District 142 Machinist Update

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
December 17, 2004

US Airways Update
Bankruptcy Hearings and Negotiations Continue

The bankruptcy hearings on US Airways’ 1113© and 1114 motions to terminate labor agreements and retiree insurance benefits concluded today in Alexandria, VA. Judge Mitchell will rule on US Airways’ motions on January 6, 2005.

Grand Lodge Representative Joe Adinolfi and District 142 Representative Tom Regan testified on the status of discussions with US Airways. Both clearly explained to the court that our goal was not simply to reach an agreement with the company, but to reach an agreement that can be ratified by the membership and minimizes the burden inflicted on our retirees.

The District 142 1113© and 1114 committees are directing our full energies and best efforts to reach consensual agreements with US Airways. However, US Airways is adamant that all their cost cutting targets must be met.

Your Committee is well aware of the potential consequences of the 1113© process, but any consensual agreement must preserve the economic livelihood of IAM members at US Airways. Protecting your job security, wages and benefits remains your Negotiating Committee’s primary focus. We represent the interests of airline workers, not airlines.

We expect to have either a tentative agreement that is fair and just or, failing that, the company’s final offer to present to the membership for review and ratification before the bankruptcy court issues a ruling.

We understand that much needs to be done in order to reach an agreement and complete the ratification process in such a short time frame, especially over the holidays, but your negotiators are committed to getting it done.

If US Airways management is equally committed to completing agreements, I am confident they will be reached quickly. If management’s true goal is to abrogate our contracts, it will be clear through their final proposal, which will be presented to you absent a consensual agreement.

We will update you of any new developments.

Sincerely and fraternally,
William O'Driscoll
PRESIDENT-DIRECTING
GENERAL CHAIRMAN

Bill Freiberger
Tony Giammarco
GENERAL CHAIRPERSONS

Tom Regan
SPECIAL REPRESENTATIVE

Tom Belmont
Bill Hoogenhout
Frank Schifano
Negotiating Committee

If management’s true goal is to abrogate our contracts, it will be clear through their final proposal, which will be presented to you absent a consensual agreement.
i hope you all realize the magnetude of this....
320pilot....its comin' your way dude....... :down:
THE SKY IS FALLING

if the iam is there to protect airline workers, they sure as heck didnt protect us in the cities alreayd turned into mainline express and in select cases whereas the ramp was outsourced. i guess it was because we had to subsidize the ones in the larger phl market. God only knows what will be next for us the poor folks in the mainline express cities. i am not complaining just explaining the truth of what our union did to stations like abe avp day mem btv etc etc.. i just hope one day we could get a better pay rate than the one that we have at 13.01 an hr but my hopes of that happening are slim to none

This is IAM District 142 Mechanic and Related, not IAM District 141 Fleet Service.

Gee, another wisdom filled reply from you.

Differant Districts, differant officers, representatives and negotiating committees.

If your took off your union-hating glasses and educated yourself a little, you might comprehend things.

Another thought, if US is succesful in outsourcing base mtc, guess you will be looking for a new job then.

700UW said:
This is IAM District 142 Mechanic and Related, not IAM District 141 Fleet Service.
[post="229676"][/post]​
what is the difference between district 141 and 142 even though they represent mech and related and fleet service and related?

District 142 represents the mechanic and related at US Airways, it has nothing to do with District 141 who represents Fleet Service at US Airways, (there is not and related with Fleet).

District 142

District 141

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Just dishing out a taste of your own medicine.
With regards to who or what part of the IAM, it is still the "IAM".
For once 700, please, take responsibility for something.

Funny, I am such a union hater, but my wife is in a union and was just asked to be part of an information team for the other members for the next negotiations. I support her and her union fully. Of course the better her union does for her, the more money in her pocket. So go UNIONS!!! :up:

There are over 700,000 current and retired IAM members they are all not the same.

There are numerous differant sectors the IAM represents.

And if you knew the Transportation Departments structure you would know that Fleet and M&R are in two seperate districts, each with their own leadership and they are totally independant of each other.

It sounds like blah blah again. Admit it, the IAM negotiated the last package and in it, the company was allowed to turn mainline cities to mainline express like the last poster wrote. The IAM.

The IAM District 141 Negotiating Committee did that and the IAM District 141 Fleet Service Members voted the contract in.

Mechanic and Related did not vote on it, nor anyother IAM Airline represented employee.

Your play on words is worthless.

The Transportation Department provides the expertise and special services required by workers in the airline and railroad Industries. Under the direction of General Vice President Robert Roach, Jr., the Transportation Department, located at IAM Headquarters, services nearly 140,000 airline and railroad employees.

Did not see ALL 140,000 IAM Transportation Department Members vote on it either!

Better go polish up that resume, your boss wants to shut your base down.

700UW said:
Your play on words is worthless.

Better go polish up that resume, your boss wants to shut your base down.
[post="229686"][/post]​

You would know both about playing with words and useless ranting. Consider yourself an expert.

As a matter of fact my resume is shining like a star, and two important people from other companies have it sitting on a floppy waiting to print it when I ask them the favor. How's yours. When is the last time you updated it with anything? This company did good for me. I work, they pay me and I surivive. I also got a lot of experience beyond being a mechanic and put some other things on my resume that I already KNOW will help me when and if I need it. ;)

PineyBob said:
HMMMM Interesting! When our troops shoot an armed Iraqi they don't stop to ask "Hey are you Sunni or Shiite"? before they fire do they?

IAM is the IAM period and if they don't support their members (Witness Deano's story) unless they walk in lockstep with hidebound leadership that is so out of touch on every level. Leaders with salaries rivaling US Executuves and in one case EXCEEDING Mr. Neeleman's Salary at Jet Blue. Please note I said Salary NOT stock options, because near as I can tell IAM leadership has NEVER done ANYTHING to build value either for it's members or the companies they are involved in. They do seem to benefit nicely from the genorosity/blindness of its dues paying members.

Thanks to the "Leadership" of IAM all of it's US members stand at the brink of a really rotten devils bargain. But hey what do I know just another meddling whining elite whose loyalty along with many others is the reason this Airline isn't in the "Airlines of the Past" category.
[post="229773"][/post]​

Once again you are wrong.

Bruce Lakefield makes $425,000 a year,

In 2002, David Neeleman raked in $327,279 in total compensation including stock option grants from JetBlue Airways Corp in total compensation including stock option grants from JetBlue Airways Corp.. $200,000 was in salary and he reiceived a $90,000 bonus.

In 2003 he recieved $200,000 in salary and a $95,000 bonus, Gee Bobby you were wrong again!

JetBlue Exectutive Compensation

Lets see Siegel made $750,000 then $600,000 in salary, gee Jetblue is profitble yet US is not.

Lets see the IAM has give concessions since 1992, and the mechanic and related gave concessions in bankruptcy one twice for a total of $267 Million per year.

So the leadership has reacted, but when you want to wipeout the maintenance department by 50% and fleet service by 50%, there is no way the membership will vote themselves out of a job. No other work group is being asked to give up as much as maintenance and fleet. You go to the 7,000+ members house and explain to them and their family to VOTE themselves OUT of a job.

The IAM finds the company's proposal so drastic that it fears ratification would be nearly impossible.

The airline has been asking the IAM to take the steepest cuts of all its unions, including the ability to outsource all 4,259 fleet-service jobs. Because the that proposal could cut more than 50 percent of IAM jobs, there's likely no way the union could get 50 percent of the membership to vote for it, IAM attorney Sharon Levine said in court Friday.

That leaves the baggage handlers and machinists, who are being asked to give up about $100 million and $254 million, respectively. The company is asking to out-source much of their work, which would produce thousands of job losses. The baggage handlers union, hoping to avoid that fate, expects to give the company a written counterproposal this week that de-emphasizes the outsourcing in favor of other cuts.

See Bobby Boy you are an outsider looking in who is terrified of Management lets just go back to your Anti-Glass posting that you took down because you were scared about losing your miles after a certain e-mail you got. How is your buddy Chris Chiames doing?

Your anti-union hatred spews with each post, you don't work here, you are not living it so why don't you just give it up all ready.

I have proved you wrong on compensation numerous times and what IAM leaders make and what US Airways "leadership" makes. Keep trying there Bobby Boy you might get it right one of these days, but by then US will be an Airline of the Past due to inept and incompetent management who lined their back accounts out of the employees wallets.

Give it a rest Bobby Boy, you don't have a dog in this fight.