DEN-MEX, Another New Once-Weekly Seasonal Route

enilria,

Their is some sort of bilateral agreement with Mexicana in Denver. I don't know the full details, but it somehow limits the number of flights per week Mexicana can have. Or it might simply be an aircraft shortage issue.

When Mexicana announced MEX-DEN, it would run only 4x a week and in November would go to daily due to an aircraft shortage.

When Mexicana announced 4x weekly MEX-DEN, they announced they would be dropping PVR-DEN. Now when with MEX-DEN soon going to go daily starting November 4, they announced they would be dropping SJD-DEN. So that means no more Mexican resort destinations from Denver.

I don't think Mexicana will be dropping the Saturday MEX-DEN flight, as it hasn't even started yet. [:)]

United seasonal MEX-DEN service seems to also be seperate from Mexicana's MEX-DEN since the flight arrives very late. Although United even claims their new seasonal flight will be aimed to bring skiers and snowboarders from Mexico. Still strange though, as not everyone travels on Saturdays.

When they are on vacation (let's say a 1 week or 2 week vacation), they can travel on any day that they want and not strictly Saturday. [:)]

You are probably right though about the surplus aircraft on Saturdays reason.

Regards

----------------
On 8/24/2002 11:35:30 AM

chexfan,

Read that sentence again.

I said 100% O&D TO DEN. We are not talking about MEX here. We are ONLY talking about DEN.

When the flight departs Mexico City (MEX), every single one of those passengers are going TO Denver and are not making ANY connections with United in Denver. That's what I said, and that's what I meant.

I never said anything about the passengers originating in Mexico. I am sure many of them are coming from various places in Mexico. But that was not what I was talking about.
----------------
When you speak of "O_AND_D", it refers to both Origination and Destination. When you refer to "only on the DEN end" you somehow unliaterally decided to eliminate the conjunction "AND" and only consider half of the O&D concept.

You know I try and I try to understand your logic. Honestly, I do. I have come to the conclusion you are confused by your own words and their meaning.

Your statement and logic lacks the simple rule of "Reciprocal Implication"...

So let me help you out here. Instead of saying that the MX MEX-DEN flight is "100% O&D", simply say that "Everyone's final destination is DEN" (which is what you mean). Logically, the first statement implies the second, however the reverse (or reciprocal) is not true.

If you understood this, alot of bandwidth could have been saved.

chexfan,

Yes, O&D stands for Origin & Destination.

However, the Origin part does not have to include one end of the flight, while the Destination includes the other end.

Both can be associated with only ONE end of the flight which is what I am talking about.

People ORIGINATING in Denver, and people GOING to Denver (Destination). Their's O&D for you. Most people return back to where they came from (someone who lets say went from MEX to DEN, now wants to go back home so he flies DEN to MEX obviously).

Latest posts