Delta To Issue Major Widebody RFP For 747/767 Replacements

kind of like idle threats from AA fankids that AA will do anything more than lose money flying the Pacific and try to take routes from carriers that do succeed there?

and I will bet you those low union dues that DL will fly MIA to Latin America including Brazil.

you game?

• Banned
Well DL does like used planes, I hear they are looking at the few stored Concordes for the JFK-LGA run.

WorldTraveler said:
and I will bet you those low union dues that DL will fly MIA to Latin America including Brazil.

you game?

Will those MIa-LatAm flights be as successful for DL as MIA-LHR?
Spin away ... ... ...

I doubt very seriously that you will acknowledge it but DL took the MIA frequencies because it was available as part of the AA/BA JV divestiture, has managed to gain several flights using that strategy, and still has 2 flights/day on LHR-MIA via the VS JV.

MIA-LHR is a local market route for DL; ATL is a very successful gateway as a hub. It is the 2nd largest single airline gateway to Latin America behind AA at MIA.

when DL adds MIA-Latin America - which will very likely happen after DL digests the current round of capacity additions - it will be because MIA represents a strategically important market that DL needs to serve in Latin America.

Unlike AA's strategy in the pacific, DL started by expanding to Latin America from its strength hubs of ATL, JFK, and LAX and will add MIA based on that strength. AA is just now realizing that success at DFW to Asia is the only hope it has of making more competitive Asia markets work - but that for AA is still just concept and not reality.

WorldTraveler said:
I doubt very seriously that you will acknowledge it but DL took the MIA frequencies because it was available as part of the AA/BA JV divestiture, has managed to gain several flights using that strategy, and still has 2 flights/day on LHR-MIA via the VS JV.
So AA is a failure across the Pacific because its jv partner JAL flies the two JFK frequencies to Tokyo but DL is winning to London because its Beardy-controlled 49% subsidiary flies MIA-LHR.

Must be quite a workout keeping those goalposts in constant motion.

WorldTraveler said:

MIA-LHR is a local market route for DL; ATL is a very successful gateway as a hub. It is the 2nd largest single airline gateway to Latin America behind AA at MIA.

when DL adds MIA-Latin America - which will very likely happen after DL digests the current round of capacity additions - it will be because MIA represents a strategically important market that DL needs to serve in Latin America.

Unlike AA's strategy in the pacific, DL started by expanding to Latin America from its strength hubs of ATL, JFK, and LAX and will add MIA based on that strength. AA is just now realizing that success at DFW to Asia is the only hope it has of making more competitive Asia markets work - but that for AA is still just concept and not reality.
no they wont

So AA is a failure across the Pacific because its jv partner JAL flies the two JFK frequencies to Tokyo but DL is winning to London because its Beardy-controlled 49% subsidiary flies MIA-LHR.

Must be quite a workout keeping those goalposts in constant motion.
no, AA is a "failure to Asia" (your words) because they lose money there and have for a good long time with no likelihood of it changing.

I have never said that AA is a failure flying to LHR because BA flies from most cities in the US for AA.

no they wont

then take the bet. equivalent to one year's union dues of the first large currently non-contract DL workgroup that unionizes

how about extra fuel tanks... you know like what the F16s have under the wings...   :lol:
the fighter jets are reserved for service to N. Texas. :)

robbedagain said:
how about extra fuel tanks... you know like what the F16s have under the wings...   :lol:
CRJ-900LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLR with drop tanks. Woot woot

WorldTraveler said:
no, AA is a "failure to Asia" (your words) because they lose money there and have for a good long time with no likelihood of it changing.

I have never said that AA is a failure flying to LHR because BA flies from most cities in the US for AA.

then take the bet. equivalent to one year's union dues of the first large currently non-contract DL workgroup that unionizes

the fighter jets are reserved for service to N. Texas. :)
you would have to admit that you are wrong for that to work. 
You have been saying this is going to happen as long as I have been around here...... Still waiting. 

• Banned
Or maybe since DL likes old airplanes there will be a few KC-135s available soon, they can inflight refuel.

700UW said:
Or maybe since DL likes old airplanes there will be a few KC-135s available soon, they can inflight refuel.
Well now that you said that Mods are underway for mid-fight MD88 re-fuel. Coming soon to a European airport near 

you would have to admit that you are wrong for that to work. 
You have been saying this is going to happen as long as I have been around here...... Still waiting.
I've also told you that DL was focused on the NE and NYC specifically, then would shift to the west and Europe, and Latin America from the most competitive markets would come next.

DOT revenue absolutely confirms what DL execs have said that the Gol and AeroMexico partnerships/investments are generating real benefits for DL including relative to competitors in the market.

You can't help but believe that DL will use those advantages esp. as Open Skies (nearly) comes to Mexico and to Brazil this year.

I'm happy to be shown that I am wrong if I am.

so do you accept the bet?

Back