CWA sold us out to increse membership dues $$$$....

..that's what I meant about being sold out..the union picks up extra dues payers..I as well do not see protection from the $13.01 an hr...notice Mid-Atlantic Employees don't get to pick their union it is automatically CWA. Although I'm not sure there were to many other options.... ....Not too many have a problem with the givebacks as initially announced...it's the job protection and $13.01 an hr...we are concerned about...CWA failed to protect us those issues..or maybe they did the best they could...well just have to wait and see.....time will tell.

I can not believe how some of you are reacting to the current offer that we must vote on. Anything is better than nothing at all. So, some of you will have to take pay cuts to $13.01/hr, big deal. In the larger scope of things, that kind of pay for the actual job you are doing isn't anything to gripe about. Look around and try to find a job that pays that in this economy. You may find some in the Information Technology field, but that's it. Those of you left should be happy in the fact that at least for now you still have somewhat decent jobs, keeping in mind that I am a furloughed res agent. I have spoken with many furloughed agents in Indy and we will all be voting yes, but only because of the extension of the flight benefits. We all hope that in the next year or so we may be in the position to actually afford to go somewhere and take advantage of them.

Then on the subject of office closings, what is owned and isn't owned is irrelevant to this company. The company owns a large complex in San Diego and they closed, they own a very large office and a hangar on several acres in Indy and we closed. It is also obvious that office performance isn't a factor to the company either, if it were then we all know what office would have been closed instead of perhaps one of the others.

Each one of us must vote how we feel and let the cards deal as they may. If they close another office and furlough more people, then so be it. There is life after US Airways, it takes awhile to adjust, but it does exist. If you're not happy with what they are offering to you, then leave, no one has a gun to your head and is making you stay. Besides, there are many people who would,given the chance, go back for $13.01, it's alot more than most of us are making now anyway.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/15/2002 7:41:06 PM Bradly71 wrote:

I can not believe how some of you are reacting to the current offer that we must vote on. Anything is better than nothing at all. So, some of you will have to take pay cuts to $13.01/hr, big deal. In the larger scope of things, that kind of pay for the actual job you are doing isn't anything to gripe about. Look around and try to find a job that pays that in this economy. You may find some in the Information Technology field, but that's it. Those of you left should be happy in the fact that at least for now you still have somewhat decent jobs, keeping in mind that I am a furloughed res agent. I have spoken with many furloughed agents in Indy and we will all be voting yes, but only because of the extension of the flight benefits. We all hope that in the next year or so we may be in the position to actually afford to go somewhere and take advantage of them.

Then on the subject of office closings, what is owned and isn't owned is irrelevant to this company. The company owns a large complex in San Diego and they closed, they own a very large office and a hangar on several acres in Indy and we closed. It is also obvious that office performance isn't a factor to the company either, if it were then we all know what office would have been closed instead of perhaps one of the others.

Each one of us must vote how we feel and let the cards deal as they may. If they close another office and furlough more people, then so be it. There is life after US Airways, it takes awhile to adjust, but it does exist. If you're not happy with what they are offering to you, then leave, no one has a gun to your head and is making you stay. Besides, there are many people who would,given the chance, go back for $13.01, it's alot more than most of us are making now anyway.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Forgive me for not using a calculator or any sense of rationality and fair play when the company starts turning a profit and we are basically stuck at $13 or if you are lucky $20, for 6 years..doing a sweatshop, nonstop, no team work, BIG BROTHER WATCHING EVERY MOVE, job ... I don't think so.

$22 - $13 = $9/hr.reduction.... times... 172 hrs a month avg work =$1548 per month gross less pay. And all your worried about is freeking free flight benefits?

If you are truly so unhappy in your job that you refer to it as a sweatshop, then find another job that doesn't give you that feeling. I know nothing about you, but you seem to have the exact same attitude that the Jurassic Park'ers had in Indianapolis.. spoiled for so long that you can't see the big picture. Considering that most of us in Indy that have found jobs are making far less than $13.01 an hour now, let them close your office and re-open ours. We would all gladly go back, not only for the job but for the comradely. You will NEVER find a job like the one you have now, no matter how hard you look. Even with the benefits they are taking back and pay they are cutting, it is still far better than anything available in the market today. What is so different about big brother watching? They have always watched and recorded and monitored and so on, nothing new there. Also, to some of us, yes the freAking flight benefits are worth it.

Now that we know for the 180th time how great your life is and how ur financially set and how u dont need this job and how it sucks being in res and how your 20yrs of seniority gives u whatever and how bad the union is and how bad the union sold u out and how bad the company bargained in bad faith and how ur gonna vote no and how your on this computer complaining 24hrs a day and how u really cant have a life with all your constant posting and complaining about your job...Now that we know all of that plus a whole lot more maybe u can sine off of this site and move on like you keep telling us your planning to do....cuz your getting really boring with all the rhetoric which means nothing to anyone on this site.....we desire information on here not what you feel u have the need to tell us on a multi-hourly basis...your wasting good computer space.....its time go away........yes the company won this war...yes they did...we know that....the cwa did not sell out...every union had no choice in this matter.....if this airline is gonna be around for somebody to work it then this must be done.....but u on the other hand should go away and do whatever it is that you claim u can do...........just my opinion

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/15/2002 11:14:48 PM Bradly71 wrote:

If you are truly so unhappy in your job that you refer to it as "a sweatshop", then find another job that doesn't give you that feeling. I know nothing about you, but you seem to have the exact same attitude that the "Jurassic Park'ers" had in Indianapolis.. spoiled for so long that you can't see the big picture. Considering that most of us in Indy that have found jobs are making far less than $13.01 an hour now, let them close your office and re-open ours. We would all gladly go back, not only for the job but for the comradely. You will NEVER find a job like the one you have now, no matter how hard you look. Even with the benefits they are taking back and pay they are cutting, it is still far better than anything available in the market today. What is so different about "big brother" watching? They have always watched and recorded and monitored and so on, nothing new there. Also, to some of us, yes the freAking flight benefits are worth it.
----------------
[/blockquote]

1-Comraderie?/You and fellow agts must have gone unavailable a lot or you befriended people that matched your break schedule exactly. Otherwise comraderie is outside the office or with your pals on breaks, if you were lucky to break with them and follow your adherence to the letter.. that is it. Period. There are no team mettings, pep meetings, sales meetings, Q and A meetings, no outlet for concerns and questions,nothing. And it is nonstop on the phones, unlike maybe when you worked when there might have been slow periods to socialize.
2- I don't mind the doing the job at all, if it were not for the stopwatch gustapo tactics and the writing up of 40 agents out of 400 if you are in bottom 10pct of stats for the office.Monitoring and recording is fine, for the basics, for the cust svc, for the sabre proficiency, not for cracking the whip. That is unacceptable and a primary reason, among others, people are voting NO. Less pay/less bennys, but same hostile working conditions= NO for some folks. Heard today(probly just rumor) that Pit and INT are leaning NO. Don't know bout Orlando.
3- Unfortunately,it is not my concern that many, not all, furloughed or about to be furloughed have not taken life steps to better their education and resumee, sharpen their skills, rearrange and tighten up finances, and look for alternate employment when this industry gave warning of trouble 2 years ago, and most recently a year ago.
I did all the above, and I have the God given, not to mention seniority accrued right, to vote based on the fact that the company didn't barter in good faith. It may be cruel but I do not have to take other employees considerations nor that of the companies to cast that vote any more than I would ever ask anyone to vote for any person place or thing in this country that favors me, not them.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/16/2002 4:37:17 PM Robc98 wrote:

Now that we know for the 180th time how great your life is and how ur financially set and how u dont need this job and how it sucks being in res and how your 20yrs of seniority gives u whatever and how bad the union is and how bad the union sold u out and how bad the company bargained in bad faith and how ur gonna vote no and how your on this computer complaining 24hrs a day and how u really cant have a life with all your constant posting and complaining about your job...Now that we know all of that plus a whole lot more maybe u can sine off of this site and move on like you keep telling us your planning to do....cuz your getting really boring with all the rhetoric which means nothing to anyone on this site.....we desire information on here not what you feel u have the need to tell us on a multi-hourly basis...your wasting good computer space.....its time go away........yes the company won this war...yes they did...we know that....the cwa did not sell out...every union had no choice in this matter.....if this airline is gonna be around for somebody to work it then this must be done.....but u on the other hand should go away and do whatever it is that you claim u can do...........just my opinion
----------------
[/blockquote]

The reason it is necessary to repeat ad nauseum is because non-skilled muddle thru life bone heads like you who have no backup plan ,and are willing to settle for crumbs, continuously berate those who do not agree with your shlemmings concept,(that is slang for sheep and lemmings). I have never once, til now, suggested anyone to go away or used gun to the head insulting tactics to sway the vote other than to present the facts as I see them and my assessment of such, can't say the same about you and your kind, can you?? I will go away when the rest of you do. Maybe you and your low self esteem feel you can't let go, but I've earned the right to say when I am ready to leave, be it vol or invol. And so have others who have shared with me the same or a similar opinion.

2- I don't mind the doing the job at all, if it were not for the stopwatch gustapo tactics and the writing up of 40 agents out of 400 if you are in bottom 10pct of stats for the office.Monitoring and recording is fine, for the basics, for the cust svc, for the sabre proficiency, not for cracking the whip. That is unacceptable and a primary reason, among others, people are voting NO. Less pay/less bennys, but same hostile working conditions= NO for some folks. Heard today(probly just rumor) that Pit and INT are leaning NO. Don't know bout Orlando.

Nah, majority of Pit has already voted. Yes. Maybe with some regret but it will be a yes vote all around. I predict the contract will pass 70% yes 30% no.

3- Unfortunately,it is not my concern that many, not all, furloughed or about to be furloughed have not taken life steps to better their education and resumee, sharpen their skills, rearrange and tighten up finances, and look for alternate employment when this industry gave warning of trouble 2 years ago, and most recently a year ago.
I did all the above, and I have the God given, not to mention seniority accrued right, to vote based on the fact that the company didn't barter in good faith. It may be cruel but I do not have to take other employees considerations nor that of the companies to cast that vote any more than I would ever ask anyone to vote for any person place or thing in this country that favors me, not them.

Goodie. You'll be quitting then on Wednesday, yes?
After all, how could you continue to work for such a lousy company. It has to be against your staunch principles.

I could only wish all the muti talented customer service and res agents that are in such hot demand would just quit the company, and leave the jobs here for people who appreciate them and think this deal is workable. I don't like alot in this contract but if I was unemployed for a year and someone offered me this contract I'd take it in a heartbeat.

[BLOCKQUOTE]ANOTHER POST DELETED BY MODERATOR[/BLOCKQUOTE]

I will re-phrase, in reply to the previous infantile outburst of name calling and lack of debate.

Talk about hitting the nail on the head? Seems I hit a sore spot with you. Don't address anything in the debate or bother to present your own facts, just call out fancy li'l insults and that's supposed to validate your point in your eyes and everyone elses.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/16/2002 5:52:31 PM EightySix wrote:

Nah, majority of Pit has already voted. Yes. Maybe with some regret but it will be a yes vote all around. I predict the contract will pass 70% yes 30% no.

Goodie. You'll be quitting then on Wednesday, yes?
After all, how could you continue to work for such a lousy company. It has to be against your staunch principles.

I could only wish all the muti talented customer service and res agents that are in such hot demand would just quit the company, and leave the jobs here for people who appreciate them and think this deal is workable. I don't like alot in this contract but if I was unemployed for a year and someone offered me this contract I'd take it in a heartbeat.
----------------
[/blockquote]
I guess you have a bunch of liars in PIT rez because several agts here,(incl myself in only one inquiry last week) who have talked to PIT agts via cust svc desk or alternate PIT depts, have told res agts a lot of No's were circulating.I did indicate in parentheses above>>(probly just rumor)

You continue to try to deny me the right to vote how I wish, based on my life, my past, my present, my future..NOT YOURS, NOT ANYONE ELSES...that is not acceptable politics, and is not up for further negotiation. Sorry. Decision made.

awww cmon moderator this was just getting good............

Latest posts