Dr Dave Chairman

LavMan

Veteran
Feb 12, 2003
RSA''s Dr. David Bronner Named US Airways Board Chairman
Friday April 4, 2:28 pm ET

ARLINGTON, Va., April 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways'' Board of Directors, during its organization meeting in New York on Monday, April 1, 2003, elected Dr. David G. Bronner chairman of US Airways Group, Inc.''s 15- member board, effective April 1, 2003. Dr. Bronner is the chief executive officer of the Retirement Systems of Alabama (RSA).

Dr. Bronner and RSA have been extremely supportive throughout our restructuring and share this management''s full enthusiasm for the direction the company has charted to prosper. I look forward to working closely with him and the new board to strengthen the US Airways franchise, said US Airways President and Chief Executive Officer David N. Siegel.

For the past 30 years, Dr. Bronner has served as the senior executive of Alabama''s state pension fund. Under his leadership, RSA''s total assets have grown from $500 million to over $24 billion. In addition to the US Airways investment, RSA''s other notable investments include development of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail; the acquisition of Community Newspapers Holdings, Inc., Raycom Media; and 55 Water Street, the largest office building in New York.

Dr. Bronner will chair the board in a non-executive capacity. Siegel will continue to manage day-to-day airline operations.

Over his career, Dr. Bronner has held a number of senior-level management positions for the State of Alabama, including executive director, Public Education Employees'' Health Insurance, and finance director for the State of Alabama. He also was assistant dean of the School of Law at the University of Alabama.

Dr. Bronner holds a Ph.D. from the University of Alabama; a J.D. degree from the University of Alabama School of Law; and M.A. and B.A. degrees from Minnesota State University.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: US Airways

Why the horns with this post? Like this was not expected. If you don''t like Bronner I hear this guy with a ton of airline experience named Stephen Wolf or something like that is unemployed and looking for an airline to run.

----------------
On 4/4/2003 5:53:56 PM W:EXCH:INVOL wrote:

Is this like an "honorary degree"?

INVOL

----------------​

Not so much an honorary degree...as it is getting a little something for his contributions in terms of funding a floundering airline in the midst of continued hards times in an oppressed industry.

I''m no fan of this guy...So don''t take my response as being supportive of his actions..least of all his past press releases regarding liquidation threats and the alike.

To sum it up....He has the funds and ponied them up for us to continue flying....Like it or not? Here is where we are. Make the best of a un-certain situation ...it will either improve or fail? I would like to believe that "Rock Bottom" as already been struck....but that might be a bit wishfull too?

Roll with it...................

funny now bronner is "non-executive"chairman....suddenly the leases are up for negotiation in PIT or "WE''LL PULL OUT",reminds me of the tactics during concessions....take it or "I"LL PULL MY DIP MONEY"

i agree on reducing the costs at PIT,but bronner reminds me of the child who threatens to take his football and go home.i just love to see these types when they don''t get their way.