Deal Completed By Next Week?

This is the plan..
First U/HP merger ..because it will be called usairways I assume they will still be part of star

.then they make ual go into ch 7
and they pick up ORD/IAD international and west coast gates and routes as they need

I think it's a new world re: anti-trust. U+HP+UA- some freed up gates/slots at the hubs/focus cities would not bother DOT/J.

Especially, if the combined entity pulled back at LAS, LAX, and some combo of PHL/DCA/IAD.

RowUnderDCA said:
I think it's a new world re: anti-trust. U+HP+UA- some freed up gates/slots at the hubs/focus cities would not bother DOT/J.

Especially, if the combined entity pulled back at LAS, LAX, and some combo of PHL/DCA/IAD.
[post="267780"][/post]​

With the state of the industry they would have a very good argument to keep it intact to preserve some of the revenue especially if more consolidation takes place. Now, knowing that is dreamland, they should be careful what they would give up just to get approval. One thing is for sure. What would've thought impossible a year ago is very much possible in todays environment.

UAL CH7 is right around the corner with the strike talk and such. Maybe the want the unions to drag them into CH7, then madders mad idea might just come to.

Whyy is PIT mentioned...? Simple, mention a couple of canidates for relocation, and let them make theri best offers, and then go where you wanted to go anyways, just cheaper.

Isn't all this talk of adding UA to the US-HP merger a bit premature... You know, putting the cart in front of the horse. The US-HP merger, which seems likely at this point, is not yet confirmed. And UA's fate has yet to be determined...

And it would likely be very difficult for a still merging US-HP to acquire much more of anything. Conventional wisdom seems to suggest that the US-HP merger itself will be difficult enough without adding UAL assets to the mix.

Also, I tend to think that UAL employees won't strike themselves out of jobs... (I tend to think that, but it has happened before in the airline industry...)

Bubbleboy... Be very careful making statements like that. Many a mighty have fallen and many more will fall in the future. Don't think just because you have a "LUV" sign on your a/c eliminates your company from the same fate that has befallen others.

Funguy2:

The entire industry is in flux and what is true today could be different tomorrow, but I agree with your last post.

Separately, the Wall Street Journal reported today "an appeals court dealt a blow to United, ruling repossessions of 14 jets could proceed unless the airline made full rental payments".

"Apparently United has interim lease agreements with mutliple investors who own 175 of the planes it leased, and last year it tried to reach a global settlement with the group. The airline's creditors committee objected to the interim deal, claiming the aircraft investors had extracted rich terms and the promise of stock in the reorganized company. Since then, the dispute has become mired in multiple courts, aircraft-rental values have risen, due in part to growing overseas demand, and some investors being paid low rates by United are growing impatient -- hence their demand last year for the return of 14 of the planes unless the airlien agreed to pay more." the WSJ said.

United had today's pre-trail hearing and tomorrow it has the pension termination hearing. In addition, ALPA has objected to the PBGC-United deal because it violates the pilots contract. If my memory serves me correctly, the United-ALAP agreement calls for the government to take over the mension funds in May, but the PBGC-United agreement says the government agency will take over the funds in December. The difference is about $140 million in benefits.

Then you have the United AFA S.1113(e) filing, the S.1113© trial against the IAM, AFA, & AMFA that begins on Wednesday, and tomorrow's pension termination hearing tomorrow against the IAM, AFA, & AMFA.

The IAM and AMFA have said they will stirke and the AFA will conduct CHAOS if their pensions are terminated or the contracts cancelled. Will it happen? Probably not, but it takes only one union to make the whole airline blow up, not to mention passengers booking away from the company and the appelate court aircraft lease ruling.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Quote Funguy2
Also, I tend to think that UAL employees won't strike themselves out of jobs... (I tend to think that, but it has happened before in the airline industry...)

Funguy are you implying Eastern employees struck themselves out of a job? I'm not putting words in your mouth I'm just asking.

Eastern didn't liquidate until a year and half after the strike.

And that is because Lorenzo sold off all the assets, funneled them to CO, and left Eastern's carcus. I believe he had that planned from day 1.

I my mind's eye, the employees did the right thing. We will live to regret our decisions. I do every day.

us0004us said:
pit , yes , why tease pit? but why mention phl and clt too?

why not keep everything in the hdq at  tempe?
[post="267635"][/post]​

Because U's operations headquarters is already in PIT-always has been.

jack mama said:
UAL CH7 is right around the corner with the strike talk and such. Maybe the want the unions to drag them into CH7, then madders mad idea might just come to.
[post="267792"][/post]​
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes, except the part about US/HP taking over UA/BK-7 International routes !!

If UA goes BK-7, EVERYBODY in the world KNOWS were the UA pacific routes will wind up.

I'll give you a hint. The company is HDQ'd in a very large state, with a lot of cows, and oil. (But It's not WN, or CO) and (they use to have a "crazy genious" running the place, who went by the nick name, "UNCLE BOBBY" !!!

NH/BB's

Latest posts

Back