Cabin Agreement

Twicebaked

Veteran
May 22, 2003
Below is an e-mail that was sent to me and as it did the sender.......it really pi$$ed me off

This is for all the "senior mama's" that think they are entitled seniority at ANY airline....

Your seniority doesn't mean S**T.....................

If you are one of these people or know of one......pass info on to everyone that you know......

YOUR SENIORITY IS WORTHLESS ON SOUTHWEST

Get off your friggin high horse

Hi Folks,

As I write this email I'm trying to compose myself and control my anger. Apparently we have F/A's that don't have any idea how to conduct themselves when traveling w/another airline. Yes, for those of you in the dark--We have f/a's already trying to ruin our agreement w/Southwest, this even includes the amount of bags being carried onboard. They have the 2 bag rule & will make an exception if they are able w/purses (average or small) or lunch coolers., but that's it!

I've have spoken w/the Southwest agents to make sure I have the rules and their way of doing business clear. So, for those in the dark about how Southwest does business, here's the way it works.

1. You have NO SENIORITY WITH SOUTHWEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Southwest operates strictly on FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS.

3. SOUTHWEST EMPLOYEES COME FIRST, then their family members, their companion pass people, then when it comes to other airlines, no matter who you work for, THEY OPERATE STRICTLY FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE----NO EXCEPTIONS!

4. I've already had the Southwest agent tell me about some of the problems that they've had since the beginning of the month. They have already put some of our f/a's on a blacklist & they have no problem doing it for anyone not behaving properly. They will deny you boarding if you can't follow the rules or cause an embarrassing situation.

How sad that grown adults cannot behave themselves and realize that this is a PRIVILAGE & A BENEFIT!!! YOU ARE OWED NOTHING FROM SOUTHWEST!

So, here's my thought--if anyone ruins this for us--I strongly suggest that we let everyone else know exactly who that person is & I will have no problem posting their name on this list. I received a phone called that we had 7 f/a's get into a cat-fight at the Southwest counter the other night or perhaps it was last night & all 7 were denied boarding---Bravo SW!

Feel Free to pass this along to anyone else you know, as I'm not ashamed of how I feel & if anyone has a problem w/this--I'll be happy to have a discussion w/them.

Tina

It's a guess but I think they are referring to uncomfortable situations trying to non rev to and from PIT.
It could be a first come first serve deal where some may think it should be different.
A guess but probably a fairly good guess.

I think the point of the poster is that many US FA's feel entitled when flying another airline. I grew up with old school rules, and when I'm on another airlnie, even my own, I AM A GUEST IN THEIR HOME... I abide by their rules, and do what they tell me. I know I have no rights or ways to "bump" ahead of others, other than my own ability to plan.

I agree with the letter above -- we need to make sure that everyone is aware of the rules & policies of interlining & jumpseating.

Someone actually thinks their seniority at US means something at SWA? Good lord get a grip people! Shut your mouth and enjoy the free ride!!!! Some of us out west need this to commute to work so don't f&ck it up!!!!!

Twice,

I'm not sure what it is you're annoyed about. SWA has their rules, PERIOD.

It's kinda like when non smokers come to visit me. I do not smoke but I have MANY ashtrays for those that do smoke. My House, My Rules. I don't care how long you've been my friend, if you smoke or not and I certainly don't want your opinion because unless you're paying the mortgage your opinion doesn't count.

Piney,

I am not annnoyed with SWA. I am annoyed with our senior flight attendants that think they can use their seniority EVERYWHERE!!!

I use SWA alot and I (along with everyone else) don't want to lose this benefit over the stupidity of others.

Someone actually thinks their seniority at US means something at SWA? Good lord get a grip people! Shut your mouth and enjoy the free ride!!!! Some of us out west need this to commute to work so don't f&ck it up!!!!!

That is why I posted this!!!

Tell EVERYONE that their seniority means NOTHING on other airlines, or we will lose this fast!!!!!

I also know of an incident where some of our great Philly gals zoomed up to the SW gate 5 min to departure on there Nimbus 2000 broom and threw a fit because they were in the middle of flight close out. Did they not read the agreement people!? NO LESS THAN 30 MIN PRIOR TO DEPARTURE. They are going to %&* it all up for us I tell ya. Southwest pulls out on time ...everytime. Sorry we don't run an on time operation but it doesn't let you act like the Sanderson Sisters. You don't show up and throw a fit like that PERIOD!

View attachment 6281

I also know of an incident where some of our great Philly gals zoomed up to the SW gate 5 min to departure and threw a fit because they were in the middle of flight close out. Did they not read the agreement people!? NO LESS THAN 30 MIN PRIOR TO DEPARTURE. They are going to %&* it all up for us I tell ya. Southwest pulls out on time ...everytime. You don't show up and throw a fit like that PERIOD!
I have been jumpseating on Southwest the whole Summer between PIT-PHL. For the most part I have not seen anyone acting unprofessional. In fact, many of the Crew Members are handing out Candies and Gifts from lands across the Atlantic to show their gratitude. I am sure there have been some very tense moments in the heat of July and August commute. :rolleyes:

Tell EVERYONE that their seniority means NOTHING on other airlines, or we will lose this fast!!!!!
Can't say that I am in the least surprised. I predicted THIS SITUATION would develop as soon as it was announced. More than likely this reciprical agreement will be terminated within SIX months unless some common sense takes place. The F/A's that abide by the rules need to encourage the Gate/Counter Agents at SWA to enforce the rules to the letter (and why shouldn't they), report them to US Suprv's and ultimately Blackball them from the agreement. These bad apples will eventually ruin it for everyone. This SENIORITY nonsense gets real old too.......what next, just because you are senior to me I give you a better parking spot, the last sale item at a store or my sweater because You're cold..........TFB! :down:

I got your intent the first time,and agree.It would be imbarassing to watch this,Id hide my badge.
As long as were on the subject of F/A's with attitudes,Ive seen some pretty low down stuff this year when it comes to commuting.

1.First off,our a/c only have so many jump seats.It makes no since to run down and fill out 10 passes for you and your friends.
2.you have no right to use the computer at the gate in front of the agent to pick you and your sweeties seats.
3.And when I log on and check in on the comp,and you havnt yet.I look how come your suck up self gets a boarding pass before me.Your not senior and you just walked up to the counter.
4.Dont play the power card just cause you can,its not right.

All this Ive seen this year and you know who you are and what Im talking about.

allstrike/aka the mad commuter.

I also know of an incident where some of our great Philly gals zoomed up to the SW gate 5 min to departure on there Nimbus 2000 broom and threw a fit because they were in the middle of flight close out. Did they not read the agreement people!? NO LESS THAN 30 MIN PRIOR TO DEPARTURE. They are going to %&* it all up for us I tell ya. Southwest pulls out on time ...everytime. Sorry we don't run an on time operation but it doesn't let you act like the Sanderson Sisters. You don't show up and throw a fit like that PERIOD!

View attachment 6281

Also, I was told by another flight attendant that if a flight is posting a delay...they will not add you to the list after the departure time. So, if you are running and see that the 5:30 flight is delayed until 7:00 and it is alread 6:15 they will NOT let you on. She told me that they left with the flight having open seats........but that is the way they do it.