Could Wn Visit U Bankruptcy

skyflyr69 said:
No one will back WN in that venture. And i doubt WN would put up their own money. in the halls of congress i hear "Employees go with assets"
So WN, you better be careful what you wish for.

:rolleyes:
[post="272289"][/post]​
The halls of congress are NOT employee oriented. What have they done to help labor? Savy

AtlanticBeach:

I agree with your thoughts.

Last Friday US Airways filed a bankruptcy court motion inviting other parties to submit their own reorganization plan. Southwest may elect to provide a bid for certain US Airways assets, but they must prove that the creditors committee would be better served by the Texas-based airline’s plan, if one is submitted, versus the well capitalized and detailed plan US Airways will submit.

Then Southwest must have Judge Mitchell agree with their motion when the judge has approved almost 100% of US Airways’ motions.

What’s important here is that the financial community brokered the deal, there are no airline making any noise to block the deal, the ATSB has been briefed on the deal and did not provide “behind close doorsâ€￾ objections, and the ATSB is really a regulatory body since 2 of their 3 members also have antitrust review.

In regard to this costing more for America West, the Tempe-based airline is not paying one cent for the deal. The merger agreement creates a holding company that will obtain $1.5 billion in financing and will merge two independent companies into one new business enterprise called US Airways.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

coolflyingfool said:
They could also lease say 20 of the B737s that will leave the US fleet and have them flying in about 2 to 3 months.

Herb has not taken on a single additional 737-300 since the -700s began to arrive at the end of 1997, except for 5 used examples taken on in early 1998 following Western Pacific's shutdown.
They are not interested in -300s at all anymore. Only -700s.