Delta to assist VA Tech Families

May 19, 2003
One of the reason that I fly Delta. Reminds me in so many ways of the company from years ago. This airline and management team is a class act. On behalf of those who fly you, THANKS.

Delta is offering free transportation to any immediate family member who wants to reach Roanoke/Blacksburg, Va., in the wake of Monday’s shootings at Virginia Tech that killed more than 30. Delta will be working directly with the office of the school’s dean of students to arrange transportation for any immediate family member who requests it. Delta Connection carriers Atlantic Southeast Airlines and Comair serve the communities, and we’ve arranged for extra aircraft to stand by in Atlanta and Cincinnati if needed.

“Delta extends its condolences to all those affected by this horrible tragedy and will do everything possible to assist Virginia Tech, the families of victims and the entire Roanoke/Blacksburg community in responding to this tragedy,â€￾ Delta said in a statement Monday.

Indeed, DL shows a lot of class by doing what it can do to help after this horrible attack. Kudos to Delta.

Indeed, DL shows a lot of class by doing what it can do to help after this horrible attack. Kudos to Delta.
I agree.... much like Delta and AirTran did after the Ohio Baseball Team Bus crash in ATL, which does not compare but, nevertheless, it is good to see. I applaud the Delta Family for this.

Back