Don't Downsize The Compassion

whlinder

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
IAD
www.playandmusic.com
Don't downsize the compassion

Fairness and good communication can help companies like US Airways, and their employees, get through troubled times.

By Jane M. Von Bergen and Tom Belden

Inquirer Staff Writers

Johnna Kelbaugh, 70, couldn't believe what she was hearing last Sunday as she waited nearly an hour for her luggage in the US Airways baggage claim area at Philadelphia International Airport.

A voice on the public-address system announced, "Due to the fact the employees have had a 20 percent cut in pay, it will be up to an hour and a half until you get your bags," recalled Kelbaugh, of Fairless Hills, who was returning from Las Vegas.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/business/9997432.htm?1c

(I didn't see this posted elsewhere, if it is, I apologize)

Bottom line is no one is taking Overtime and Managements Aliblity to Staff the Station correctly is coming thru. If the had the Station Staffed correctly, this would not happen. Three Agents CAN NOT work 2 B757's at the same time.

Were we surviving on overtime and Managements ability to staff before the ruling of the 21% paycut? It was always a mess in PHL because of its size and all, but it is hard to deny that things got seriously worse after the ruling.

Hmmmmm?

No Management HAS NEVER staffed PHL correctly. It has been Living on OT for YEARS................And I will Leave when the Doors Close. Management has a responsiblilty to its Employees, Share Holders and Customers. We Built this Franchise and they need to remember that.

i remember working in bos and we had a lot of overtime up there. i dont know if it still that way or not. but if usiar hadnt laid too many people off may be that would have made the difference bnut who knows.