Does American Airlines survive?

Does AA survive? YES. Mgmt survives, according to a recent Dallas news article stating that upon BK emergence as standalone company, Mgmt will share a windfall in bonus money, from $300 to $600 million. All payed for by labor concessions. Now how does that grab ya? Got a warm and fuzzy feeling yet? Remember the true definition of insanity.

Do I have time to get into Management & high enough to get some of that cash ..... LOL
Management's not insane they know exactly what their doing .... getting rich, the Union Members are the insane ones for not fighting back & getting some of the cash too.

Do I have time to get into Management & high enough to get some of that cash ..... LOL
Management's not insane they know exactly what their doing .... getting rich, the Union Members are the insane ones for not fighting back & getting some of the cash too.

The likely definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over, then expect diifferent results. Mgmt has been hammering us down over and over in the past 9 years expecting concession after concession, and now they want cooperation after all the BK union busting. That is insanity. And, they can't see the logic.

Good luck going to the darkside now. Maybe you'll have some luck as a contract supervisor, ha ha.

The likely definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over, then expect diifferent results. Mgmt has been hammering us down over and over in the past 9 years expecting concession after concession, and now they want cooperation after all the BK union busting. That is insanity. And, they can't see the logic.

Management always wins, they want out like many of us so their looking for the big payday so they can get out & live the life of luxury, anyone with any sense will be looking for a way out of this industry, if your expecting a long prosperous career in Aviation these days then your delusional, in the next 10 years the s&@t is really going to hit the fan & pay & benefits will be rock bottom.

American has been doing it for years.
With out good success. Customer service is not good and with the way they are treating us I do not see improvement in the near future.
With out good labor relations is very hard to succed. Looks like AA careless about this.

The name may survive forever, but the company most of us knew went out of business years ago. :huh:
Recall the Dennis the Las Vegas mechanic and his justified RANT. Now set up a face to face meeting with Dennis and E. Oh, and don't forget the referee.

I feel AA will survive and last as long as other carriers. As far as the clash between rank and file and management,outside of southwest,most of the carriers have infighting with management.Nothing new, AA has brand recognition,major city hubs,a far reaching route system,tie in's with BA,JAL and IB,and a large widebody fleet. With down gauging from mainline to regional lift to smaller cities,costs will drop. Most people don;t realize that the new normal is here,no sense talking of how it used to be,those days are gone.
Look at all airways has been through over the years and their still here. I don't see the benefit of merging with airways though,they bring very little to AA. Their second tier hubs,small widebody fleet and still after some years labor rancor. AA has a good chance of staying AA.

Go to any airline forum on FlyerTalk and there will be somebody saying much the same about every airline. Face it, the industry of today is a lot less "customer service" and a lot more "mass transportation" oriented. Gone are the days when even the lowest price ticket included two checked bags, assignment of any coach seat, hot meals, etc. All with 65-75% load factors so there was a pretty good chance of having an empty seat beside you.

Jim

Amen. The good old days are just a memory. There not coming back no matter what Doug Parker says. I remember flying youth standby on TWA and the full course meal,a comfortable seat pitch,and great inflight service.

Does AA survive? YES. Mgmt survives, according to a recent Dallas news article stating that upon BK emergence as standalone company, Mgmt will share a windfall in bonus money, from $300 to $600 million. All payed for by labor concessions. Now how does that grab ya? Got a warm and fuzzy feeling yet? Remember the true definition of insanity.

Remember this, you had a life before AA.

Reactions: 1 person