Commuting on Southwest

Twicebaked

Veteran
May 22, 2003
It seems we need to revisit the rules of "commuting" on Southwest AND other airlines......

Here are the rules point blank and not really politely like the company IS going to reissue........

It has come to my attention that "they" are starting BS AGAIN!!!!!

Here goes.....................

1) Whether you think you are right or not DO NOT argue with the gate agent. You will be banned and possibly end it for all of us!

2) This is NOT your airline. You follow THEIR rules. And rules are as follows.......

a) You have NO seniority at Southwest or ANY other airline.
B) Although our agreement does not require us to list prior...do it anyway. I helps them out. Use your "new" emp number on the front of ID.
c) You are ONLY permitted 2 carry on bags. They DO NOT care that you need your 5 bags to go to Europe. Refer to rule #1
d) If you purchase a full fare ticket THAT IS WHAT IS USED. DO NOT fight with the agents because there are seats that you could have non-reved.
Refer to rule #1

Bottom line.....These problems are all from PIT commuters and we ARE getting close to losing our agreement.

I don't take twicebaked posts on the above as "complaining", rather, they're trying to correct someone who is doing nothing but trying to stir the pot. Furthermore, the reason for his post is, in my humble opinion, is that he's simply trying to nip any possible problems in the bud.
I think a bunch of us junior pukes should go over to WN in PHL, cause a huge scene a few times, get the agreement scrapped, and next thing you know, we'll be lineholders! :mf_boff:

Anyone in? :lol:

It's been said before. If WN wanted to shut down or deeply impact our operation in PHL, just pull the agreement for jumpseat or stop flying PIT-PHL... :lol: :eek:

It's been said before. If WN wanted to shut down or deeply impact our operation in PHL, just pull the agreement for jumpseat or stop flying PIT-PHL... :lol: :eek:
Yeah, forcing all the senior FAs from PIT to quit wouldn't help US Airways at all. How much money would they save with significantly more junior FAs, or even new hires, working out of PHL?

No one wants to see them quit. But they either start respecting the rules or they ruin it for everyone. Time to GROW UP people.

Yeah, forcing all the senior FAs from PIT to quit wouldn't help US Airways at all. How much money would they save with significantly more junior FAs, or even new hires, working out of PHL?
Huh? New hires as opposed to top of scale? They'd save alot....

Twicebaked is right. I work for AA and I commute on SW whenever possible--DAL is 15 miles closer to my home than DFW. They could not be nicer to me. However, they do not take kindly to non-revs that don't wish to follow a few simple rules. Banning individuals up to cancellation of the jumpseat agreement are possible outcomes to people acting like SW owes them something other than a space available, first come-first served seat.

Can someone explain the problem - is it a generational thing, an "entitlement" thing, a "seniority" thing, a "that's not the rule on REAL airlines" thing, or what. I just can't understand what's so hard to understand about "fly for free = sit down, shut up, be thankful if you get on". But I still feel funny about getting on an airplane without my hat, so what do I know.....

Jim

Ohhhh BoeingBoy it is without a doubt, absolutely, positively a seniority thing/entitlement thing. Some flight attendants are absolutely oblivious to the fact that other airlines have different rules than Usairways. The mere fact that it's probably one of THE most cut throat city pairs to commute between. NO OTHER city pair has as many commuters hands down. It's tough and THESE type of employees don't make it any easier. :rolleyes:

Latest posts