Delta intends to acquire more shares of Aeroméxico

It shouldn't be a surprise. Last week I was hinting at it in the merger thread over in the WN forum.

Heard some suggested names for the merged company if it happens...DelTaco and Deltexico, although a friend rightly pointed out that one was already taken and the other sounds like a gas station (they *do* own a refinery...).

Just curious...anyone know if there is a restriction in Mexican law regarding percentage of foreign ownership of Mexican corporations?  49% while technically not a majority of Aeromexico's stock is an awful big chunk.  DL would not be minority owner to ignore.

It's an interesting approach that DL is taking.
VS takes care of LHR flying
DL AMS (if it gets off the ground) will take care of any Europe flying that AF/KL can't handle
AM has the USA-Mexico market covered

If I wanted to be a j@ckass, one could say that this is par for the course given that Anderson apprenticed with Frank Lorenzo.  The way things are going in 5-10 years DL will be back to ATL only. Again.   :p

On a lighter note:  what do you call a Mexican flying a plane from MEX to ATL?
A pilot, you racist.
:D

jimntx said:
 49% while technically not a majority of Aeromexico's stock is an awful big chunk.  DL would not be minority owner to ignore.

Is there a Mexican version of D.Trump?  Somebody should complain about all these foreigners coming in and taking over.

As for ceilings on equity participation, the following sectors remain affected:
• Transport (land transportation): The Mexican government allows up to 49 % foreign ownership of 50-year concessions to operate parts of the railroad system, renewable for a second 50-year period. The Mexican Foreign Investment Commission and COFECO must approve ownership above 49 %. Also foreign express delivery service companies continue to complain that the Mexican legislation unfairly favours Mexican companies by restricting the size of trucks international carriers are allowed to use.
• Air passenger transport:
Foreign ownership of Mexican airlines remains capped at 25 % and foreign ownership of airports is limited to 49 %.

This information was last checked in July of this year.

http://madb.europa.eu/madb/barriers_details.htm?barrier_id=960156&version=5

Its probably how most countries are, you can own 49% of the airline, but only own 25% of the voting stock.

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:
DL AMS (if it gets off the ground) will take care of any Europe flying that AF/KL can't handle

If I wanted to be a j@ckass, one could say that this is par for the course given that Anderson apprenticed with Frank Lorenzo.  The way things are going in 5-10 years DL will be back to ATL only. Again.   :p

A pilot, you racist.

Excellent points  'Frugal...............about Lorenzo, ANDERSON, and  ...'Back in Atlanta AGAIN, ONLY'  !!

I've said it for eons, that Del - DUH is "mainly"...... an 'East of the Mississippi' airline  (1) (2),........ with the lone exception of SLC.

( 1. )  MSP sit's exactly On the mississippi.
( 2. )  DL is presently building up SEA.

DL reminds me somewhat of America's class 1 Railroads, with UP and BNSF both being  $17B operations, while CSX and NS are $10B operations  'East of the mighty Mississippi'.
Not easy sometimes being  " # 3 "   !

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
Is this a half-assed way to become a  'player' in LAX and South America ( via Mexico) ?

When one is in Last Place in the Legacy Line,....one has No Choice but to get very innovative !
ugh. Still don't know what you are talking about eh? 

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:

A pilot, you racist.
lol. 

700UW said:
Its probably how most countries are, you can own 49% of the airline, but only own 25% of the voting stock.
betting this is how it goes. 

Latest posts

Back