Delta to get 757 Overhauls?

nonrev343434

Apr 22, 2003
This has been rumored on the-mechanic.com for weeks, now someone has lent a little more credibility. Read on:

Received: 07/08/03 17:13:28 EDT
Name: AMFA supporting DL Technician
E-Mail: ATTN. ALL AA MECHANICS !!
Employer: Delta
Currently, American and Delta are negotiating a deal which would have a number of AA 757 overhauls done by Delta. It would mostly be the old TWA 757s, because they are powered by Pratts. But the deal is also supposed to include some of the AA planes that are powered by Rolls engines, planes that were never part of any other carrier''s fleet. This has gone beyond the rumor stage, and is close to being done. Are there any AA mechanics on furlough at this time? If so, this is just wrong. No company should be sending work out when they have people on furlough. Where is the TWU in all of this?

TM, my anonymity is essential, and I remember you saying that you had removed all means of tracking down posters to this site. I hope this doesn''t cause you any grief. But this is just plain wrong. AA should be doing that work inhouse, and they should recall people to do it if they have to.

I have not used any type of tracking software since I received the subpoena from AA a few years ago attempting to identify posters to this BB. - TM

----------------
On 7/8/2003 10:45:21 PM nonrev343434 wrote:

Read the article... it says some are AA originals (w/ RR engines...)

----------------​
What article?

----------------
On 7/8/2003 9:34:43 PM nonrev343434 wrote:

This has been rumored on the-mechanic.com for weeks, now someone has lent a little more credibility. Read on:

Received: 07/08/03 17:13:28 EDT
Name: AMFA supporting DL Technician
E-Mail: ATTN. ALL AA MECHANICS !!
Employer: Delta
Currently, American and Delta are negotiating a deal which would have a number of AA 757 overhauls done by Delta. It would mostly be the old TWA 757s, because they are powered by Pratts. But the deal is also supposed to include some of the AA planes that are powered by Rolls engines, planes that were never part of any other carrier''s fleet. This has gone beyond the rumor stage, and is close to being done. Are there any AA mechanics on furlough at this time? If so, this is just wrong. No company should be sending work out when they have people on furlough. Where is the TWU in all of this?

TM, my anonymity is essential, and I remember you saying that you had removed all means of tracking down posters to this site. I hope this doesn''t cause you any grief. But this is just plain wrong. AA should be doing that work inhouse, and they should recall people to do it if they have to.

I have not used any type of tracking software since I received the subpoena from AA a few years ago attempting to identify posters to this BB. - TM

----------------​
Oh Hourse feathers! Why would A.A. outsourse maintenance to Delta! Their AMT''s are some of the highest paid in the industry! We now have some of the cheapest, most experianced, AMT''s on the Prat''s,&757''s, right now at MCI, where they are being worked on currently? This one just dosn''t make since!!!

Take anything you read on "the-mechanic.com" with a BIG grain of salt! Besides the constant whinning, bitching, moaning and groaning, it also generates a bunch of wild rumors. Even still, It would not compleatly shock me If they shut MCI down and this came up. But they would have to negotiate to get it as our contract''s scope clause does not allow for this kind of work to be unilaterly outsourced. What would AA offer us? Shave another year off our contract?

Not sure about doing work for AA in the past, but they did do some work on the TWA 757''s in the last couple years when some oil seals had to be replaced and DL had a rig that allowed the "guts" of the engine to be pulled out from the front, rather than a longer and costlier on wing dis-assembly.

----------------
On 7/15/2003 10:53:58 PM desertfox wrote:

Not sure about doing work for AA in the past, but they did do some work on the TWA 757''s in the last couple years when some oil seals had to be replaced and DL had a rig that allowed the "guts" of the engine to be pulled out from the front, rather than a longer and costlier on wing dis-assembly.

----------------​
Are you sure you know what your talking about? One things for sure! Your not an AMT!!!!