CWA!! re: Sentiment of more NO's than YES's going around ..is this FACT OR FICTION?

On 9/10/2002 7:01:12 PM Meriel wrote:

Folks have mentioned that the judge's decision isn't a negotiation issue... either it's tossed out or it isn't. What folks haven't mentioned as much is that the judge doesn't make that decision in a vacuum or with ultimate authority. There are criteria which must be met in order for a contract to be abrogated. And, either way it falls, abrogation or not... you can surely expect an appeal by the parties involved.

Meriel,

My husband and I appreciate reading your thoughts on this board. Your comments are well written and designed to inform folks. Cool heads will certainly prevail during these times.

Liz

So the judge throws out the iam and cwa contract.It will be a little hard to run an airline without ticket agents,gate agents,res,utility,stores,mechanics.How is Dave going to handle that problem? He can't hire replacements for all those people !!!!

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 9/10/2002 10:03:21 PM flyonthewall wrote:
[P]And the general consensus in MCO is yes[/P]
[P] [/P]
[P]pitrescsd wrote:[/P]
[P]Well, I don't know where you got that information from, but being in PIT, the general concensus I'm hearing is a BIG YES.[BR][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]Sounds like my topical question has been answered..[STRONG]FICTION[/STRONG]....the people I spoke to allegedly screaming NO or saying they are hearing NO's on the phones when talking to other offices since Monday are apparently blowing chili gas out their rear ends......[/P]

Hey Folks
It's gonna pass. Wait and see. People see $20.00 an hour and everyone is stoked. If you look past the hourly wage you'll see the rest of the deal is a bunch of garbage. But not many I talk to look any further than the hourly wage. Like that little guy from Texas with the bad haircut always says the devil is in the details.

What amazes me in MCO is the people who scream NO!!!! have not even read the contract revisions. How can one make the choice to vote either yes or no without even knowing what is in the revised contract????? I just do not get it. Yes even though I am leaning towards a no vote, just need to get some clarifications to see what actually I vote...at least I have read it and have some understanding of it. I do believe some are going to vote no on the principal to try and screw the company.....however they do not grasp the reality is that if that is the only reason they vote no...they in turn are screwing themselves. At least I have a concern to look towards the no vote, that is the MAA/dot com question as I have posted in another section. Once I get the answer I am looking for THEN and only THEN will I vote.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 9/11/2002 12:28:09 AM MCORORES wrote:
[P]What amazes me in MCO is the people who scream NO!!!! have not even read the contract revisions.  How can one make the choice to vote either yes or no without even knowing what is in the revised contract?????  I just do not get it.  Yes even though I am leaning towards a no vote, just need to get some clarifications to see what actually I vote...at least I have read it and have some understanding of it.  I do believe some are going to vote no on the principal to try and screw the company.....however they do not grasp the reality is that if that is the only reason they vote no...they in turn are screwing themselves.  At least I have a concern to look towards the no vote, that is the MAA/dot com question as I have posted in another section.  Once I get the answer I am looking for THEN and only THEN will I vote.  [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]REVISIONS?? What revisions?The Agreement on website looks the same today as it did yesterday and there certainly aren't enough copies circulating around that we would have a chance to view any revisions..Shouldn't these revisions be posted on the web for all to see since there are not 7000 copies circulating on paper??There is also mis-info going around about taking an extra 2 days of pay away from everyone,not related to the holiday 2 day forfeiture, to make up for the JULY 1 retro paycut..I don't see anything like that at all!!! I read it as the 2 day holiday giveback of this years 11/27 and 28 are to be used as the payback for not taking a paycut back to JUL 1..is there any more clarification of this because several people are thinking scenario number 1, not my scenario.[/P]
[P] I also am totally convinced that USAIRWAYS has no plans to pay thousands of cust svc reps in excess of 20 an hour for the next 6 years, just to work as, in their words, unskilled dumb clerks or dumb tkt ctr agts/ramprats.The MDA is the beginning of the end for top tier jobs as is the INTERNET TECHY desk which will top at 13.00 an hour and probably replace over 1/2 the current rez force within a year, not 2 years,probably as soon as the schedule change mess is over and after the holiday rush, assuming there is one....It is my opinion the 20.00 an hr. offer is a temporary placating pile of bread crumbs meant to pacify the lemming masses who have no clue and who will sign to just about anything .. and who didn't bother to seek out or prepare for different employment over a year ago when this industry began its rapid descent into h-e-l-l..those folks will jump at anything not realizing the short and medium term effect of what this restructuring is all about.The union brass will gain lotsa members in the new deal(s), so they have nothing to worry about, they'll still get their money. Meanwhile there will be more res and csa furloguhs and hundreds if not thousands of others displaced to 13 an hour or less within a year or so. So it's still down to 2 tough choices...or are they easier choices now?[/P]
[P] [/P]

I work in PIT/RES, I havent heard to many agents that want to keep the present contact as it is written.The talk is I can live with the new amendments but hate the wording in the old contract What we need to do is have the whole contract rewritten and then go from there,if this doesnt happen, then I will vote..NO! Remember, we will have to live with this contact for 8 YEARS.Then only by going to arbritation can any thing be changed.If you look at our past record, the arbitraitor seems to have favored the company. Dont piss on my boots and tell me its raining..Clint Eastwood

I work in INT haven't heard of anyone overjoyed about the contract although most of us realize this is probably the best it's going to get...we don't have a whole lot of options...I just wish for all ato and res agts that there would finally be a sense of job security..it's sad to see even what we have to vote on still does not give us piece of mind.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/10/2002 5:12:27 PM RealityCheck wrote:

I don't know who or what to believe..people are just now catching glimpses of the full contract,just a couple of copies circulating the sales floor, and by word of mouth(we know how accurate that can be)..and the general concensus is [STRONG]NO[/STRONG] in PITTSBURGH and ORLANDO rez..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love it when a plan comes together...Thank you for motivating the silent majority RealityCheck

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 9/18/2002 4:10:04 AM ChairPrefRes wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[BR][BR]I love it when a plan comes together...Thank you for motivating the silent majority RealityCheck[BR]
[P][/P]
[P]----------------[/P]
[P] [/P]
[P]We will see how motivated people are when new furloughs and/or an office closure occurs soon.Latest News is Kerry is on her way to Orlando rez within a week.Oh well! In the meantime I got me some 60 days of paid FMLA to burn off.. TA![/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P][/BLOCKQUOTE][img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/18/2002 9:01:50 AM ITRADE wrote:

More of RealityCheck's FUD. My understanding was that Kerry's MCO meeting was planned, scheduled, and on the calendar for quite a while.
----------------
[/blockquote]

What, are ya courting the woman, and her appointment book? And your kid sister to boot?

REF:
ITRADE
Total Posts: 262
Last Post: 9/18/2002
Point of order here, that was Slug, not Laker with the inbreeding comment. And, BTW, what is so wrong with sex with your kid sister???