Continental 2006 Profit of $343 Million

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
Continental Airlines today reported 2006 net income of $343 million ($3.30 diluted earnings per share), a substantial improvement over the 2005 net loss of $68 million. 2006 net income includes a $92 million gain on the sale of a portion of the company's investment in Copa Airlines and a net charge from other special items of $53 million. Excluding special items, Continental's net income for the full year was $304 million ($2.95 diluted earnings per share), a substantial improvement over the 2005 net loss of $205 million excluding special items.

In spite of fuel price increases costing over $510 million year-over-year, 2006 net income improved on strong revenue growth, which was up 17.1 percent year-over-year, and continued cost reduction initiatives.

Wow...CO can manage to make money without degrading their product! I guess US could learn a lesson or two.

US1YFARE,

You took the words right out of my mouth. CO gets it as far as the business traveler is concerned. I had a trip on CO this past week which ranged from perfect conditions to very bad (ice storm in TX), and all in all CO people made a big difference.

Not to mention that the product is far superior to US, and I received a hot meal in coach on a mid-con (IAH-LGA)!

To my new friends at CO--thanks and keep it up!

Continental Airlines today reported 2006 net income of $343 million ($3.30 diluted earnings per share), a substantial improvement over the 2005 net loss of $68 million. 2006 net income includes a $92 million gain on the sale of a portion of the company's investment in Copa Airlines and a net charge from other special items of $53 million. Excluding special items, Continental's net income for the full year was $304 million ($2.95 diluted earnings per share), a substantial improvement over the 2005 net loss of $205 million excluding special items.

In spite of fuel price increases costing over $510 million year-over-year, 2006 net income improved on strong revenue growth, which was up 17.1 percent year-over-year, and continued cost reduction initiatives.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Yes, congrats.

However,
It's just ANOTHER reason that, that "perceived" pair of "stareing" EYES, rustling sound in the BUSHES, and HEAVY breathing in the dark.....belongs to..."UAL" :shock: :shock:

NH/BB's

Glad I decided to not fly with United... Hope my Continental interview goes well! Would love to work for a company that is actually turning a profit! :up: