Crude Oil And Its Effect On Us Airways

USA320Pilot said:
With all due respect, are there intraday swings that can be traded with Technical Analysis such as Candlesticks, Stochastics, RSI, and Moving Averages
:lol: OMG, on top of everything else, you're a day-trader! Oh, this is so rich!

USA320Pilot said:
I believe 80% of trading is psychology and 20% is mechanics, which makes it so difficult, even for the professionals.
[post="256550"][/post]​
But, fortunately, easy for those day-trading pilots. :lol:

Yes, there may well be a futures bubble forming, but if so it's a short-term hiccup on the way to a longer-term overall supply shortage of refined products.

USA320Pilot said:
Right now I believe there is “irrational exuberanceâ€￾ (to coin a phrase from Alan Greenspan) regarding NYMEX Crude Oil Futures prices. There is an interesting “Bullâ€￾ vs. “Bearâ€￾ battle that could begin. The market has come a long way, very fast and the question is the market in a “demand or speculativeâ€￾ rally?

I’m of the opinion that there will be significant volatility and when the correction comes, and it always does in every market, it will be swift and painful as fear of losing profits becomes reality.

Time will tell and it will be interesting to watch because I believe 80% of trading is psychology and 20% is mechanics, which makes it so difficult, even for the professionals.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="256550"][/post]​

Actually, it is not irrational exuberance at all. The rise in crude oil prices is based on the fact that stocks of refined product--gasoline and distillates (such as home heating oil)--dropped significantly more than expected. Gasoline stocks dropped by something like 1.5 million bbls when the estimate had expected the drop to be more like 800,000 bbls.

By the way, is there a reason you like to predict "painful" outcomes for people and markets? You use that word a lot in your lectures.

mweiss said:
:lol: OMG, on top of everything else, you're a day-trader! Oh, this is so rich!
[post="256584"][/post]​

Michael,

Surely you've heard the old saying about pilots and the stock market: All pilots know how to make a small fortune dabbling in the market - we just start with a large fortune.

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
Michael,

Surely you've heard the old saying about pilots and the stock market: All pilots know how to make a small fortune dabbling in the market - we just start with a large fortune.

Jim
[post="256602"][/post]​

Amen to that

BoeingBoy said:
All pilots know how to make a small fortune dabbling in the market - we just start with a large fortune.
[post="256602"][/post]​
I knew that, but I didn't realize just how pervasive it was! :shock:

BoeingBoy:

BoeingBoy said: "Surely you've heard the old saying about pilots and the stock market: All pilots know how to make a small fortune dabbling in the market - we just start with a large fortune."

USA320Pilot comments: Speak for yourself. It takes time and a lot of mistakes to learn how to trade, regardless of your weapon of choice, but your generalization is wrong, unless you speak from a personal perspective.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
BoeingBoy:

BoeingBoy said: "Surely you've heard the old saying about pilots and the stock market: All pilots know how to make a small fortune dabbling in the market - we just start with a large fortune."

USA320Pilot comments: Speak for yourself. It takes time and a lot of mistakes to learn how to trade, regardless of your weapon of choice, but your generalization is wrong, unless you speak from a personal perspective. 

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="256661"][/post]​

That is a outright lie. Jim is right on more then 80% of stock and commodities day- traders when starting out lose their money in the market and end up quitting. In fact professionals (Doctors, Lawyers, etc.) (I use that term lightly for you) tend to do even worse daytrading.

UVN:

I agree that many people lose money trading the markets, but that's because they do not learn how to trade. How many people were experienced and successful at their trade when they first started?

The majority of the people fail because they cannot master market psychology -- it's not the mechanics.

By the way, how come you can participate on this forum apparently from sun up to sun down almost every day? Do you work and are you employed?

Interesting, huh...

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
By the way, how come you can participate on this forum apparently from sun up to sun down almost every day? Do you work and are you employed?

[post="256682"][/post]​

:down:

The same might be asked of an airline pilot with over 4k posts in less than two years (and probably more like 8k+ total if we added the others to your current total).

Unbecoming of a Captain, IMO. Let's get back to U.

BoeingBoy said:
Michael,
Jim
[post="256602"][/post]​
USA320Pilot said:
[post="256661"][/post]​
USA320Pilot said:
UVN:

I agree that many people lose money trading the markets, but that's because they do not learn how to trade. How many people were experienced and successful at their trade when they first started?

The majority of the people fail because they cannot master market psychology -- it's not the mechanics.

Interesting, huh...
[post="256682"][/post]​

You sure didn't seem to agree with Jim when he made his statement. It is amazing how you can say one thing then quickly pull a 180 never admitting you wrong, never missing a beat then just as quickly try to change the subject.. Just like all your posts about everything else on here.

I agree market psychology is more difficult then the mechanics but it doesn't take a genesis to see that.

USA320Pilot said:
[post="256682"][/post]​
Funny thing about people who play the markets...they all make tons of money when they talk to other people, and yet most somehow come out behind on the books. The same happens with people who go to LAS.

I'd imagine it's related to the phenomenon of nobody voting in favor of concessionary contracts. :D

BTW, it hasn't escaped me that you've carefully avoided sparring with me on these forums. ;)

mweiss said:
BTW, it hasn't escaped me that you've carefully avoided sparring with me on these forums. ;)
[post="256722"][/post]​

I was wondering if you just stop trying. He usually doesn't spar at all. It has been interesting letting him self implode.

Latest posts

Back