Compare T/A to 1113 BK filing

B

bagsmasher

http://twuatd.org/default.asp?id=93&ACT=5&...>

FSC''s would do well to read this before they vote. It won''t be pretty.

Interesting:

A Comparison of the Tentative Agreements to Debtor Section 1113 Proposals

Before members cast their votes for or against the tentative agreements in the coming week, they must be cognizant of one fact. Just as there are only two possible outcomes to the voting process, there are only two consequences for these outcomes. A “yesâ€￾ vote will allow the implementation of changes that will be a burden on each member. These changes will be difficult, but controlled and predictable. A “noâ€￾ vote will merely trigger a bankruptcy filing the day following the voting deadline. This is a fact that has been bluntly stated by the Company, without reservation. Anyone who thinks a “noâ€￾ vote will result in additional negotiation or better yet, an unchanged contract has ignored the news and ignored the facts. Bankruptcy is certain without these concessions in place.

And then this:

Dow Jones Business News
American Airlines Meets Resistance From Workers
Tuesday April 8, 12:18 am ET

The contract concessions that AMR Corp.'s American Airlines tentatively won from its unions have run into so much employee resistance that union leaders are coming back to management to ask for changes, The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday.

Where are the facts and the truth?

Either vote yes, or face a bigger cut, 50% in pay and more job loses...
I has been done before in Bankruptcy and will be done again by AA.

I fully understand. Vote no and take at least a 50% cut if not more. Maybe not even have a job. You can bet on one thing, everyone in this country will NOT stand up and fight for you. Compare your hourly wage with the general working public. You are a way ahead of them and they know it. You, the AA employees will be the big losers if this is voted down. Like FAMikey says, lets give now and remain to fight in a better time......

----------------
On 4/8/2003 4:34:25 PM twaokc wrote:

I fully understand. Vote no and take at least a 50% cut if not more. Maybe not even have a job. You can bet on one thing, everyone in this country will NOT stand up and fight for you. Compare your hourly wage with the general working public. You are a way ahead of them and they know it. You, the AA employees will be the big losers if this is voted down. Like FAMikey says, lets give now and remain to fight in a better time......

----------------​
Based upon your post on another message board, it would appear that you are willing to give the shaft to your former coworkers in order not to jeopardize your medical benefits.

No TWAOKC, You just don''t understand! You cant'' let Reality influence your decisions. We need to take a Stand! Make a statement! We can''t let this company just push us around. The whole nation will rise up in unity with us. We must Fight Fight Fight! Or else we''re all just, Gasp, Cowards!

----------------
On 4/8/2003 4:45:24 PM AA D2 TW SP wrote:

----------------
On 4/8/2003 4:34:25 PM twaokc wrote:

I fully understand. Vote no and take at least a 50% cut if not more.  Maybe not even have a job. You can bet on one thing, everyone in this country will NOT stand up and fight for you. Compare your hourly wage with the general working public. You are a way ahead of them and they know it. You, the AA employees will be the big losers if this is voted down. Like FAMikey says, lets give now and remain to fight in a better time......

----------------​
Based upon your post on another message board, it would appear that you are willing to give the shaft to your former coworkers in order not to jeopardize your medical benefits.

----------------​
Everyone is going to get the shaft. The question is do you want the little one the unions agreed to, OR the XXL one the company will bring out in bankruptcy?

That is very true, but if they pass, there is a chance that they will not file. If they are rejected, the company will file on the 15th.

And no you were not right!!!!!

AA D2 TW SP

I did not say that. But if you do vote no, more and more will get the shaft. Its too bad that the industry is in the shape it is in, but I am looking at the lesser of 2 evils....I wish nothing but the best for my former coworkers, but they have been getting the shaft since this merger took place, along with the retirees.

So I was right about your motive.

No, I do not want to to lose your benefits, but nothing in these agreements prevents the company from filing for bankruptcy later and take even more.