DL Opens Arrivals Lounge at LHR T3

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Just received the following by email:

ENJOY THE DELTA ARRIVALS LOUNGE, NOW OPEN AT LONDON-HEATHROW.
Next time you land in London before you book it to Big Ben or your business meeting check out the new Delta Arrivals Lounge, now open in London-Heathrow's Terminal 3.

BusinessElite® passengers, as well as Diamond and Platinum Medallion® members can enjoy the lounge and its top-notch amenities. Step inside to:
Freshen up in one of 11 shower rooms
Savor a light breakfast buffet, including a selection of pastries, cereals, fresh juices and Starbucks coffee, or enjoy one of our fresh cooked-to-order breakfasts
Stay connected with complimentary Wi-Fi and print services
Relax with the morning's newspapers
Enjoy clothes pressing and shoe shine services
Get travel assistance from Virgin Atlantic's friendly personnel
Upon entry, please check in with the Delta Arrivals Lounge staff. Then, start your London adventure with all the comfort and amenities of this new premium space.[\quote]

Interesting to see this and I believe this is both DLs only Arrivals Lounge and second lounge concept (BE Lounges were eliminated at ATL/CVG/JFK during the 2008 downturn and subsequent cost cutting)

Wondering if longer term DL will work to gain sufficient gates to move the ATL/DTW/MSP flights to T3.

Josh

You have to walk outside past all the smokers to get to it - the funny part you have to walk past the VS lounge - some partnership with VS

Good thing DL finally caught up to AA with an arrivals lounge

Reactions: 1 person
DL has showers at multiple hubs and arriving qualifying passengers are allowed to use them.

the main difference is security access.

I'm glad DL allowed you to shower - now a decade or so since AA has had an arrivals lounge in LHR you can now shower in LHR - nice try changing topics this was about LHR not were DL allows you to shower

Should we ask the moderators to close this thread

Reactions: 1 person
737823 said:
Wondering if longer term DL will work to gain sufficient gates to move the ATL/DTW/MSP flights to T3.

Josh
That is the plan. Waiting for the new terminals to get done and everyone else where they are going to be. 

737823 said:

topDawg said:
That is the plan. Waiting for the new terminals to get done and everyone else where they are going to be. 

I thought the plan was to have skyteam carriers consolidated at T4?

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:

I thought the plan was to have skyteam carriers consolidated at T4?
not enough room for SkyTeam plus Virgin at T4. Delta said that since they have very limited connections at LHR to other SkyTeam carriers they would move over to T3 to be with Virgin. 

In an ideal world Virgin would move to T4 or SkyTeam to T3 but the room isn't there...