Airline Wants 23% Wage Cutbacks Now

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Airline wants 23% wage cutbacks now and $950 million annual reductions

See Story

During the past 6 months ALPA's financial and legal advisors warned that if the company entered bankruptcy the cuts would be larger than $800 million. In the case of ALPA, the RC4 ignored the advisor’s opinion. Guess what? The RC4 were wrong and the advisors were right. Presumably the other unions obtained the same advice.

During bankruptcy airlines always suffer from passengers "booking away" and increased costs associated with a "judicial restructuring". Moreover, in the case of US Airways the company warned employees that RJ financing would expire no later than September 30 if the transformation plan with labor participation was not implemented. This will result in a further loss of revenue during a difficult period with oil now above $50 per barrel.

If any employee does not like the deeper cuts than they should complain to their union who created this problem. Management and ALPA's advisors were up front and told employees cuts would be deeper in bankruptcy. In fact, In a September 19 letter to all pilots ALPA MEC chairman Bill Pollock said, “US Airways president and CEO Bruce Lakefield has been upfront and forthright about US Airways’ plans for a possible bankruptcy filing. There have not been any surprises from him, and his integrity still governs his relationship with his employees.â€￾

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320,

You and your ALPA advisors sanction blackmail, and extortion from these types managements. Steal the regional pilots money, and then never look at those employees again.

Shame on ALPA International who call themselves a union, deceitfully organizes employees into believing they are securing a future, a profession, and then steals the employees money in dues dollars for that kind of representation ....

"oh, please, please, don't hurt me, I will agree, I will agree, oh please don't make it worse"....

DELETED

THIS MANAGEMENT HAS RUINED USAIRWAYS; NOT LABOR!

USA320Pilot said:

See Story

During bankruptcy airlines always suffer from passengers "booking away" and increased costs associated with a "judicial restructuring". Moreover, in the case of US Airways the company warned employees that RJ financing would expire no later than September 30 if the transformation plan with labor participation was not implemented. This will result in a further loss of revenue during a difficult period with oil now above $50 per barrel.

If any employee does not like the deeper cuts than they should complain to their union who created this problem.
Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="185388"][/post]​

Hey Captain... understandable that paxs book away buring a "judicial restructuring" but the moron that seems to be in charge (bronner) does not help matters when he constantly states of Liquidation... not only does he have you scared he has the added responsibilty of scareing paxs as well..... The Unions did not create this mess, management did... let be clear about that.... you are upset that the RC4 does not agree with you and you have no say in it.... you are not a member of the NC team and you only need to worry about your station reps, not the ones from another city... wiseup and get over it.... you constantly post and or repost doom and gloom, enough already, please...why do you constantly post the same thing, hell once or twice and ok I will even give you a 3rd time of the same post should be enough... people will either get or don't, its their choice not yours....

You forget he was able to hold the "proxy" vote once as we were told over and over for the ELECTED LGA Rep. :p

I believe majority still rules in this country!!!!! :up:

320, I was not aware that Judge Mitchell made a ruling on the pay cuts today [9-28]. I understand management "wants" 23%, But I "want" a 23% raise. When did you earn your "soothsayer" license ? When you get a chance, Could you list the winning lottery numbers for tomorrow ?

USA320Pilot If any employee does not like the deeper cuts than they should complain to their union who created this problem.

It was management who put us in this situation. DELTED

USA320Pilot, you are acting like a Child. Not like a Captain!!!!!!!!
Glad I'm not seated behind you in any type of crisis. :p

USA320Pilot said:

See Story

During bankruptcy airlines always suffer from passengers "booking away" and increased costs associated with a "judicial restructuring".

WELL NOW WOULD BE A GREAT TIME FOR THE BAMA GANG TO JUMP IN AND OFFSET THE INCREASED COSTS WITH SOME OF THEIR SALARY.

If any employee does not like the deeper cuts than they should complain to their union who created this problem. Management and ALPA's advisors were up front and told employees cuts would be deeper in bankruptcy.

YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND. THE UNIONS CANNOT NEGOTIATE WITH A CREW THAT SHOWS UP AND SAYS THIS IS IT......TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.

yeah,just wait...i hear management is going to do an end around on their portion of the 23%.
already hearing the mantra "we need to keep quality people".....
they petition the court to halt our pensions yet in the same stroke petition to maintain theirs.
in my opinion we are all in bankruptcy,not just labor. <_<

Management and Exec's have always protected and buffered themselves. With the potential merge with UA, managers received "retention" bonus to stay on board and not leave, during the last BK, managers again received payments to "continue" their services with US, and Im sure this BK 2.0 will be no different. They're all a different breed and protect themselves at any cost to others. After all, where could we find such talent if they left ship???? They are all "Legends in their own minds".

PITbull,

It is refreshing that you can put things into such clear terms that most anyone can understand. (Not that a clear argument will necessarily receive the acknowledgement of the headstrong. You know a trait of a leader is one who can make a decision and stick with it at all cost. The trait of a good leader is one who makes a good decision and sticks with it.)

Unfortunately some people will likely never get it. But I appreciate your patient condescension.

Respectfully,

Phoenix

AP Tech said:
You forget he was able to hold the "proxy" vote once as we were told over and over for the ELECTED LGA Rep. :p

I believe majority still rules in this country!!!!! :up:
[post="185399"][/post]​

Well actually, NO IT DOESN'T. This country is a republic, not a democracy (remember the 2000 election?)

PITbull said:
USA320,

You and your ALPA advisors sanction blackmail, and extortion from these types managements. Steal the regional pilots money, and then never look at those employees again.

Shame on ALPA International who call themselves a union, deceitfully organizes employees into believing they are securing a future, a profession, and then steals the employees money in dues dollars for that kind of representation ....

"oh, please, please, don't hurt me, I will agree, I will agree, oh please don't make it worse"....

DELETED

THIS MANAGEMENT HAS RUINED USAIRWAYS; NOT LABOR!
[post="185392"][/post]​

Oh PitBull, please!! As if You and your crew have done such a stellar job of proteting the junior flight attendants! As one of those junior folks, I work day in and day out with those "wonderful - hardworking folks" who call in sick everytime they can't commute, are simply rude to passengers, and couldn't figure out how to wear a uniform in compliance if a 50% pay raise depended on it.

If you believe in your flight attendants - why not suggest furloughing out of seniority order - rewarding the flight attendants who come to work, don't have a novel of complaints, and really want to be here?