DFW Delay Resolution

Jager

Senior
Jun 26, 2008
Gentlemen help me out here…

I’ve been through the sine wave turmoil’s of the airline business for the last 25 years..

Delays seems to be the number one focal point for the DFW Aircraft Maintenance Management..

We’ve had 3 consulting groups over the past few years to determine the underscoring issues factoring into departure delays.. Millions of dollars have been spent on these “college grads†with “zero airline experience†to determine such resolutions.. I’ve seen all the charts and formulas for rectifying the quandary… Even sat in on the meetings to add input.. Two extremely important elements were never addressed nor factored into the equation…

We’ve had:

Gate Manning, Critical Departures, Break Room Parts Inventory, Hot Shot Parts Van, Outside Rovers, Outside Crew Chiefs, OTS Crews, Mel Crews, Outside Supervisors, 2 Supervisors per Section, Radio Communication, Trip Manning, and 3 Consulting Groups..

None of this has worked!!!!

Due to the absence of addressing MORAL and COMPENSATION..

I have a great proposal for management striving to alleviate this delay problem at DFW..

Lets try recommencement of the pre-concessionary contract in it’s complete form for just one month!!!

Gentlemen, we’ve tried everything else, this would be a great test…

If anyone is listening…………….IT WILL WORK…

Yea and add in some sort of job security and some security from going into the bump and roll roller coaster ride again like 2003, we all like where we are right now and like to keep it that way...

The fact the company keep hiring consulting groups tells the story.Upper management has no confidence in their front line managers.The fact remains we still have some managers left that could very well run the operation with half of the current head count....Radios will not fix the delay problem they seem to be harping on.....Delays have improved,but only due to the fact that
Less flights are in the air and the system is less stressed.The operation at DFW is underfunded and lacks essential equipment...Add on the fact that moral is at an all time low!!!!The company is dragging out contract negotiations....Big supprise!!!! It wont be fixed until,we have a real leader with integrity and a clear plan for the company!!!It starts at the top and trickles down.A fair contract with real compensation for real improvements.To date all has been smoke and mirrors,lies and deception......

Jager & Chris Perry:

What you're suggesting is common sense - the company will have none of that.

Let's spend a few million more on consultants, get really serious about crapping on the employees, and run the company aground so CFO Horton can have his bankruptcy, get rid of all maintenance and most obligations as he has made no secret about desiring to do numerous times.

That alone would rate a major bonus, don't you think?

And why not solve the low hanging fruit at DFW - Gates being available. Why are aircraft waiting for equipment to be moved, Having a gate agent to meet the flight, having someone to marshal the plane in. In the last few months at DFW this is what has been making my 30 minute early flights turn into 20 minute late flights.