Delta Pares Ghana Flights by 20% on Decline in African Demand

Read slowly:  it was stated the DL lost $ except for 2007, 2012, 2013 and thus far in 2014 (i.e. still profitable in 2014).
FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:
As has been pointed out to you previously, in the Atlantic region DL suffered losses except for 2007, 2012, 2013 and currently in 2014.  Here is the link to the post by FWAA in a different topic:   http://www.airlineforums.com/topic/57885-rumor-has-it-dl-phl-lhr/?p=1133802
WorldTraveler said:
no, DL did not suffer losses in the TATL region in 2014.

everything else is wrong because you started with wrong data... garbage in, garbage out.

As for your garbage in, garbage out comment:  look in the mirror, pal.

Reactions: 1 person
ok... the except for does matter.

now tell me how long AA, UA, or US have been profitable over the Atlantic? none have been profitable for a whole year.

as much as you find it difficult to accept, DL's profitability on the Atlantic is unmatched by any of its US competitors and probably not in Europe either.

I don't have a problem whether DL (or any other carrier) is making money hand-over-fist or losing their shirt.
But man, chill out a go a little easy on the DL rules the world spin.

Getting back to the topic:  I think it is a smart move for DL (and other carriers) to cut service to Ebola virus-infected regions of Africa.  I'm a little surprised that DL hasn't totally left the market, at least temporarily.  IMHO the potential for negative publicity that could result if an individual got aboard a DL flight (or any other carrier for that matter) is just not worth it.

Reactions: 1 person
My mistake. But it's in the same neighborhood, and definitely a bystander that is getting hurt by the Ebola problems in the region.

I think for the most part DL and many other carriers underestimate the Ebola danger.  Past outbreaks there were usually dozens-to-hundreds of people infected, compared to over 17000 now (close to 7000 dead).

and Africa has nowhere near the healthcare infrastructure that the US or Europe has.

How many people have actually died of Ebola outside Africa? not many.

I pity the people in Africa and pray that there will be good people who are willing to go help them. that is how many of the cases in the US were infected.

Ebola is far less than of a threat to global health and the airline industry than some of the respiratory diseases that originated in Asia.

Latest posts