Ctd's Training Pays Off

Oh, the humanity. The destruction. The devastation. The horror. The ravenous MiniTowers have struck.

Nice pixs Dude, looks very yummie.

G & 4961.....try this one. It's good for about 25-30lbs of ribs.

1 Cup Light brown sugar, packed
1 Cup White vinegar
1/2 Cup Seasoned salt
1/2 Cup Onion powder
1/2 Cup Paprika
4 Tablespoons Pepper
4 Tablespoons Chile powder
4 Tablespoons Dry mustard
2 Teaspoon Poultry seasoning
2 Teaspoon Thyme
2 Teaspoon Tarragon
2 Teaspoon Ginger
1 Teaspoon Allspice
1 Tablespoon Hy's Montreal Steak spice
15 Drops of Tobasco Sauce

Rub on ribs after marinading and wrap in airtight container (plastic bag) and place in fridge for 24 hours then cook 'em up.

Add 1/2 cup of Pure Maple Syrup and Ketchup/BBQ sauce to remaining rub to make a BBQ sauce. I usually only add the Maple Syrup as the rub is pretty good as it is. Ketchup/BBQ sauce works good for thinning the rub a little into a sauce.

Enjoy

R

Randy_G said:
Here's a question for all of you who've done ribs the CTD way. When you make your bbq sauce, what do you add to it (other than the juicy goodness that comes from the roasting pan) ??

I add:
  • brown sugar
  • a little Cattle Boy'z bbq sauce to add some zing
  • a hint of salt
This makes for a sweet sauce, and is nice if you use a spicy rub. It will ease the heat, but allows the flavour to come through.

Cheers
Randy,

I don't usually add BBQ sauce becasue the rub usually adds enough flavour to the drippings. I do use brown sugar and add ketchup to thicken. Sometimes a hint of mustard as well.

Getting hungry here...

Rosco - your rub looks
ymca.gif

chef.gif

Hey Maggie....good idea except it's not the extra weight that worries me, it's the state of enebriation for the drive home that worries me. Hate to get pulled over!! :D

Here's the bus I'll be travelling in....

....we may even toss CTD in the back behind bars where he'll be out of harms reach, not to mention the ignition!!

Better cinch him down LR, there's alot of carpet back there that would do alot of damage to the nice shiny dome. :p

Yes by'...and did ya notice the size of the hole between the aft seats. Me thinks a 12 pack of Blue Star will fit through that!! :up:

Up here, the ones behind bars have been lappin' up some of that fine 50, if you know what I mean ;)

That'd kinda suit him but there'd be an aweful mess back there if you're anything like the local g-men.......that's why the Subs have got plastic benches that I'm sure he'd be already accustomed to...... :eek:

Maybe the Malibu ain't such a bad idea.......................not B)

OK, since the thread has my name on it, I don't mind hijacking it.

So, we're off to the Muskokas next weekend (LongRanger, T5Limit, Flinger, and a couple other invited dignitaries) for a weekend of drinking warm milk and telling mild tales. L-R is arriving YOW on the 15th, and we'll spend the evening by the smoker, getting one of these puppies ready for the weekend.

So far, the menu has ribs on for one evening, T5 says he's doing Eggs Bennie for one morning, and Flinger is bringing some of his mother's cookies. :unsure:

:D Yeah, but there's still hope for you - I might come down with some form of digital polio or sumpin'.

Turnips:

-Boil 10 cups water
-Add turnip
-When turnip is cooked, drain and throw away.

You can use the same recipe for Brussels Sprouts.

I need to talk to you, are you in the hangar tomorrow?

Back