Delta kicked 50 passengers off flight

I am curious if Fla charted the aircraft from DL or Exp Jet.... Gators have 12 away games, not sure if they would charter an aircraft for all of those games, some are intrastate some are a few states over and a couple are long distance... With the possibility of picking up say 6 or 7 charters, is that enough to piss off 55 people?

no, they are a contractor with whom DL has a marketing agreement.

remember, contractors don't get the same pay and benefits. You've said that many times now, let's not go changing the story now.

(yawn)

Yeah, okay. :rolleyes:

Users here can be as pedantic as they want, but let's remember that it's not very likely that the affected passengers will tell a story about how "Expressjet, a business partner of Delta Air Lines" f'd them over. They'll just say "Delta," like the cited artcile does...

Kev ..that was my point. Only a Story if the Major airline is in the subject line. That charter was more then likely out of DL 's control. It was handed off to expressjet because of the size of the charter and the need to go direct.(their request I'm sure)Expressjet is the old Asa ..the worst connection carrier in the DL stable.

Actually ExpressJet isnt the old ASA, they were around and have been around, they use to be CO's express carrier and they were sold.

SkyWest Inc. and ExpressJet Holdings Inc. announced Wednesday that SkyWest will buy ExpressJet for $6.75 a share, or about $133 million. The official buyer is Atlantic Southeast Airlines Inc., a SkyWest subsidiary.

Could we have a program to tell the players, please?

Let’s trace the lineage of all this.

A. ExpressJet was originally Continental Express, Continental Airlines’ regional carrier. Continental combined a number of small regional airlines to create Continental Express, including Royale Airways of Houston, Pioneer Airlines of Denver, bought in 1953; and Mid Pacific Air .

Continental renamed its ExpressJet and decided to spin it off as a public company. In April 2002, ExpressJet had an initial public offering and sold 10 million shares of its stock, raising $160 million. Continental sold 20 million shares of ExpressJet stock for $300 million.

After the IPO, Continental retained 53.1 percent ownership in ExpressJet. It reduced that to 30.8 percent as of Dec. 31, 2004; and 8.6 percent as of Dec. 31, 2005.

Continental recorded a gain of $173 million in 2002 and $98 million in 2005 from disposing of ExpressJet stock. It also booked a $130 million contribution of ExpressJet stock to its pension fund.
B. Atlantic Southeast was an independent regional carrier that began flying in 1979 and had its IPO in 1982. In 1984, it became the first Delta Connection carrier for Delta Air Lines.

In 1986, Delta bought about a 20 percent share in ASA for about $38 million, which would value the entire airline at about $190 million.

In 1999, Delta purchased the rest of ASA for about $700 million.

Then in 2005, Delta sold ASA to SkyWest for $425 million.

metopower said:
Kev ..that was my point. Only a Story if the Major airline is in the subject line. That charter was more then likely out of DL 's control. It was handed off to expressjet because of the size of the charter and the need to go direct.(their request I'm sure)Expressjet is the old Asa ..the worst connection carrier in the DL stable.

I hear ya, and I'm sure the actual decision making was in the hands of EV's SOC.

Not for nothing, EV's been handling quite a few lately- at least that I've seen...

As for your assessment of them?  Let's just say they never seem to run out of new ways to surprise me...

Actually ExpressJet isnt the old ASA, they were around and have been around, they use to be CO's express carrier and they were sold.
stop being pedantic, son.

they are all the same except only some of them are called Atlanta's Sorriest Airline.

I am not your son, and dont tell me what to do, I was stating a fact, something you dont know about.

Gee you would think a man of the cloth wouldnt be so arrogant and insulting, guess you dont follow the bible and its teachings.

I can assure you that you are not my son and you aren't cut out of any cloth I would want anything to do with.

You're being pedantic - just like Kev. And since you accuse others of it, that also makes you a hypocrite.

What kind of value system do you have that entitles you to hold someone else to a higher standard so you can live as wretchedly as you want?

WorldTraveler said:
stop being pedantic, son.

they are all the same except only some of them are called Atlanta's Sorriest Airline.

700UW said:
I am not your son, and dont tell me what to do, I was stating a fact, something you dont know about.

Gee you would think a man of the cloth wouldnt be so arrogant and insulting, guess you dont follow the bible and its teachings.

WorldTraveler said:
I can assure you that you are not my son and you aren't cut out of any cloth I would want anything to do with.
Your words not mine.

WWJD?

well let's see.. He was pretty hard on hypocrites, He overturned the tables of those who were making a mockery of the Temple, and then he forgave those who sinned against Him.

I've been struggling for quite some time to get some people on here to be willing to admit they are wrong and ask for forgiveness. Not many takers.... but I do it anyway.

Back