Douggie Cashes Out

The whining here is nothing more than paycheck envy.

CEOs have always made more money than their grunts. In many cases, LOTS more money. Always have, always will.

I feel bad for the grunts who lost their pensions and took massive paycuts that enabled this CEO's stock options to make him very wealthy. But that's the way the world works.

Not everyone is cut out to be corporate slime. Who could you trust if every one was?

"Back in the day", AWA employees HAD to buy stock as a condition of employment. There are many still with a bad taste in their mouth from that.
I was one of them, but, I didn't lose any real money, as I was able to write it off on my income tax due to the fact that I had to buy it.

I remember the day we did Chapter 11, I had to go to the HQ that day and there was a real weird vibe around there and I saw Beauvais and he looked like a train hit him. They announced it around 6 or 7 pm that night, and I went by the building and all the cameras were set up and focused on Ed's office. The TV station were desperate to get a quote from anyone even remotely near the building, but we all said no way....

CEOs have always made more money than their grunts. In many cases, LOTS more money. Always have, always will.

I feel bad for the grunts who lost their pensions and took massive paycuts that enabled this CEO's stock options to make him very wealthy. But that's the way the world works.

I am sure the employees will remember. And any additional BK of USAirways, by law, will never be a restructuring, but rather a liquidation.

So, its about labor now and going forward.

How true.....nothing unique to the airline industry.

I would love this country to be a bit like Japan.
Where Exec's of companies never make more than the highest paid employee. And it is capped at $250,000. It is also a disgrace to reward yourself a huge settlement and you will be shunned from society.

But i guess i have to wake up. This is republican territory. Capitalism at its worst. Doug just took his 12 million just before gas tops $200/barrel. Cause guess where the stock is going next if that happens?
W for Worst!

I would love this country to be a bit like Japan.
Where Exec's of companies never make more than the highest paid employee. And it is capped at $250,000. It is also a disgrace to reward yourself a huge settlement and you will be shunned from society.

But i guess i have to wake up. This is republican territory. Capitalism at its worst. Doug just took his 12 million just before gas tops $200/barrel. Cause guess where the stock is going next if that happens?
W for Worst!

Waaaa! Evil Republicans!!!

Another professional victim. Stop your envy of others and do things for yourself, the victim card gets old.

That's for sure....

Woman here say "Where's the money"

Japan they say "Me love you long time"

I know you are all thinking i should move to Japan but believe it or not but the Good Ole USA has some faults that could use some fixing. Ethics at management would be a good place to start!
Remember Doug said that he wasn't going to take any bonuses until all pilots on Furlough we back working? I guess stock options are not a bonus technically but wtf? Money is Money. Just don't say it ain't a bonus. Cause if i came home with 12.5 million my wife would sure think it was!

I am sure the employees will remember. And any additional BK of USAirways, by law, will never be a restructuring, but rather a liquidation.

What should DP have done differently? Exercised only the expiring options? When would you allow him to exercise the other options (since you disapprove of exercising them this week). Should he have to wait until the options are about to expire before exercise?

To which law, exactly, do you refer?

gdmit pitt. didn't you retire? i mean come on . give it a rest . this really does not concern you anymore.do you own company stock?if you do i would be really surprised. take a vacation with the lifetime passes jerry gave you. your on these boards pissin and moaning about everything. it's like you never left the company. why did you leave if your still gonna be pissed about what's going on. forget about it . what you say isn't gonna change anything. you do not have a voice anymore. if you wanted to continue to fight for us then you shouldn't have left. your gonna get an ulser. take a vaca . enjoy your time off. forget about this company before it kills you . doug took his money that was rightfully his. i would have completly done the same if i was in his shoes and so would everyone else. so people, stop bit#in and complaining and move on!!

What should DP have done differently? Exercised only the expiring options? When would you allow him to exercise the other options (since you disapprove of exercising them this week). Should he have to wait until the options are about to expire before exercise?

To which law, exactly, do you refer?

You are not for real, are you FW?

What should DP do differently? Should I frigg'in spell it out for you????

NEGOTIATE FAIRLY WITH THE UNIONS AND GIVE THEM SOME IMPROVEMENT TO THEIR WAGES BECAUSE BOTH East and West deserve it! He knows it and his people know it.

As for the "law", its the new BK laws that after CO BK will not permit companies to go into BK more than twice. Third time is liquidation.

gdmit pitt. didn't you retire? i mean come on . give it a rest . this really does not concern you anymore.do you own company stock?if you do i would be really surprised. take a vacation with the lifetime passes jerry gave you. your on these boards pissin and moaning about everything. it's like you never left the company. why did you leave if your still gonna be pissed about what's going on. forget about it . what you say isn't gonna change anything. you do not have a voice anymore. if you wanted to continue to fight for us then you shouldn't have left. your gonna get an ulser. take a vaca . enjoy your time off. forget about this company before it kills you . doug took his money that was rightfully his. i would have completly done the same if i was in his shoes and so would everyone else. so people, stop bit#in and complaining and move on!!

etops,

Retire? Where did you get that from? My pension and wages were so reduced that I went out on a furlough, friend so I could make a real wage. Recall rights I have. Like it, or lump it.

I don't have to explain my reasons to you why I'm still here on this forum.

Save your vision and hit ignore.

I'm not sure about that. This is a new corporate entity.