Death Threats against rivals

Outside of their philanthropy, his (their) goal is *always* to advance their political agenda, regardless of who they're speaking to.

Well that's fine by me. You don't see me ranting about Soros on here do you? Same thing. If more people exercised their rights to speak out we wouldn't be stuck hearing from dolts like Koch & Soros and the rest of the Crony Capitalist crowd.

Wake up, Wise up and Rise Up! Why do you think all of the sudden the powerful are trying to regulate the Internet? Trust ne it has little if nothing to do with piracy of music. Check out what's going on in Iran leading up to their elections? "Funny" things are happening like all of the sudden, Hotmail, gmail and Yahoo dont work. VPN's don't work.

Article

Iran government cuts off internet access as hardline regime makes a stand

By John Hutchinson

Holds all the cards: It seems a crackdown on cyber-opponents of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has taken place after the internet outage in Iran

Holds all the cards: It seems a crackdown on cyber-opponents of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has taken place after the internet outage in Iran

Iran has demonstrated further evidence of its strict regime after the government cut internet links leaving millions without email and social networks.

Interestingly, the shutdown comes at a time when inhabitants are preparing to celebrate the 33rd anniversary of the Islamic Revolution, with rumours of anti-government protests also planned.

But some internet boffins are rising above the crackdown, and accessing the web by using proxy servers over VPN connections.

Gmail, Google and Yahoo are all thought to have been restricted, and users have been unable to log in to their online banking.

Read more

Anyone ever stop to think that all of this Saber Rattling by Iran is NOT designed to threaten the US or Israel as much as it is to maintain thier regimes power?

Given the above, all of which is public record I tend to think the article was accurate. The death threat has been a Progressive tactic dating back to the WV Coal Field Wars of the early 1920's. he more recent history of organized labor shows us that fear and intimidation is the primary tool used to keep the rank and file in line.

If you are going to mention a historical even like the West Virginia Coal Mine Wars then you should tell the whole story and not cherry pick.

http://www.wvculture.org/history/minewars.html

If you are going to mention a historical even like the West Virginia Coal Mine Wars then you should tell the whole story and not cherry pick.

http://www.wvculture.org/history/minewars.html

WOW! I'm impressed! Someone can use Google. I forgot more of the "whole" story then you'll ever know. My involvement in traditional music has taken me to Matewan, Blair Mountain & several other sites. It wasn't just another John Sayles movie to me.

As to the other side, let's talk about the Jablonski murders where W.A. "Tony" Boyle long time President of the UMW of A was tried and convicted for the three murders. Let's talk about how Tony Boyle and his comrade looted the pension fund which led to a miner I know personally getting a pension of $19/mo. I worked with the Great, Great Granddaughter of Sheriff Sid Hatfield who shot it out with the Baldwins in Matewan. Do you even know what a "Baldwin" is? Ever been recruited to be a strike Breaker? I was! Way back in 1974 they were paying $512/wk for men to load coal and break a strike at the Brookside Mine in KY. I was 20 and that was a lot of money and I declined the job.

Union like company intimidation is a way of life in many industries, get over it.

Congratulations, you know how to use Google.

All of the above was from direct experience and oral history. Do you know who Hazel Dickens is? Well most of what I posted was from Hazel. She wrote a song about the Jablonski murders in PA. I was befriended by the Lilly Brothers & Don Stover, musicians who are now in the Bluegrass Hall of Honor.

Did you know the term "Redneck" comes from the Battle of Blair Mountain. Do you even know about it? Do you know the Coal Operators are this very year seeking permits to "Top" the Mountain, Know what "Topping" is without looking?

Do you know what the phrase "Baldwin" refers to?

Did you know the coal companies put 13 bullets into Sid Hatfield on the steps of the McDowell county courthouse? Know the name of the guy who shot him between the eyes? Do you know if anyone was ever tried or conbicted for the Murder of Sid Hatfield.

When you know what the meaning is behind the song "That 25 cent that you paid us" then you can insult me. You don't find this stuff on google much, it's mostly oral history

Yes, we all know you are the expert in everything.

Nope I know a lot about a little and a little about a lot. This falls into the first category. Over the years I've made quite a few friends in the Coal Fields.

Nope I know a lot about a little and a little about a lot. This falls into the first category. Over the years I've made quite a few friends in the Coal Fields.
The days you wax poetic about were not so romantic as you are remembering today.

They do not exist any longer and they have not for a long time. Snap out of it.

The days you wax poetic about were not so romantic as you are remembering today.

They do not exist any longer and they have not for a long time. Snap out of it.

No they were horrible! Sarah Ogan Gunning lost her husband to Black Lung at 32 and had 2 babies starve to death in the coalfields of Kentucky. The phrase "Mop & Broom Brigade" came from the coalfields. It refers to the efforts of Mother Jones to get women involved in the struggle. She organized the wives of striking miners and they would go to the coal camp with their household utensils and make enough noise to scare off the mules so no coal got loaded that day.

When the Baldwin's started shooting strikers it was the women and children who stood in front of the men defying the Baldwin's to shoot them which by all accounts they never did,

When I see the image of the armed striking miners marching with red bandanas to the battle of Blair Mountain where a local reporter referred to them as "Rednecks" it's makes me proud as they fought for Liberty too! Economic Liberty. All of us owe the Appalachian Coal miner a debt of gratitude for their sacrifices in the name of economic Liberty. We owe our standard of living to them.

Latest posts

Back