Delta supports illegal immigration-Boycott Delta...

Status
Not open for further replies.
increased legal immigration pushes down wages for everyone; to argue that DL is seeking a benefit more than for any other workgroup is ridiculous.

further, it is exactly the strategy that both the EU and Canada have used to grow their economies. Canada has one of the most progressive immigration policies of any western country and they have a new generation of people who are securing public finances thru new tax revenues - and guess what - AC has a disproportionately sized network to Asia for a country that is a fraction of the size of the US.

LEGAL immigration is good for the economy and business including airlines.

the VERY TRICKY question is how to get from where we are today to where we should be is for the politicians to figure out.

To argue that DL is interested in anything less than the same economic and marketplace successes that have worked in other parts of the world is just ridiculous.

WorldTraveler said:
once again, it's an argument of "how weak we are and they will get us" vs. "DL is excited about the potential to increase its revenues"

given that DL employees are higher compensated than their peers at all but WN on average and have seen larger pay raises and more of them than any other airline employees, it is really hard for you to argue with any kind of straight face that DL is out to get you....

meanwhile, DL leads the US industry in revenue generation and DL has the highest yield among large US carriers....

it's pretty obvious what this is really about - increasing DL's revenues.
read what i said genius 
 I said VENDOR costs. 

DGS etc. 

again, its real cute that you think people who A) don't work B) work illegally are going to bring in a ton of revenue.

unless Delta takes EBT cards...... 

"they are out to get me"

do you sleep with the light on?

yes, it is about revenue.

lower labor costs - if they come - will affect all industries.

and you do realize these people are in the US labor market NOW but work for less than legal protections?

and you do realize that labor leaders have also come out in support of the move?

Translation

You missed the press release announcing the Boston hub and the new DL fare class which takes EBT cards and give the mileage to the democratic party to fly party officials around

WorldTraveler said:
"they are out to get me"

do you sleep with the light on?

yes, it is about revenue.

lower labor costs - if they come - will affect all industries.

and you do realize these people are in the US labor market NOW but work for less than legal protections?

and you do realize that labor leaders have also come out in support of the move?
Labor union are supporting the blue president? 

hot s**t I never thought I would see the day where unions support a democrat. 

Jeesh WT. Your killing me smalls. 

(oh and I don't think anyone is "out to get me" Unless a bunch of them get A&Ps is wont mean much to me on the labor cost side. Now on the ramp or above wing.........? oh yeah.) I honestly can't believe you are naive enough to believe its about revenue. Its about kissing Obama's butt (which I don't get. Republicans are the issue on ExIm) and a help in lowering labor cost in the US. Again poor people who have no money aren't going to be increasing revenue.  

jcw said:
Translation

You missed the press release announcing the Boston hub and the new DL fare class which takes EBT cards and give the mileage to the democratic party to fly party officials around
oh so thats what they mean when they talk about the an economy minus type product. EBT class.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

if it is all about kissing butt, why has DL challenged Obama on every other issue that has affected aviation?

if Obama had to weigh pluses and minuses, DL would still be in deep doo-doo based on the stances it has taken.

the point, which I was sure that you would miss, is that DL - supposedly the anti-union airline - is taking a position that is inline with labor unions.

WorldTraveler said:
if it is all about kissing butt, why has DL challenged Obama on every other issue that has affected aviation?

if Obama had to weigh pluses and minuses, DL would still be in deep doo-doo based on the stances it has taken.

the point, which I was sure that you would miss, is that DL - supposedly the anti-union airline - is taking a position that is inline with labor unions.
Um So your saying this is the first time Delta has sided with unions on political issues.

quick can anyone give me a run down on ALPAs opinion on ExIm?  

and exactly what has Delta challenged Obama on? 

uh... Exim.

increased aviation taxes.

a few minutes on the news section of Deltanet should answer that question.

I now see Delta's CEO feels the need to strongly explain why the company came out earlier in support of illegal immigration by supporting Obama when he makes his executive order to stop the deportation of 5 million illegal immigrants, let the back pedaling begin, I still say boycott Delta and really let him know how America feels about illegal immigration.  I would understand if he would said he supports better regulation of legalized immigration to America, but in the first article posted, it was said that they were in support of Obama's move to stop the deportation of 5 million illegals so not to seperate the families.  This is no excuse to do it, let them get here legally and go thru the proper channels to become American citizens just like others have and are currently working very hard to do, don't just hand it to them, this will only increase the illegals to come here illegally...

Delta CEO, Backing Obama, Declares 'We Are a Nation of Immigrants'

I am all for a country of laws.

however, polls have shown that more people in the US support immigration reform than do not.

whether it was worth it for Anderson to have said anything remains to be seen.

It is kind of hard to argue for a boycott because a company supports government policy... it is almost always the other way around.

but hey, at least DL doesn't have its own labor groups taking out ads in USA Today against the company.

Most people seem to support legal immigration reform, but popularity drops for amnesty and deferred action, particularly amongst those who received legal status the hard way.

And don't confuse Administration policy with Government... especially in a day and age of executive fiat vs. legislative solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back