Lay down your burden

Well looks like this discussion is now moot , my “source†that I trust within our union has told me that from the information they’ve been gathering it looks like this is gonna pass by a safe margin , so TA TA for now! If they vanish me to the corn field oh well lol Now I’ll have money so I can go out and DO things hahaha , ah it’s nice not to have to worry anymore .. Well best of luck to you in organizing your NO campaign , my prediction is that it doesn’t go too far , campaigns require work , unpaid work ha ha ha

Sorry I don’t mean to gloat (well not too much anyways )lol , to all of you who think things will be worse you need to check yourself right now , if your in the awa contract or a class two station this will significantly improve your life , if your in a class one station , your going to get a raise ..

I want all of you to look at where your at right now and HOLD onto your anger , I want you to STAY DETRMINED , so that when the next contract rolls around and we are ALL on the same page we can advance as ONE force to make a difference , and NEXT time will get a lot more ……because we will ALL be ONE ….

And one more thing , to everyone who came out of nowhere suddenly concerned about this , I want you to ask yourself an honest question , take a hard look at yourself , when is the last time you went to a union meeting ? A protest , a picket? When is the last time you volunteered to help your union ? If you can’t remember then know this , when the next contract rolls around and people are asking for opinions , yours will be the ones with the least weight .
See you in the voting line ! :lol:
freedom...are you eating that crow yet? This is exactly what has happened at UPS ---part timers vote on FT livliehood!!! Only concerned with the here and now not the FUTURE. Wow, I am a westie too and freedom--I feel bad for you and you yes votee friends...

Go out and do things? You'd better pile up the hours and bank some serious ducats, your station may well be gone when the contract becomes amendable in a few years.

If they can outsource it, they will.
I am convinced the hubs do not know what "outsource" means......so sad....educate my friends!

Ahhhhh,

I love nostalgia!
Makes you wonder how time flies by. Things change don't they..................................

Freedom remember the good old days

Posted on: Feb 15 2006, 04:03 AM

Soon the general election will be upon us . I'm a us airways worker in the west formerly america west airlines.I can't spreak for everyone in the us airways company , but i personally beleive that TWU will win the election .Here in the west we are now almost solidly TWU . We were at 85 % before the PHL incident , now i'd say we're closer to 90 plus . While the IAM contact has more money and a defined pension benfit plan alot of us here just can't stomach the lack of vaction , sick pay , paying for your own uniforms etc not to mention that the TWU contract is up for negoation.To IAM i'd like to say this " Just let it go " .If your a memeber of IAM i seriously suggest you consider what the future will hold for you under TWU and what you would like to see in the next contract .

your friend
Mr Freedom

sorry allstike but no it CANNOT WAIT ... we have been waiting for what seems like FOREVER ,i've said it before and i'll say it again , if you want to see the frustriation, sorrow and despair of the west workers , log onto compass and watch the PHX town halls fleet meeting with doug , you should watch the first one in the morning in that it is particulary moving ... WATCH IT!

i am sick and tired of people telling us to wait and be patient , well we've waited and now it's time .... bla bla bla if you win the arbitration , that could take YEARS , in the mean time will all be returning to the welfare office so we can get by , i think NOT....

It is time for this union to head in a new direction ... i mean you don't even TRUST your own leadership !? Hey everyone , do you want to know what the Easts plan for the future is ? ARBITRATION award, and if that fails they don't have a plan B ....
What i'm trying to get at , is if you don't trust your leaders don't expect a damn thing better than this .... what we have now is the opptunity to take a time out , with an all around pay raise and REBUILD our union ...

this contract strengthens ALL of us , class one stations , west , and class two stations , AND it protects our jobs AND it gives us ONE goal for the next contract .... i think it is YOU in the EAST who need to be patient , rome was not built in a day , nor shall you return to what you once had with this contract overnight .
Freedom, look up at the scoreboard. A yes vote is NOT a vote for the contract. This contract went down in flames at a rate of 68% and will most likely end up 75% No's. Everyone at this point should vote NO. A Yes vote is for Parker, a no vote is for solidarity at this time.

What's worse, is the moderators told me that fleet service only gets one thread per week I think. I hope your new thread doesn't seal the deal on the new thread rule for a week.

regards,