DAVE'S LETTER

Hey Fluffy,, Relax big fella, you're entirely too stressed out. Hey, I gotta a joke for ya, .....What's the difference between a pilot and a jet engine ??? ANSWER: The engine quits WHINING at the gate...

Fluf, You better keep that wal-mart application for yourself.Maybe,you and Chip can pass out the smiley stickers !!!

See ya on midnight shift at Wal-Mart...I went on the Wal-Mart site for you guys seeking employment and it said you needed a college education...sorry!

Flufdriver
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, your a friendly chap old boy.

I personally am not a wrench turner, A&P and more yes, and I am certainly not full of the bitterness as you seem to be. I am just stating facts, which is this airline is simply in too weak of a position to out source work or hire replacements. The remaining mechanics would be so scared for their well being they would be unless. I grew up in a strong labor town called Pittsburgh, my Grandfather help start the well known teamsters local 249 and I know what real labor unrest is! It's ugly. This company will not survive if it turns bad. You can say this this and that, but here is what will actually happen. Either the IAM membership will accept by a narrow margin, or reject. Or, Dave, at the last second throws a bone to the membership so it will pass for sure. My position is well known, but I also see the reality of what’s happening around me. Without the mechanics on board, I can’t see a future for U. Don’t like it at all, but fact is fact.

PEACE

The dangerous part about this situation is that US Airways is at the point where Eastern was at, in that many employees simply don't care if the company fails. They aren't willing to give one inch. That doesn't bode well. If the IAM votes down the proposal once again, strap yourselves in because the ride will get a whole lot bumpier.

Hope777:

Hope777 asked: Maybe you can explain to me why most pilots still don't follow company policy and shut down the #2 engine at the gate. They still wait until the jetway is pulled up, then they shut down #2. Oh wait I can answer that, if the cargo door is opened they don't get the big bucks.

Chip answers: Hope, I cannot speak on this issue except for myself. Our crew operates the aircraft in the most efficent way possible to lower operating cost. In addition, due to Airbus Pack problems the Fleet Captain has directed the APU will operate after each flight except termination.

Chip, maybe for an Airbii yes, but sit in any station and watch your fellow pilots MILK any additional cash they can get. If you wish to debate FACTS, then lets do so.

I received my letter from Dave yesterday. I wrote no on the front and retured it to the post office where they promptly stamped refused, return to sender on it. Today we were privileged to have a guest speaker at the start of the shift(our manager) explaining why we had to vote yes. So far no word from the IAM. Myself along with many others still say let the courts decide.....VOTE NO!!!!!!!