Delta announces 5% raises for April 1.

Customer Service and Ramp, $333.00 🤔

246C428B-C611-433F-B604-66E07A3ACE50.jpeg

oh ye, of little faith.

delta is being a bit disingenuous about aa's 2022 profit sharing and in particular, the assoc.'s contractual deal with the company.

guys at work with college degrees, living in $500k houses, believing the company will bullshit the SEC and risk investor upheaval, risk fines and jail time, to **** assoc. members on profit sharing.

you can't make this stuff up.

some don't deserve the money because they are painfully stupid, others, lazier than ****.

aa has (at current, 3 out of 4 quarters) $180 million set aside for 30,000 members. delta, had some $540 million set aside for 90,000 employees? do the math.

oh ye, of little faith.

delta is being a bit disingenuous about aa's 2022 profit sharing and in particular, the assoc.'s contractual deal with the company.

guys at work with college degrees, living in $500k houses, believing the company will bullshit the SEC and risk investor upheaval, risk fines and jail time, to **** assoc. members on profit sharing.

you can't make this stuff up.

some don't deserve the money because they are painfully stupid, others, lazier than ****.

aa has (at current, 3 out of 4 quarters) $180 million set aside for 30,000 members. delta, had some $540 million set aside for 90,000 employees? do the math.

From 2013 when we only had a 5% pool. What we don’t know is the total populations eligible earnings?

DD83F007-C6EE-4CDA-BDAE-E46917A8CF8B.jpeg

But even with this formula alone which is showing only $25 Million and the payout to a person earning $50,000 at $357 proves Delta is really lowballing the hell out of their predictions. We’ll see though?

Last edited:
I would not be at all surprised if Delta is basing their calculations leaving in the $1.6 Billion loss from the 1st quarter of 2022 that AA is not counting for our payout.

So Kev the other day when I said Delta would make it up to you. That really wasn’t meant as a swipe but here it is already.

I think you’re a Lead?

So your BASE is $38.79 on April 1. Yes I know to minus 3 months from these numbers but for the sake of just making a formula I’ll calculate a full year.

$38.79 x 2080 = $80,683
Now on top of that to just be conservative add $5000 for Holiday Pay, $5000 for 401K Contribution/Match and $3500 to your PS and you finish off with around $93,500. And on top of that I’m sure you’ll work enough OT to bring it up over $100,000. And like I mentioned you have a 10 1/2 year payscale which is the lowest in the Industry. And 44 Stations.

This is absolutely a question that people are going to ask and it can’t be brushed off as far as having a good answer, “What can the IAM or any Union do to improve that for me”?

My answer of course is making sure that’s secured in writing ✍️ with a Contract but again after what we saw at JetBlue people might not be buying it? Don’t misconstrue that I’m turning against unionization which will never happen but you guys on the ground need to come up with the right (best) game plan.

So Kev the other day when I said Delta would make it up to you. That really wasn’t meant as a swipe but here it is already.

I think you’re a Lead?

So your BASE is $38.79 on April 1. Yes I know to minus 3 months from these numbers but for the sake of just making a formula I’ll calculate a full year.

$38.79 x 2080 = $80,683
Now on top of that to just be conservative add $5000 for Holiday Pay, $5000 for 401K Contribution/Match and $3500 to your PS and you finish off with around $93,500. And on top of that I’m sure you’ll work enough OT to bring it up over $100,000. And like I mentioned you have a 10 1/2 year payscale which is the lowest in the Industry. And 44 Stations.

This is absolutely a question that people are going to ask and it can’t be brushed off as far as having a good answer, “What can the IAM or any Union do to improve that for me”?

My answer of course is making sure that’s secured in writing ✍️ with a Contract but again after what we saw at JetBlue people might not be buying it? Don’t misconstrue that I’m turning against unionization which will never happen but you guys on the ground need to come up with the right (best) game plan.
I turned in my radio awhile ago. I’m in a “specialty” position now, but split my time between there and the ramp.

Very little OT for me. Without looking, I’d be surprised if I clear 30 hours of it last year? I usually work on T-day (on purpose), but try and float the other holidays. Anymore, I’d rather have the time off instead of $$$.

100% agree about the right game plan. Upper Marlboro has their own ideas about what’s best for us. Scoreboard says otherwise. Right now, it’s like Groudhog Day. Disappointing but not surprising. We’ll see how it goes.

I turned in my radio awhile ago. I’m in a “specialty” position now, but split my time between there and the ramp.

Very little OT for me. Without looking, I’d be surprised if I clear 30 hours of it last year? I usually work on T-day (on purpose), but try and float the other holidays. Anymore, I’d rather have the time off instead of $$$.

100% agree about the right game plan. Upper Marlboro has their own ideas about what’s best for us. Scoreboard says otherwise. Right now, it’s like Groudhog Day. Disappointing but not surprising. We’ll see how it goes.

I don’t think “you” need a Union. I think “you’re” doing just fine without one. Sounds to me as if where you work you’re taken fantastic care of. “Specialty position”

We don’t have any “Specialty positions” in my Station. For Ramp workers (non management) we have Line, Bagroom and Operations.

I also still think you really don’t want a Union since I can’t recall you just coming right out and saying that you do?

We don’t have any “Specialty positions” in my Station. For Ramp workers (non management) we have Line, Bagroom and Operations.
That's all we have too. I didn't make up the term; DL did.

Operations & Load Planning just happen to fall under that umbrella, along with Move Crew, Tower, and a few other positions.

Operations & Load Planning just happen to fall under that umbrella, along with Move Crew, Tower, and a few other positions.

Ok so you’re in Ops then. We have 3 (5 total) positions just opened up. Only 2 people in my Station want to be in there. We just got the E Mail yesterday if anyone was interested in stepping in (In House) after that we have 8 FT coming in and first it will be offered to the Senior person on down and after that (The likeliest scenario) the bottom 3 transfers will be forced in.

I’ve had a few people ask me to go in. It’s not that it wouldn’t be nice to stop doing physical work but you kinda get stuck in there. And if someone calls in sick you’re (semi) Mando’d until someone can relieve you. Also I’d lose my weekends off which I don’t think I’m ready to do just yet.

Also the position doesn’t pay any extra contractually since it’s Ops and not full Tower.

This should have included Operations as well. If I’m reading this correctly Delta excluded the position from the extra $2.00?

Can someone also get the Lead stipend on top of the Specialty Agent stipend or are they separate?

If an Agent is qualified and in one of those spots bidded and picks up a swap to work for a Lead also being qualified in that task will they get paid for both?

80B61352-2199-46E2-8DB0-8A8805EDA7B2.jpeg

I would not be at all surprised if Delta is basing their calculations leaving in the $1.6 Billion loss from the 1st quarter of 2022 that AA is not counting for our payout.

i'm sure they know better than that.

they made their nice poster with the caveat: 'based on what we know as of feb 1, 2022'.

they aren't lying, but then again, aren't going to argue against themselves by trying to pin-point assoc. members profit sharing - which i believe, will be a higher percentage than delta's payout.

This should have included Operations as well.
It does.
Can someone also get the Lead stipend on top of the Specialty Agent stipend or are they separate?
No, it's one or the other.
If an Agent is qualified and in one of those spots bidded and picks up a swap to work for a Lead also being qualified in that task will they get paid for both?

View attachment 17286
Same as above; it's one or the other. A lead agent swapping to work for an Ops agent would just get their regular override.

Note: In hubs and a couple of larger cities, this trade wouldn't be possible as Ops is handled by Tower agents, and in the Delta world, they're in a different department.

Last edited:
It does.

No, it's one or the other.

Same as above; it's one or the other. A lead agent swapping to work for an Ops agent would just get their regular override.

Note: In hubs and a couple of larger cities, this trade wouldn't be possible as Ops is handled by Tower agents, and in the Delta world, they're in a different department.

Thanks for the clarification. And congratulations to you personally. So you’re getting both a 5% raise and the $2.00 stipend. I’m also “assuming” if someone is Ops qualified but not bidded in to the position if they’re needed in the room or working a Swap they will also get the $2.00 while working the job. Same as acting Leads.

Definitely will solve a problem as I’ve said if that extends eventually over to us. Going to be interesting seeing the reaction of the bottom 3 transfers when they’re told they’re being forced into Ops in my Station.