Delta Pilots offered pay raises

SWAMECH

Veteran
Apr 26, 2005
Will Delta Pilots set the standard once again? Pilots looking at 30% plus raises over 3 years.

It's coming very soon, and Delta will once again be the first in offering their groups major raises just before all the other airlines so that all the other airlines will have an amount to out beat. Then in the end of all airline raises Delta will be the lowest cost, but was the very first to start the raises and smoothing everything over with their employees first. I would expect Delta will also follow thru with all the other groups or, as normally put all other employees other than pilots will get raises as well by April once again being first while all other airlines follow suit in out paying over Delta's raises and offers.

It's coming very soon, and Delta will once again be the first in offering their groups major raises just before all the other airlines so that all the other airlines will have an amount to out beat. Then in the end of all airline raises Delta will be the lowest cost, but was the very first to start the raises and smoothing everything over with their employees first. I would expect Delta will also follow thru with all the other groups or, as normally put all other employees other than pilots will get raises as well by April once again being first while all other airlines follow suit in out paying over Delta's raises and offers.

Are you cheerleading for the non union Company against all the Unionized ones? Oh wait a minute you belong to AMFA. That explains it.

Carry on.

Time'll tell.
Usually, they roll out just enough to brag about being "industry-leading." This time they'll also have an AFA campaign with a lot of momentum on the property and another one for ground workers just gaining steam.
They've also managed to tick off quite a few people by banning employees from SkyClubs and doling out lower-than-expected profit-sharing checks. Historically, they've thrown cash at all of those to quiet them down. Will it work in 2023? Who knows?

Time'll tell.
Usually, they roll out just enough to brag about being "industry-leading." This time they'll also have an AFA campaign with a lot of momentum on the property and another one for ground workers just gaining steam.
They've also managed to tick off quite a few people by banning employees from SkyClubs and doling out lower-than-expected profit-sharing checks. Historically, they've thrown cash at all of those to quiet them down. Will it work in 2023? Who knows?

Actually coming out of the gate this time your Ramp Team seems to be on fire. Even more enthusiastic than in years past from what I’m seeing. It’s actually the AFA campaign that has slowed their momentum.

Time'll tell.
Seems to be still working with the Mechanics group. Might be a good time for them to fire up a campaign and watch how restless the co gets with 3 groups strongly looking to get represented, that could very well seal that the co would throw out an offer before springtime for sure. I do wish your two groups organizing now good luck on their efforts, just would like to see the Mechanics do the same and get unionized finally. Thx for the update Kev, keep us posted pls.

… just would like to see the Mechanics do the same and get unionized finally. Thx for the update Kev, keep us posted pls.
No problem! And the Teamsters are looking to organize Tech Ops at DL as part of a four-pronged approach (IAM for ramp, TWU for above wing, AFA for flight attendants & INT for mechanics). I haven’t heard much about how it’s going, though.

No problem! And the Teamsters are looking to organize Tech Ops at DL as part of a four-pronged approach (IAM for ramp, TWU for above wing, AFA for flight attendants & INT for mechanics). I haven’t heard much about how it’s going, though.

There is no drive currently “by” the TWU for above the wing. They have been informed that they have to start showing their own effort and momentum first if they are interested. Your AW coworkers seem to be hoping for others to come in and do all the work for them.

Oh my! Fair warning Kev, the Mechanics will NOT be happy with the teamsters. I know this from first hand experience with them representing us for 30 years and they do nothing to fight grievances, and they farm out almost all the maint. and they always agree to go with international outsourcing. Don't really care what union they choose, but man the teamsters are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to the 4 industrial unions to pick from. twu is the next worse one, then IAM. I would think the Delta Mechanics would want to go with their own private Mechanics Union for representation, kinda like the AA Mechanics were looking at doing a while back. Most don't want to take on the challenges of starting up a brand new and fresh private representational union which is why most would go with a Class and Craft style union first, and then make a decision on going private. Also, most all private unions mirror AMFA's constitution, so why not start with AMFA Representation and feel it all out.
Please, Kev, have the Mechanics reconsider the teamsters, look how many other airlines have fired them OR is in the process of removing them now (UAL) why get a truckers, bakers, railroad style union to represent Aircraft Mechanics? Just doesn't make any sense.

Delta Pilots happy with latest contract offer and will again start the industry off with a new bar to be reached.
I said a little while back that this will happen, and now the rest of the airline Pilots will play catch up and gain even higher wages and Delta will fall back to the least labor cost once again, all the while earning the bragging rights to be the first to take care of the employees. I still expect to hear another boost in other employees compensations coming soon. Isn't it around V-Day or at least by April Kev.?
Congrats to all the Pilots for overwhelmingly voting in the new contract, enjoy your new raises coming (34%) 18 up front and 5-4-4 on outgoing years.