Lay down your burden

yes these cities COULD be farmed out , but i'd like to think that the quality of our work is such that the company would rather keep things inhouse rather than sell it's self off .

Don't think for a moment that high quality work will save a station from being farmed out. I'm sure the EST guys in AVP, DEN, ABE, ERI and so on did fantastic work. And where did it get them?

At the end of the day, if it's allowed in the CBA, the company will do it.

This TA is alot better than what the East currently has as far as station protections go , and if we turn down this contract and win the arbitration the company could begin farming out alot more stations to recoupe their losses , just a thought .

look the JNC all agree on ratification of this contract so it can't be that bad nor put that many union jobs at risk , because any union jobs lost is dues lost to the iam , am i right ? isn't that how they think ?

The unions today *are* dues machines, but it won't matter, because they won't have a leg to stand on contractually. As for recouping losses, when the axe starts to fall on your membership, look for your monthly rates to go up to absorb the loss.

Besides if our man who represents the west says it's a good contract then i belive him . I don't know any of the other union leaders and i know you don't trust yours , but i trust mine because i've worked with the man , seen he's honest and that he truly cares about his fellow workers.

I'm glad there's a man in the union you can trust (really), but does *he* have the correct information regarding the T/A? Trust but verify comes to mind here.

He can care all he wants, and when things go south he can get mad as hell, but the only solution he'll be able to offer is to tell you, "they can do that, brother."

Look, I know you're tired of being broke, but the bottom line is this: The best pay scale in the world doesn't mean anything if there's no scope to back it up.

Don't think for a moment that high quality work will save a station from being farmed out. I'm sure the EST guys in AVP, DEN, ABE, ERI and so on did fantastic work. And where did it get them?

At the end of the day, if it's allowed in the CBA, the company will do it.
The unions today *are* dues machines, but it won't matter, because they won't have a leg to stand on contractually. As for recouping losses, when the axe starts to fall on your membership, look for your monthly rates to go up to absorb the loss.
I'm glad there's a man in the union you can trust (really), but does *he* have the correct information regarding the T/A? Trust but verify comes to mind here.

He can care all he wants, and when things go south he can get mad as hell, but the only solution he'll be able to offer is to tell you, "they can do that, brother."

Look, I know you're tired of being broke, but the bottom line is this: The best pay scale in the world doesn't mean anything if there's no scope to back it up.

well if i read the proposed contract right it did seem in my mind to offer SOME scope protection better than what is currently in the IAM contract , the east guys would be able to clarify that ..

i know your in one of our field stations so you want the greatest level of scope possible , but i don't think it's going to get better than this , ask yourself why this contract has alot of people wanting to vote it down? Because they don't feel it advances their self interests far enough ....

On any new contract you can proably expect to see the furlouged people get kicked to the curb and you'll be next to them because if the majority of the workers can trade your scope for increased pay you and i both know they will hell yes it in .

Freedom, on ever new contract you keep people from being furloughed, you fight harder to get a better contract from before. I had hope for you last night but after reading the vulgarity in your thread today I can see you might always need a shop steward to avoid getting canned from this company.
Not only are you a follower as you stated last night , you are looking for someone to make up your mind because you yourself are not getting the picture. Just find someone who you know that can pick apart the TA and have them explain what you would be losing sentence by sentence. In my city of brotherly love you would be pegged as one who has been drinking the kool-aid for too long. You are a novice at this lets face it, find someone to give you some guidance.

EDIT , oh yeah , and ONE MORE THING

oh i SEE , NOW you want to fight ? really , you waited until the last possible moment to BECOME INVOLVED??? my goodness , could it be because the arbitration award could be lost or given away???

it is TOO LATE to start fighting , we HAVE been fighting for a LONG time , where have you been hiding huh ??????????

To all of you who have suddely popped out of nowhere and are now rasising hell , i have news for you ,if this gets voted down then the ball is in YOUR court .... that means YOU will be the ones atteneding the rallies and protests .

For one thing, I saw the writing on the wall a number of years ago and left US for a better paying job. Yes there are such things, and believe or not you are qualified to do it. I happen to have a lot of friends who are still at the airport, like you trying to get by and hoping for the best.

I remember how things were before Piedmont came along and Buf Phl Bos and Pit were represented by the IBT, but with Piedmont that went out the window and with it so did a great company. I was there when the company took and took and took. I was there when the IAM came in and promised the world and failed to deliver. With that I left. You can only string a person along for so long.

No Freedom, you see I do know what is going on, I have seen better days at US and realize that the problems you face cannot be blamed on 911 alone, though that is a nice way for management to assign blame.

You have a choice, and that choice should be a NO vote. You might just lose your job, but regain your dignity, then again you might get off your arse and apply yourself and find a better job and a better life!

Freedom the fight has been on for years,this is just another round and the bell just rang again.For fleet it started when the company promised how well things would be without a union after the Piedmont merger.The company took everything they could and hasnt stoped since.

Fleet has not been under the IAM that many years.The ones it has,have been filled with BK's,( redacted thanks 700 ) mechanics went on strike in 92 and almost again latter on( better yes ).Picket line crossers and the lot.The fight has been to get fleet under this union along with mech's and related to make the numbers stronger.BK's slowed that down but has not stopped it.

At ont time the mech's and fleet could care less about each other but the bond has grown and the past has been set aside in alot of cases.I have freinds in fleet and see them everyday.Work hand and hand trying to get stuff done every night.All by the book but our paths do cross.I see the sufering and I see the abuse.Ive yelled at fleet managers on there behalf,and Ive yelled at fleet workers just like they yell at me some times.Its a good relationship thats getting stronger.And you know what,that worries this company.The fact that mechanics cover the back's of ramp guys and vice versa.Cause that is strength.And that is the fight we have been fighting.It does little good to stand on a street corner in PHL and carry a sighn.Were is the press daily man.I have foreman that have read your T/A and said that sux.The people bringing this to you know its part of the game,if you vote yes the company wins,why they would say vote yes is another story but not the one you think.

The IAM reps are doing there thing,the members on the front lines are doing something differant,working together,growing together cause they know from the past fighting among our selfs is no good.The IAM elected and appointed know this is there last shot to get this right on this property.They bit kicked and scrathed last year to keep the Teamsters out.Drew blood on the TWU and face jail for some of them.Ya they want a yes vote,then there safe till 2012.My advise is make them earn it.Send this crap back.And I hope the moderator see's fit to spare you from the corn feild for your frustration. :up: :up: :up:

The ramp was organized in 1995, M&R went on Strike in October of 1992. That is the only strike ever on US property.

Well looks like this discussion is now moot , my “source†that I trust within our union has told me that from the information they’ve been gathering it looks like this is gonna pass by a safe margin , so TA TA for now! If they vanish me to the corn field oh well lol Now I’ll have money so I can go out and DO things hahaha , ah it’s nice not to have to worry anymore .. Well best of luck to you in organizing your NO campaign , my prediction is that it doesn’t go too far , campaigns require work , unpaid work ha ha ha

Sorry I don’t mean to gloat (well not too much anyways )lol , to all of you who think things will be worse you need to check yourself right now , if your in the awa contract or a class two station this will significantly improve your life , if your in a class one station , your going to get a raise ..

I want all of you to look at where your at right now and HOLD onto your anger , I want you to STAY DETRMINED , so that when the next contract rolls around and we are ALL on the same page we can advance as ONE force to make a difference , and NEXT time will get a lot more ……because we will ALL be ONE ….

And one more thing , to everyone who came out of nowhere suddenly concerned about this , I want you to ask yourself an honest question , take a hard look at yourself , when is the last time you went to a union meeting ? A protest , a picket? When is the last time you volunteered to help your union ? If you can’t remember then know this , when the next contract rolls around and people are asking for opinions , yours will be the ones with the least weight .

See you in the voting line ! :lol:

Well Im looking up the crow cook book now,hope its you not me.Best wish's.On sept 6 we feast.........your sourse is invited also.

Freedom please keep this in mind - when the mechanics passed our contract in 98 we were all told next time we'll get them. But there is no time like the present, here we are 9 years later and still looking for the get evens. Some of our members have not had a pay raise since 98 and most of us not since 03 so we understand just wanting something. What you are being offered and backing is an embarasement to you and your coworkers. I have worked ramp in the past and now I watch you guys busting butt for what you get paid. You all deserve far better than what is being put infront of you now. There is no time like the present to put your foot down and tell them both the IAM and the Company "NO - I DESERVE BETTER" This TA gives up far too much.

sorry it took me a minute to figure out what you ment ....

After seeing what has happened to the EAST pilots there is no WAY i would want to entrust my future to an arbitrator .. once again , i don't belive in taking unnecessary risks ....

You dont belong in the private sector, you should look for a Government job.

If this agreement extends the terms one minute beyond the current date that alone is enough reasn to reject. Why should you give the company 10 years of huge concesssions?

The IAM has failed you. With all the job eliminations and paycuts revenue to the IAM must be much less than it used to be, did any IAM officials take pay and benifits cuts? The IAM screwed you by convincing you to agree to the contract thats in place today, you should try for a new union.

no i'm just an impoverished WEST WORKER WHO'S BEEN MAKING CRAP FOR WAGES FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm #### sick of it all!!!! how the #### much longer do you want us to WAIT!!!!!!! i mean who the #### are you to tell me i have to stay impovershied for a few more years , go #### yourself! I'M SICK AND TIRED OF BEING POOR!!!!!!!we need to VOTE THIS IN and make some MONEY!!!!!

oh i SEE , NOW you want to fight ? really , you waited until the last possible moment to BECOME INVOLVED??? my goodness , could it be because the arbitration award could be lost or given away???

i haven't said this until now , but from my end i've had this feeling that the west workers have been the ONLY ones fighting for a new contract , while the east workers have been content to rest on their laurels and let the arbitration case play out ....

it is TOO LATE to start fighting , we HAVE been fighting for a LONG time , where have you been hiding huh ??????????

To all of you who have suddely popped out of nowhere and are now rasising hell , i have news for you ,if this gets voted down then the ball is in YOUR court .... that means YOU will be the ones atteneding the rallies and protests . Thats right , your going to have to go OUTSIDE away from your computer , you might have to Sacrifice your precious free time , non paid to advance the cause !! you will be the ones handing out pamplets and informing people about what's going on . While your doing this , i'm going to be sitting at home drinking a beer watching football the way you have ,for the last serval years while myself and some of your union co workers have been out fighting !!!!!!!!!

If this goes down your going to get exactly whatever it is that you want but don't quite yet know , or even know how to get what you want .

oh and one more thing , unions require participation , and no sitting at home writing angry messages on usaviation does NOT count .

Hey moderator ....... Doesn't the f word get you a time out?......... I think Freedom needs a time out...............I for one take offense to his language........ :down: :shock: :down:

no i'm just an impoverished WEST WORKER WHO'S BEEN MAKING CRAP FOR WAGES FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm sick of it all!!!! how the #### much longer do you want us to WAIT!!!!!!! i mean who the #### are you to tell me i have to stay impovershied for a few more years , go #### yourself! I'M SICK AND TIRED OF BEING POOR!!!!!!!we need to VOTE THIS IN and make some MONEY!!!!!

i haven't said this until now , but from my end i've had this feeling that the west workers have been the ONLY ones fighting for a new contract , while the east workers have been content to rest on their laurels and let the arbitration case play out ....

To all of you who have suddely popped out of nowhere and are now rasising hell , i have news for you ,if this gets voted down then the ball is in YOUR court .... that means YOU will be the ones atteneding the rallies and protests . Thats right , your going to have to go OUTSIDE away from your computer , you might have to Sacrifice your precious free time , non paid to advance the cause !! you will be the ones handing out pamplets and informing people about what's going on . While your doing this , i'm going to be sitting at home drinking a beer watching football the way you have ,for the last serval years while myself and some of your union co workers have been out fighting !!!!!!!!!

If this goes down your going to get exactly whatever it is that you want but don't quite yet know , or even know how to get what you want .

oh and one more thing , unions require participation , and no sitting at home writing angry messages on usaviation does NOT count .

Moderator Note:
Inproper word deleted by moderator. Next time you will get time off without farther warning.
Freedom, I can really respect your desire to make more money. We all want to make better wages!! You have to look at the whole package in one. I am a west fa, and let me tell you, don't vote on first instinct!! I did, and have had to deal with our horrid contract for the past 8yrs.. You need to take a deep breath, and really think about things. You will not be making money right away!!! Think about it. The health care pgks have gone up so high, more of your wage is going towards that too. You guys on the West went for the first contract you got during negotiations last time around. Give it a chance! If you fold to the company, you lose, and so does the rest of us frontline employees. Money is great, a raise is great, but bottom line, your dignity means more! This is a major ploy to convince you this is the best, and only contract to be voted in. B.S. I guarantee there is a far better solution,via arbitaration to getting a better contract. Don't let this company make you an example for the rest of us. Just say NO. :up:

• For the period from the effective date of this Agreement the Company will not outsource
normal and customary ramp work as described in Article 4.A.1 at any station where that work
is currently being performed by Fleet Service Employees of US Airways / America West
providing such station maintains more than fourteen (14) scheduled jet departures weekly
(calculated on an annualized basis based on the time frame outlined in the CBA).

This says nothing about Mainline vs. Express...as stated jet departures

Sorry I didn't see this sooner...

On the 141 website, on the T/A highlight sheet, it explicitly says "14 scheduled weekly mainline jet departures on an annualized basis."

Check it out for yourself here.

All the more reason that the "no" voters are/were right! :up:

Latest posts