Cwa Spokesperson Doesn't See Concessions From Them

I don't believe the CWA group can do any more than they have already done...

Pay has been reduced to lower the Southwest pays, the benefits costs are lower for USAIRWAYS than Southwest pays....

We are more than competitive with employee costs for CWA workers...

We have actually already given concessions 3 times...

1. We gave up pensions...(that other union groups still have like pilots, flight attend, mechanics, etc...)

2. Gave up 25 percent of our vacation weekly pay...

3. Gave up 2 paid holidays to go from 10 to 8...

4. Gave up about $2.00 an hour to reduce top pay to go "below Southwest", a low cost competitor, that has higher pay, & benefit costs than USAIRWAYS in Ticket agents, gate agents, Reservations,etc..

I think it is Management's turn to give up some things now to help this company!!!!
What givebacks is Management gonna give up?...

Nothing, you say?.....I thought they are so worried about the survival of this company???? ....Everybody else has already given....

"Practice what your preach...."

It appears to me that the CWA President Perry is a smart strong leader who tells it like it is and calls its like she see's it! This is what I see as good representation of its members. Nice job!

Reservation Agent said:
I don't believe the CWA group can do any more than they have already done...

Pay has been reduced to lower the Southwest pays, the benefits costs are lower for USAIRWAYS than Southwest pays....

We are more than competitive with employee costs for CWA workers...

We have actually already given concessions 3 times...

1. We gave up pensions...(that other union groups still have like pilots, flight attend, mechanics, etc...)

2. Gave up 25 percent of our vacation weekly pay...

3. Gave up 2 paid holidays to go from 10 to 8...

4. Gave up about $2.00 an hour to reduce top pay to go "below Southwest", a low cost competitor, that has higher pay, & benefit costs than USAIRWAYS in Ticket agents, gate agents, Reservations,etc..

I think it is Management's turn to give up some things now to help this company!!!!
What givebacks is Management gonna give up?...

Nothing, you say?.....I thought they are so worried about the survival of this company???? ....Everybody else has already given....

"Practice what your preach...."
lets not forget all of the free space positive they get on the jets! that has to be a bruiser for the poor pax who pay to fly first class then get shafted by a clown and his family to fly space positive. i think a story occurred out of roc or phl and the 5 pax who were removed went ot delta and got better service!!

Back