Delta to increase Austin routes as AA and others pull out.

SWAMECH

Veteran
Apr 26, 2005
Good choice for Delta. AA is having a hard time keeping up with the competition, Delta will have a better chance with their service out of Austin by far.
And yes, Austin's flights will increase as the growth continues to increase as well.

AA was trying to squeeze 75 Flights a day into 5 dedicated gates so that’s just one of the reasons they needed to draw down their enthusiasm. Not to mention that many of those point to points were not profitable so better to focus on bringing people into the Hubs to fill the seats.

Posting Yahoo News which almost no one uses any more and only repeating the headline shows just how clueless you are as a Human being. I’ve never read even once that I can recall you having any of your own thoughts. Or trying to figure out any of the whys behind moves.

Piece of advice. If you read a story and really do find it interesting go to some other Websites like maybe Airliners, or Cranky Flier and read the comments. That’s the way you’ll learn more fully about the news items you post rather than being just a fool tool.

Reactions: Jalsporteam
Good choice for Delta. AA is having a hard time keeping up with the competition, Delta will have a better chance with their service out of Austin by far.
And yes, Austin's flights will increase as the growth continues to increase as well.

You obviously have no clue what the hell you are talking about. Stop trying to get attention. It's a psychological disorder. You need to seek medical help.

AA was trying to squeeze 75 Flights a day into 5 dedicated gates so that’s just one of the reasons they needed to draw down their enthusiasm. Not to mention that many of those point to points were not profitable so better to focus on bringing people into the Hubs to fill the seats.

Posting Yahoo News which almost no one uses any more and only repeating the headline shows just how clueless you are as a Human being. I’ve never read even once that I can recall you having any of your own thoughts. Or trying to figure out any of the whys behind moves.

Piece of advice. If you read a story and really do find it interesting go to some other Websites like maybe Airliners, or Cranky Flier and read the comments. That’s the way you’ll learn more fully about the news items you post rather than being just a fool tool.
He's just trying to seek attention, probably been mentally abused to the point of insanity, post random crap no one cares about is a reflection of his own life. Thus he seeks attention cause he has a poor quality of life.

Time’ll tell, but I can’t imagine MAF & MFE to AUS will work. SLC or even LAX would make more sense. These seem like the sort of spokes you add in during a 4th or 5th round of expansion.

Time’ll tell, but I can’t imagine MAF & MFE to AUS will work. SLC or even LAX would make more sense. These seem like the sort of spokes you add in during a 4th or 5th round of expansion.
Most airlines will discount new routes to draw attention to the new routes. Just nice to see Delta expanding at Austin more.
I also think they will adjust as needed, if the needs are not there. On a side note, Delta did not take all the routes abandoned by AA @ Austin, as they already know that the other routes would not work out and maybe they see MAF and MFE to Austin to work out, but, I do agree with your opinion on SLC and/or LAX being a better combo.
Might it also be that they just can't free up enough aircraft right off the bat? I only guess as we are aircraft restricted right now too, so slowing the growth a bit, until Boeing can get caught back up on deliveries.
I hope Delta does well with the Austin additions, Kev., always nice to see a classy premium airline give Austin even more options and choices.

Most airlines will discount new routes to draw attention to the new routes. Just nice to see Delta expanding at Austin more.
I also think they will adjust as needed, if the needs are not there. On a side note, Delta did not take all the routes abandoned by AA @ Austin, as they already know that the other routes would not work out and maybe they see MAF and MFE to Austin to work out, but, I do agree with your opinion on SLC and/or LAX being a better combo.
Might it also be that they just can't free up enough aircraft right off the bat? I only guess as we are aircraft restricted right now too, so slowing the growth a bit, until Boeing can get caught back up on deliveries.
I hope Delta does well with the Austin additions, Kev., always nice to see a classy premium airline give Austin even more options and choices.

Can you ever stop making things up as you go along just to get attention.

I’m not a fan of Gary Leff since he has a personal vendetta against AA but he did provide a little more insight here. Also confirmed what I wrote about AA. With 75 flights they definitely had to use more than just 5 gates.

“Honestly, I’d say this expansion is better than nothing, but not much more than that. Essentially we’re seeing three new routes with three daily flights, and this definitely doesn’t replace the service that American recently discontinued.

It is interesting to see Delta basically dabbling with making Austin a connecting hub, presumably primarily targeted at Midland-Odessa and McAllen. American and United both have major hubs in Texas, so I guess this is a half-hearted attempt to compete.

American’s Austin focus city was apparently unprofitable all along. So I’m curious if Delta will actually be able to make money in Austin, or if this is more of a defensive move to prevent other airlines from growing too much market share there”

I hope they do well too, but AUS-MAF is a poor performer for WN, with LF's in the uper 40s and they only run it ~ 1x daily. I can't imagine running it 3x will help.

*Yes, I know LF =/= yield. Nevertheless.

True. I hate how SWA agreed to limiting the gates at LF, and now that the McKinney Airport expansion into a International Airport was voted down (where SWA more than likely would have started flights) now SWA is eye balling DFW to further the Dallas market, as well as start entertaining some red eye flights too. LF is restricted to no flights after 10 or 10:30pm and no flights prior to 5-6am (not exact on times) SWA has stated they are entertaining to be at DFW in 2026 when the final restriction of "Gate for Gate" goes away.
Should get interesting to watch how it all plays out at DFW. I've always said never say never about DFW and SWA.
Not sure what flights they may entertain right off the bat, but I would guess to compete with JB and Spirit first and not so much Delta and AA to start off with in the beginning.
Would luv to see SWA start DFW flights prior to retiring. I'll never forget when one of our birds had to land at DFW for a charter, I do believe, and all the buzz that came from SWA's tails landing at DFW. The media was freaking out trying to guess what SWA was up to, only this time there will be announcement prior to starting flights.