DL/LCC Swap Slots At LGA/DCA

so what flights will be cut at DCA.

They are going from 89 to 55 gates.
I think you mean SLOTS not gates....

Look at my earlier post regarding what cities Delta will serve out of DCA.

I understand this will be a net gain for Delta Mainline of about 50 flights.
Always a plus when you add to a base (NYC) As long as those who transfer
are junior lol....

This deal should also free up Slots for more international at JFK.
For example. If Delta has 4 flights a day from ALB to JFK. They just
move two to LGA, keep 2 to JFK for international. Thus freeing up 2 slots
for new international flights.
Also I believe they will not actively promote any
type of connections from LGA to JFK. Not saying there won't be any, but
not promoting them. These two operations will be separate animals if you will.

BABABOOY,

Actually meant flights being decreased from 89 to 55 a day.

My question, once again, is what is being cut????

Thanks
Well shaka I think this is all your going to get officially right now
until Delta is ready to release.
everything else is just speculation:
http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=751

DCA to Seven Hubs + shuttle
right there that is the majority
of slots taken care of with just a few left over.
I am sure if there is a city that USAirways presently doesn't fly to
out of DCA and Delta does, then they may keep that city.

BABABOOY,

Actually meant flights being decreased from 89 to 55 a day.

My question, once again, is what is being cut????

Thanks

My guess would be all flights to BOS since you think they would've mentioned that in their press release as a city they were going to keep otherwise, plus DSM, MSN, GRR, HSV, likely IND, and then probably some flights to their seven hub cities as well.

LEX and JAN will have to remain though as those are Air-21 awarded slots and those can not be transferred between carriers like traditional slots.

A shame really that Delta didn't do these types of acquisitions
and trades instead of the NW deal.

Yay! People's true colors are finally starting to show...

I may be way off, but didn't the DCA slots come from NW?

It kills you that we're all "one great airline" now, doesn't it?

What a shame...

Yay! People's true colors are finally starting to show...

It kills you that we're all "one great airline" now, doesn't it?

What a shame...

It is a shame, Kev. I don't think that attitude is going to serve people with that mindset very well in the near future.

I know most cringe when family references are used with the word Delta, so here it goes. ;-)

It's Kinda like when family's are thrown together because of marriage. Not related at all.
Of course, one would wish that there was some other way.
Now I know there is nothing that can be done about it, so I move on and make the best of it.
Nothing wrong with "what if". Now if that is an attitude, they someone must have really thin
and sensitive skin.

I do recall a time nearly 20 years ago NW picked up some routes from Eastern, as a matter of fact for a short time we even had an ATL-DCA flight, they were establishing sort of a mini hub.. of course they had some route authority to Tokyo as well that has been dormant for some time. (I stand corrected on that).

I think we can all agree.. the success of Delta becoming the worlds largest airline.. is simply a history of mergers and acquisitions.

there is an entire museum dedicated to the rich history that has made Delta who they are today.

(obviously they know what they are doing.. because the process (integration) is moving along relatively smoothly)

focusing solely on the merger...our careers, pensions..(for many) and benefits including seniority..routes and facilities has been merged into Delta, personally we have no other choice.. but trying to do our best for a company.. that I, along with many, including yourself.. have admired for many years.

(of course the work ethic and performance inherited is a bonus)

I know most cringe when family references are used
and I will tell you why that is..

it is because we come from a company with a management team who carried out some of the worst labor relations in the history of aviation...
in the late 80's, early 90's we had new leadership, for the first time many of us felt there was real change at Northwest.

new uniforms, a new paint scheme and a sense of a new NWA.

in the early 1990's the Gulf War put a drain on the airline industry, however we all worked together and accepted paycuts in order to keep Northwest solvent. (moral was high, at least to me it felt like we were moving beyond the merger..that is another story..)

shortly thereafter and in the following years, record profits for the company.

(record profits in the history of the entire company)

when the period of paycuts finally came to a conclusion we were to have our pay snapped back to a mere 3 percent for Flight Attendant and of course to negotiate our new contract restoring all our pay.

then something started to happen, our new leaders..started to change course...

we had to take them to court to get a three percent increase because for some reason they just refused to pay us. (a three percent raise after we have just given paycuts for several years we were entitled to..)

in 1998, they also refused to bargain with the pilots for whatever reasons..they locked them out.

what happened to the Flight Attendants in 1998? oh yeah, they furloughed every single one of us..
all of us.. when the lockout began, for a period of one month and that caused us to lose our guarantees as they dropped every single trip took us off payroll and we were not paid one cent. (I was literally shocked they did that)

in a two week period, they managed to throw..

one billion dollars out the window, furloughed all the Flight Attendants (even though it was a period of two weeks) and then basically gave the pilots what they wanted when all was said and done.

(when people lose trust in someone they will do the right thing, it takes some time to get back..it doesn't mean it will never happen again, it just takes time)

I was proud to work for Northwest.. because I knew the airline was actually the employees who made up the airline..

(I hope that makes sense)

(the DOT statistics proved our performance ranked at the top)

we were the ontime airline for a full decade.. even though some of them tried to make us feel like we did not matter at all.. being professional people knowing what needs to be done, that would be focusing on the the job...(even with all the unnecessary distractions to employees who are simply.. very good people)

when we finally got past the pay cuts of the 1990's, after a four year delay of negotiations largely because it appears Management really wasnt very modivated securing a contract... they (the union) managed to negotiate a TA that restored our pay in the late 1990's, for some reason a group of Flight Attendants felt that wasn't acceptable and basically formed a grass roots effort to turn down that agreement.

It was successful..

I dont know if it was those who were rallying against that agreement negotiated by Teamsters or the fact some were just still pissed off about the stunt management had just pulled on us, but for whatever reason it was turned down...

(ironically that TA late 1990's, the one rejected was probably the best contract we would ever see again for some time if ever again)

this was also the beginning of having our group merged in an out of three unions in less than 10 years. The second TA in 2000 was the best contract we have ever had, it was ratified and that is also the same agreement PFAA threw out the window.

so its just a series of mistakes on both parts that have caused some to feel well..

its not really a family..

(no matter who says what, but of course some can prove to others it can be the case, or should I say, it possible for both sides to really work together enabling success for all)

unfortunately, it is the people in the middle who really suffer while two sides bicker with each other..

but!

Some people can look past all of that, every little bit and actually see..

it is a business..first. (a business one can be proud of and dedicated to, but it is...)

a business.

Believe me, they know what they are doing.. they did not merge us into the airline doing anyone a favor.

regardless...

a positive working environment is crucial.. as the airline must be forward-focused...because,

it appears to me, DL people have experienced for the most part a different type of experience..while not perfect (as nothing really is) it was never to the extremes others have encountered.. regarding not the positive relations..regarding labor. I believe there is something unique and a sense of pride at DL and it may be difficult for some.. not to understand why others do not recognize that or fully embrace that..yet.

(but it can happen)

Defending a tradition is admirable, engaging an unnecessary fight with pre-merger employees to prove something is better, (not stating you are going that route) does not really show anything other than, its just the same ole same ole with a different uniform and paint job.

If people start to believe its all fake, (fake nice, fake smile, fake welcome with a hint of being condescending) and that is done to NW people after what we just went through while some are really wanting to embrace the positives..

it only proves to some..

this idea of having something different was just a line of BS.

(lets not go that route)

the trade of slots (the topic, I sort of wandered away from.. :oops: but I felt it was necessary to state!) is so significant and in my opinion..hopefully will be approved!

I am elated to be a part of Delta going forward.. so with that said,

to the many who have made us feel welcome..

(especially those at the ATL training facility)

Thank you.

I know most cringe when family references are used with the word Delta, so here it goes. ;-)

LOL. Yep.

It's Kinda like when family's are thrown together because of marriage. Not related at all.
Of course, one would wish that there was some other way.
Now I know there is nothing that can be done about it, so I move on and make the best of it.

Excellent analogy & outlook.

Nothing wrong with "what if". Now if that is an attitude, they someone must have really thin
and sensitive skin.

No sensitivity here.

I was only being 1/2 sarcastic when I made the comment about true colors coming out. Frankly, it's much more refreshing than the "hurray for everything" mantra that many are saying through gnashed teeth & forced smiles. A good "you know what? F--- you. I didn't ask for this, but here we are" comment can be cathartic, and IMO, can lead to much greater understanding/compatibility going forward.

I was only being 1/2 sarcastic when I made the comment about true colors coming out. Frankly, it's much more refreshing than the "hurray for everything" mantra that many are saying through gnashed teeth & forced smiles. A good "you know what? F--- you. I didn't ask for this, but here we are" comment can be cathartic, and IMO, can lead to much greater understanding/compatibility going forward.
I strangely agree with that...

in a sense you almost have to respect that

(looking at it from that perspective)

it is better to be up front and tell it like it is, rather than..finding out it was all a fake front in the first place later on.

fake nice is probably worse than brutal honesty.

the only issue I sort of think would be the :censored: you comment, if it went that route (know what Im saying)..that of course not being, well ..very hospitable or gracious and of course would totally undermine the line being sold!

(does that make sense?)

but the point is well taken non-the-less!

(its probably a good thing to think outside the box!) :up:

Latest posts