Delta To Charge Employees More For Medical If Not Vaccinated

Do they?

Delta is far more contagious, yet statistically, fewer people appear to be dying. It's a scientific fact that variants become less pathogenic as they become more contagious.

The numbers that get attention appear to serve a purpose - scaring people into submission.

Theres a big difference between people being in hospitals WITH Covid and people in hospitals FROM Covid. Many are asymptomatic but only find out they have the virus when they're tested on admittance.

Likewise, people are dying WITH Covid but not necessarily FROM Covid. That's been a huge problem with the reporting since the beginning.

When the reporting focuses on high level data without that extra context, you have to wonder why...
Source?

DEL - DUH is the ONLY major airline, NOT saying that they''ll Comply with the Vaccine Mandate. They're in a very tough spot, being located in Hot - lanta' GEORGIA. (Millions of anti vaccine Rednecks in the 'good ol' SOUTH' ) !!

So the virtuous Ed Bastain has thumbed his nose at the "divisive Biden mandate" while at the same time penalized employees who refuse to comply with a $2400 surcharge on insurance. How is it all other CEO's are claiming their hands are tied and "have no choice but to comply" with the mandate yet Bastain somehow does not have to comply? IMHO, I doubt Delta will risk losing govt. contract revenue over not strictly enforcing the mandate and within 2 weeks of the Nov 24th deadline will change their policy to match others in the industry. I also believe an accurate number of those unvaccinated will not be known till after the purge of the non-compliant occurs on Nov. 24th.

Oh boy. This should trigger some outrage. Now, if this goes thru, it looks like Delta will try and force their employees to get vaccinated by hitting them in their wallets. $200 more per monthly for medical if you don't get vaccinated. Hmmm. Discrimination? Maybe. Extortion? Maybe.
Sure, it's your choice rather to get vaccinated or not, however, it'll cost ya until you do get vaccinated, WoW!

You don't matter. They want you dead. How can the non-vax create a covid variant that will kill those who are vaxed if the vax works?

You don't matter. They want you dead. How can the non-vax create a covid variant that will kill those who are vaxed if the vax works?

YO, Sig's.

The vaccine does work !!!!
How do i KNOW ?
I got " DELTA AIRLINES ", OOPS, I mean Delta variant, After a 'double Pfizer' (Got a 'beak through' case) the discharging Dr. told me the 'double Pfizer, SAVED MY LIFE !!! "DELTA" left (4 days) after it came in like gang busters !

Sig'.
A man is considered Wise, when he's armed with F A C T S !!!!!!!!

YO, Sig's.

The vaccine does work !!!!
How do i KNOW ?
I got " DELTA AIRLINES ", OOPS, I mean Delta variant, After a 'double Pfizer' (Got a 'beak through' case) the discharging Dr. told me the 'double Pfizer, SAVED MY LIFE !!! "DELTA" left (4 days) after it came in like gang busters !

Sig'.
A man is considered Wise, when he's armed with F A C T S !!!!!!!!
So does my natural uncompromised immune system. I also got the delta variant last summer and had mild symptoms. To state as fact that everyone needs the vaccine is simply unwise and A LIE.

So the virtuous Ed Bastain has thumbed his nose at the "divisive Biden mandate" while at the same time penalized employees who refuse to comply with a $2400 surcharge on insurance. How is it all other CEO's are claiming their hands are tied and "have no choice but to comply" with the mandate yet Bastain somehow does not have to comply? IMHO, I doubt Delta will risk losing govt. contract revenue over not strictly enforcing the mandate and within 2 weeks of the Nov 24th deadline will change their policy to match others in the industry. I also believe an accurate number of those unvaccinated will not be known till after the purge of the non-compliant occurs on Nov. 24th.
Just to add a little context; DL requires any new hires to be vaxxed as a condition of employment. Those alone count for 1000s of people.

Further, prior to using a stick, they offered a lot of carrots; paid days off, ease of access (vax clinics at hubs), and even held a lottery. Now, they are going the other way and adding a lot of friction to the lives of those refusing the vaccine. It's not just the $200/mo insurance increase- there is mandatory testing, mask wearing, and no pay protection if you have to quarantine.

And you know what? it's working. Turns out people don't like hassles (or paying). The company's vax rate has jumped significantly in the last several weeks. The number of people holding out is becoming smaller and smaller. The company didn't need to wield a mandate over their heads; they simply needed to make life "just" difficult enough to get people to move on their own. The number of people holding out is becoming smaller and smaller. Once the deadline hits those last few people will be quietly let go, and the carrier will roll on without them. That's how it works at the Widget.

The company didn't need to wield a mandate over their heads; they simply needed to make life "just" difficult enough to get people to move on their own. For the C-Suite, it's a win-win. They win the internal PR war and still comply with the federal directive.

Just to add a little context; DL requires any new hires to be vaxxed as a condition of employment. Those alone count for 1000s of people.

Further, prior to using a stick, they offered a lot of carrots; paid days off, ease of access (vax clinics at hubs), and even held a lottery. Now, they are going the other way and adding a lot of friction to the lives of those refusing the vaccine. It's not just the $200/mo insurance increase- there is mandatory testing, mask wearing, and no pay protection if you have to quarantine.

And you know what? it's working. Turns out people don't like hassles (or paying). The company's vax rate has jumped significantly in the last several weeks. The number of people holding out is becoming smaller and smaller. The company didn't need to wield a mandate over their heads; they simply needed to make life "just" difficult enough to get people to move on their own. The number of people holding out is becoming smaller and smaller. Once the deadline hits those last few people will be quietly let go, and the carrier will roll on without them. That's how it works at the Widget.

The company didn't need to wield a mandate over their heads; they simply needed to make life "just" difficult enough to get people to move on their own. For the C-Suite, it's a win-win. They win the internal PR war and still comply with the federal directive.
Spoken like another good (fake ass) union thug. No wonder unions are dead

Unions aren't dead at all; just the ones that are selling an outmoded model of representation like The Association.

Look, you can attack me all you want from behind your keyboard, but the truth is unions quickly realized that no passengers--> no flights--> no members. It's in their best interest for the industry to recover. The fastest way back to smooth air is high vax rates.

You have a tough choice to make. Best of luck either way.

Unions aren't dead at all; just the ones that are selling an outmoded model of representation like The Association.

Look, you can attack me all you want from behind your keyboard, but the truth is unions quickly realized that no passengers--> no flights--> no members. It's in their best interest for the industry to recover. The fastest way back to smooth air is high vax rates.

Well at least you responded in a way I find it hard to attack. We’ll never agree but I respect the answer

Reactions: Kev3188
High vax rates haven't really done much for case counts, so what exactly is being accomplished as far as stimulating revenue or traffic? That should managements goal.

Anyone with half of a functioning brain cell knew the mandates were going to get struck down.

Unions have the job of protecting members, not being another strong arm of one political party. Curious if you have changed your view from when you posted this to now. (you know, since COVID is basically over due to mid-term elections and terrible approval numbers for basically every democrat in the country)

also a political party that has done more damage to industry jobs than republicans ever dreamed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯