Delta will survive AND thrive

Thank you for your admission that you are motivated to post more by emotion than fact. We'll view everything you right with that bias in mind.

Newsflash: UA isn't out of trouble YET. Which is why they will be back in BK within 5 years. Others predict it it will be sooner than that but I'll stick with my original prediction. Three years after UA's bankruptcy filing, they were still putting their plan together. Three years after DL's filing, it will be in better shape than any of its competitors and be well on the road to returning to its position as one of the world's most respected and profitable airlines. Just you watch and see.

once again you prove your ignorance of DL's restructuring plan. DL is pulling huge chunks of capacity out of its domestic system and putting into into int'l markets - most of which have no or limited US carrier service.

Delta is obviously working overtime just to prove you wrong. I can't wait to post results for the 1st month of profitability - probably will be this summer. How are the profits at U know who?

They haven't reported them yet. Have you seen them?
Just heard that Delta will most likely terminate the pilot pension. What will you do if Delta shuts down? :up: I'm sure you'll find a way to make this seem like a good thing though. ;)

WASHINGTON, March 13 (Reuters) - Bankrupt Delta Air Lines Inc. (DALRQ.PK: Quote, Profile, Research) said on Monday it was in a "race against time" to restructure and that the company would probably terminate its pilots' pension plan to save money.

"It looks more likely than not," a lawyer for the airline, Jack Gallagher, said about pension prospects at an arbitration hearing on the fate of the pilots contract.

"Delta's long-term viability is very uncertain," Gallagher said. "It only has a short time to restructure."

Gerald Grinstein, Delta's chief executive, said in an interview at the hearing the airline is meeting its savings targets in every area but pilot costs, and needs a long-term savings plan in place very soon.

The arbitration panel will hear testimony over the next two weeks and is expected to make a decision by mid April.

"It's a race against time," Grinstein said. "We're working with borrowed money and there are time limits."

Sure that sounds like a company with a rosy future ahead of it. Best of luck. :lol: