Delta To Charge Employees More For Medical If Not Vaccinated

Unions have the job of protecting members

Exactly. And most were smart enough to recognize that "protecting" members meant getting people back in the air. That meant pax having to feel "safe."

Curious if you have changed your view from when you posted this to now. (you know, since COVID is basically over due to mid-term elections and terrible approval numbers for basically every democrat in the country)

Changed my view on what? I still think businesses have the right to require vaccines of employees. And, of course, employees have the right to tell them to pound sand. Same with requiring masks. If they want to do that, okay. And you can decide if that's somewhere we want to support, or if we want to go elsewhere.

also a political party that has done more damage to industry jobs than republicans ever dreamed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The #1 & 2 issues for the midterms will be schools, and the overall idea of "safetyism." Where a candidate stands on those will matter more than anything else.

Exactly. And most were smart enough to recognize that "protecting" members meant getting people back in the air. That meant pax having to feel "safe."
And yet, Travel was rebounding pre vax mandates.......

Changed my view on what? I still think businesses have the right to require vaccines of employees. And, of course, employees have the right to tell them to pound sand. Same with requiring masks. If they want to do that, okay. And you can decide if that's somewhere we want to support, or if we want to go elsewhere.
So where does it stop? Would you support Delta (and the unions) banning smoking, drinking, or any other multitude of things that kill people way more than COVID?

"Oh you drive a Ford Mustang not a M1 tank, sorry you have a higher chance of being hurt in a car accident, gotta fine you just incase"

The #1 & 2 issues for the midterms will be schools, and the overall idea of "safetyism." Where a candidate stands on those will matter more than anything else.

hardly. The issues in the midterms will be the price of fuel/energy, sky rocketing inflation, sky rocketing food prices and the total flubbing of Russia/Ukraine
Safetyism will only play in for liberals still desperate for COVID restrictions, and it will play into them losing their election.

Would you support Delta (and the unions) banning smoking, drinking, or any other multitude of things that kill people way more than COVID?

Companies have the right to operate their businesses as they see fit (within the law, obvs.). We have the right to stay and/or withhold our labor.

The issues in the midterms will be the price of fuel/energy, sky rocketing inflation, sky rocketing food prices and the total flubbing of Russia/Ukraine

Nope. Those are all absolutely important issues, and ones not to be discounted. But it'll be schools and safteyism that decide races. Youngkin vs. McCauliffe (sp?) in Virginia was the first race. The school board recall in SFO was the 2nd.

Safetyism will only play in for liberals still desperate for COVID restrictions, and it will play into them losing their election.

Yes. And please re-read what I'm posting before trying to convince me to disagree with you again.

Keep dreaming, Kev.

Safetyism and schools were front and center for a school board and state contests. Those roles have little to no impact on broader issues that will be at play for Congress.

Energy, inflation and foreign policy failures will be right up there with Sciencism and Safetyism...

Lemme clarify: IMO, candidates still advocating for any kind of sustained school closures and/or Zero-Covid/Safetyism policies will get crushed in the midterms. And those 2 things will more than any other issue decide races.

Better?

People holding those positions likely won't survive the primaries...

Mark my word, nobody will be mentioning Covid measures come June. Biden is hoping they can declare victory at SOTU this week.

Let's see if the public is as forgiving and forgetful. ..

People holding those positions likely won't survive the primaries...

+1

They absolutely will not.

Mark my word, nobody will be mentioning Covid measures come June.

The people still spritzing their groceries with bleach are as out of step now as maskholes in Costco were in 2020.

Let's see if the public is as forgiving and forgetful. ..

To be seen for sure, but I think most people are just tired and ready to get back to living. The candidate that has that as their overarching platform leaves the culture warriors (left & right both) in the dust.