Delta's JFK Fiasco

Got some more details. The family member in question said they boarded the flight at JFK on the PM of 10/31 and waited a considerable amount of time before being told the flight had to be CNX'd. The explanation was that the crew thought originally the fix, whatever it was, could be made and the flight dispatched. So all were taken off the plane and booked on a flight the AM of 11/1. (So far, I can't criticize DL or its affiliate, but the saga continues).

The SYR passengers never arrived back in SYR until the afternoon of 11/1. A number of passengers' luggage, family member's included, did not make the flight. They encountered considerable rudeness from a baggage claim agent in SYR, who for some reason referred some of the passengers out to the counter, where they were met by still more rudeness. The family member had the presence of mind on the evening of 10/31 to start documenting events, all of which have been incorporated into an email sent to DL Customer Relations.

The funny thing is the family member received an automated email back acknowledging receipt of the message. This email stated it might take longer than usual to receive a formal reply because DL has been receiving a high volume of correspondence from its passengers lately. Wonder why???

I'm just thankful that tomorrow morning, as my bride and I set out on a trip from TUS to the East Coast, that we will be on AA.

Got some more details. The family member in question said they boarded the flight at JFK on the PM of 10/31 and waited a considerable amount of time before being told the flight had to be CNX'd. The explanation was that the crew thought originally the fix, whatever it was, could be made and the flight dispatched. So all were taken off the plane and booked on a flight the AM of 11/1. (So far, I can't criticize DL or its affiliate, but the saga continues).

The SYR passengers never arrived back in SYR until the afternoon of 11/1. A number of passengers' luggage, family member's included, did not make the flight. They encountered considerable rudeness from a baggage claim agent in SYR, who for some reason referred some of the passengers out to the counter, where they were met by still more rudeness. The family member had the presence of mind on the evening of 10/31 to start documenting events, all of which have been incorporated into an email sent to DL Customer Relations.

The funny thing is the family member received an automated email back acknowledging receipt of the message. This email stated it might take longer than usual to receive a formal reply because DL has been receiving a high volume of correspondence from its passengers lately. Wonder why???

I'm just thankful that tomorrow morning, as my bride and I set out on a trip from TUS to the East Coast, that we will be on AA.
Fly them or anyone else long enough and you will complain about them too... :down:

as annoying as an automated response is, the alternative is no response until the actual case is considered.

rudeness is never defensible but it is a pretty subjective assessemnt. not sure of the circumstances but it is understandable that after even 18 hrs of delay, people are upset.

hopefully DL's regional service bids that are to be announced later thismonth will include some changes including the replacement of Freedom - ok we can dream, can't we?

after all DL has gone through to get Freedom even up and flying - I doubt that!

I really thought this whole JFK thing looked good on paper, but so did the Patriots versus the Colts!!!

after all DL has gone through to get Freedom even up and flying - I doubt that!

Doubt is a good thing, but so is admitting you are wrong in the near future. Clarity is coming.

I really thought this whole JFK thing looked good on paper, but so did the Patriots versus the Colts!!!

While it may not be the most user-friendly/ease of pass approach, it is working. JFK will be built up even more in the near future. Look for more int'l and domestic flights added, especially when they reconfigure the apron.

You probably did. His connecting flight was on a Mesa operated DL Connection flight....meaning he isn't going anywhere.

Sorry, I know this link requires a subscription, but JoeSentMe.com took apart DL's operation at JFK today. The numbers for on-time, lost bags and such are terrible. According to this story, 17 of the 25 most delayed flights in the nation are Delta connection flights from JFK:

http://joe.biztravelife.com/joe.html

Mesa pilots came out w/ a press release expressing their concern about management's inability to address Mesa's operational issues. They also said they have no confidence in management's ability to run the company. They undoubtedly know that Mesa is on the verge of losing some of the contracts which management fought to win which will put some of them out on the streets.

Latest posts

Back