Delta won't die after all

True, but for the SECOND time in a row, the UNIONIZED pilots are taking a DEEPER cut than the non-union employees.

Yes, this is true, but you guys are/were still the highest PAID. Now from this non-union mechanic side, I have never seen the Top of the payscale. You want to Bit@h? Drop your pay to the Bottom of the scale like we are, then see how much Money Delta will save.

Based on average compensation, DL pilots will still make more than average FL pilots. Granted, DL pilots fly bigger equipment and are more senior but the statement that was made was about averages. Oh, and do FL pilots have a defined benefit pension plan? No, and DL pilots STILL have one - and I suspect the delay in coming to a final agreement is to the DL pilot's benefit to either keep it or get a suitable value replacement for it = and I have absolutely no problem with that.

The statement that was made was factual, Ms. Fly. Some people apparently don't understand the meaning of words and for that I'm sorry but it certainly doesn't make me wrong.

Yes, this is true, but you guys are/were still the highest PAID. Now from this non-union mechanic side, I have never seen the Top of the payscale. You want to Bit@h? Drop your pay to the Bottom of the scale like we are, then see how much Money Delta will save.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gee Cobrakev,

Why do I still keep getting this feeling that IF your AMT work group had voted IN a UNION, that YOU would have ALREADY seen the TOP of the pay scale ???????????

NH/BB's

You can take most of the DL thread here on this webboard, and go back to UAL or U, and probably NWA, and find pretty much the same comments during BK....The media falls over themselves picking out the negatives and ignoring just about anything else. The employees, beaten but proud defend their turf. And then the other airline employees, who come here to make themselves feel better by laying in on DL. But if you really read the forums, and ignore the jerks, there are a lot of people who are simply members of a profession they are watching slowly be destroyed, and are here to talk about it. I just got back from a union meeting, where an ALPA national officer showed a slide of the current airlines having either just come out of BK or still in it. It is a shocking laundry list, one I could not have imagined 5 years ago.

If I had to choose to fly for any of the airlines currently IN chapter 11, you had better believe it would be DL. They seem to be doing as well or better as anyone else has in this mess.

DAL pilots were some of the best compensated in the world only a few years ago, even months ago really. I for one hope they somehow stay that way, and are able to keep at least the pension they have earned...otherwise the rest of us, and not just in the airline industry, have nowhere else to go, especially if they lower the bar. Rambling a little..Greeter.

The employees, beaten but proud defend their turf. And then the other airline employees, who come here to make themselves feel better by laying in on DL.

AMAZING, simply amazing!! You and your own at DAL were on here not too long ago and not just on here but in person making remarks as to how US was done and you couldn't wait for them to go out of business so you could nab their leftovers etc., I don't want to see DAL go ounder or any employees be hurt, but that comment is totally out of line I guess the appropriate comment is "what goes around comes around" as far as the comments are concerned!!

I don't want to see DAL go ounder or any employees be hurt, but that comment is totally out of line I guess the appropriate comment is "what goes around comes around" as far as the comments are concerned!!

"What goes around comes around" is what I am afraid of. By the way. I am based in PIT. Greeter. (thanks for making my point)

How can that be? I thought all DL pilots made $150k/yr.
BTW, just FYI.
Current 737 captain for Airtran $153/hr
New 737-800 captain rate for DL $149/hr. 14%reduction. We are below hourly LCC rates.
AirTran isn't bankrupt.

I know this sucks but isn't it better to take a 15% paycut than the 30%+ the judge would have imposed?

True, but for the SECOND time in a row, the UNIONIZED pilots are taking a DEEPER cut than the non-union employees.
They are taking a bigger cut because they're pay rate is a s--t load higher than the competition! The other employees, with the cut on Nov 1, are below almost half of our peers! Do you all not see that??? Go to airlinepilotpay.com to see see the current pilot rates. Contract 2000 was a demise to this c0mpany as well as all of the exec bonuses and the stupid decisions in the past...

How can that be? I thought all DL pilots made $150k/yr.
BTW, just FYI.
Current 737 captain for Airtran $153/hr
New 737-800 captain rate for DL $149/hr. 14%reduction. We are below hourly LCC rates.
But they are making money. An unfair comparison and you know it... :p

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gee Cobrakev,

Why do I still keep getting this feeling that IF your AMT work group had voted IN a UNION, that YOU would have ALREADY seen the TOP of the pay scale ???????????
NH/BB's
That may have been true, but look what AMFA has done with the Northwest mechanics. The point I was trying to make is, if you were/are still the hightest paid, why start knocking the other groups. Just because they didn't give as much, when they didnt have it to begin with.

That may have been true, but look what AMFA has done with the Northwest mechanics. The point I was trying to make is, if you were/are still the hightest paid, why start knocking the other groups. Just because they didn't give as much, when they didnt have it to begin with.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good point "kev" (about being "badmouthed" by another workgroup)

But "talk is cheap.
(Back to the union/NON union thing for a bit)

As NON union, after the company gets "stonewalled" by DALPA(who is UNION), they don't think twice about going after you guys BECAUSE...............................?????????

(WELL "kev" you know the rest of the (above) answer) !!!!

NH/BB's

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good point "kev" (about being "badmouthed" by another workgroup)

But "talk is cheap.
(Back to the union/NON union thing for a bit)

As NON union, after the company gets "stonewalled" by DALPA(who is UNION), they don't think twice about going after you guys BECAUSE...............................?????????

(WELL "kev" you know the rest of the (above) answer) !!!!
NH/BB's

And you think that makes unions a GOOD thing?? Let's all join so that NOBODY will take paycuts and we will ask the company to support unreasonably high wages for ALL during a severe downturn in the industry. Makes sense to me!!! Sign me up!!!!! I'm all for only the good and never the bad. That will keep all companies in business for a LONG time (like 3 days). :up:

Oh god - that reply truly shows how disconnected pilots are from the rest of us non-union employees. Sorta how management is disconnected from the worker bees. You will get NO sympathy from ANY non-union employees for your huge "sacrifices." You know what? We've ALL had to sacrifice.

Again - pilots got their huge raises back when the rest of us got none. And hey - that's what your union does for you. But now, things have changed a bit. You are giving more than anyone else BECAUSE YOU MAKE FAR MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE. And you know, when you take your 40% paycut, you might have to sell your boat or curtail your golf outings. When the rest of us "give" 40%, we face losing our homes.

The bottom line is WE ALL are now "in line" with our competition - whoever DL says that is today. Sorry - that includes pilots, too. Just be thankful you have the power to negotiate back some of what you've just lost. The rest of us are sheep and STILL won't vote for a union. Even though some of us (FAs for example) have had THREE paycuts - TOTALING JUST AS MUCH PERCENTAGE WISE AS YOU, and others (AMTs) are facing outsourcing.

So enough already with the "ME" attitude from you pilots. We've all had to suffer.

Oh god - that reply truly shows how disconnected pilots are from the rest of us non-union employees. Sorta how management is disconnected from the worker bees. You will get NO sympathy from ANY non-union employees for your huge "sacrifices." You know what? We've ALL had to sacrifice.

Again - pilots got their huge raises back when the rest of us got none. And hey - that's what your union does for you. But now, things have changed a bit. You are giving more than anyone else BECAUSE YOU MAKE FAR MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE. And you know, when you take your 40% paycut, you might have to sell your boat or curtail your golf outings. When the rest of us "give" 40%, we face losing our homes.

The bottom line is WE ALL are now "in line" with our competition - whoever DL says that is today. Sorry - that includes pilots, too. Just be thankful you have the power to negotiate back some of what you've just lost. The rest of us are sheep and STILL won't vote for a union. Even though some of us (FAs for example) have had THREE paycuts - TOTALING JUST AS MUCH PERCENTAGE WISE AS YOU, and others (AMTs) are facing outsourcing.

So enough already with the "ME" attitude from you pilots. We've all had to suffer.
Amen! :)