'Duck Dynasty' Dad Suspended Following Anti-Gay Remarks

I seriously doubt he votes for liberals. So if he votes for conservatives who support depriving people of their constitutuional rights then yes he supports depriving them of rights. Just because he votes for someone else to do his dirty work does not relieve him of guilt.

Where did I say that only people who I agreed with could voice their opinon or vote?

You really cannot open your mind up enough to see that your above statement is hypocritical can you?

You voted for Obama, so you voted for someone that supports depriving me of a constitutional right.     Just because its not one of the constitutional rights you support, your little brain cannot fathom that you are doing exactly the same thing you are accusing the Duck guy of.

That by definition is a hypocrite.

Reactions: 3 people
How many times to people have to be told that the First Amendment only stops the government from restricting your speech, a company can have established guidelines and rules that can and will restrict your speech as an employee of said such company.

And can you yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater?

Reactions: 2 people
He had a contract.  If he violated the contract by saying things that A&E found inappropriate then he pays the consequences.  American Airlines had similar wording in their employee guide book.
And you have the nerve to come on here and school us on COTUS 1st amendment protection! You should have read the AA ethics policy and limits of 1st amendment right protection before violating their policy.

A&E, the network that airs Bates Motel, the series The Killer Speaks, which interviews convicted felons, and Psychic Tia, and that has in the past aired Growing Up Gotti, Criss Angel Mindfreak, and The Sopranos, has deemed Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson unsuitable for its broadcast because of an interview answer where he paraphrased Corinthians 6:911.

Thats where they draw the line!

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/366724/ae-finds-something-it-absolutely-cannot-tolerate-jim-geraghty

Reactions: 2 people
Ms Tree said:
You think he votes for people who support equal rights for gays?

I would be surprised if there were not some sort of morality clause in his contract.

No idea what you are ranting about.  How am I being hypocritical?
Last time I checked, this was America and you voted for someone who supported your views, "NO MATTER" what they were !

Reactions: 1 person
700....   Also there are laws that prevent someone from being fired from their job because of their religious views.    The fact that he was fired from his job at the network due to his religious views that he articulated in a non work environment in a separate publication probably would have some traction in court.  Unless in the contract he signed this situation is specifically prohibited. 

Again we see the double standard, if he had disclosed that he were gay in GQ instead of saying his religious beliefs tell him that being gay is sinful there would not have been a peep out of the network or the various groups that are upset about it.

I submit that he appears to have been persecuted for his religious belief.   Which is illegal.  Just as if someone were persecuted because he/she was gay, that is also illegal.

I do not care what someone believes or how they conduct their life,  I take issue with those like Tree that seek to hide behind the constitution to protect their personal views while at the same time try to suppress someone elses views.

The subject of Marriage for instance.   If you want truly equality on the subject, take ALL the marriage laws out of government.  make it a church institution only.  Problem solved.   No special benefits for marriage whatsoever.  

I think it's safe to say that Phil and the rest of the Duck crowd could tell A&E to kma and go to another network.

Keroseneuser said:
You really cannot open your mind up enough to see that your above statement is hypocritical can you?

You voted for Obama, so you voted for someone that supports depriving me of a constitutional right.     Just because its not one of the constitutional rights you support, your little brain cannot fathom that you are doing exactly the same thing you are accusing the Duck guy of.

That by definition is a hypocrite.
Not sure why your small mind cannot see that if you vote for someone because you agree with a specific thing that they endorse that you are having them do your bidding.

I think his views on homosexuals getting married are quite obvious and he more than likely votes for folks who support his pov. I am not saying that he agrees with all the pov of the person he votes for. Even your small brain should be able to grasp this.

Knotbuyinit said:
And you have the nerve to come on here and school us on COTUS 1st amendment protection! You should have read the AA ethics policy and limits of 1st amendment right protection before violating their policy.
I know there is a point in thsre somewhere struggling to get out.

Ms Tree said:
Not sure why your small mind cannot see that if you vote for someone because you agree with a specific thing that they endorse that you are having them do your bidding.

So your saying you voted for BaRack, not because of his views, beliefs or direction for the country .............right?

Personally, I want the person I voted for, to represent my views for America and do my bidding!

Keroseneuser said:
700....   Also there are laws that prevent someone from being fired from their job because of their religious views.    The fact that he was fired from his job at the network due to his religious views that he articulated in a non work environment in a separate publication probably would have some traction in court.  Unless in the contract he signed this situation is specifically prohibited. 

Again we see the double standard, if he had disclosed that he were gay in GQ instead of saying his religious beliefs tell him that being gay is sinful there would not have been a peep out of the network or the various groups that are upset about it.

I submit that he appears to have been persecuted for his religious belief.   Which is illegal.  Just as if someone were persecuted because he/she was gay, that is also illegal.

I do not care what someone believes or how they conduct their life,  I take issue with those like Tree that seek to hide behind the constitution to protect their personal views while at the same time try to suppress someone elses views.

The subject of Marriage for instance.   If you want truly equality on the subject, take ALL the marriage laws out of government.  make it a church institution only.  Problem solved.   No special benefits for marriage whatsoever.
If the contract was violated Im sufe we will see a court case. I doubt A&E did not check with legal before taking action.

I wonder what would have happened in the 1960's had someone come out as gay or advicated same sex marriage. Im sure thry would hwve been welcomed with open arms. The opinions in 2013 have changed. Homosexuality is accepted today so speaking out agauist it has consequences.

Im all for taking marriage out of goverment hands. I think that will happen right after pigs learn to fly.

southwind said:
So your saying you voted for BaRack, not because of his views, beliefs or direction for the country .............right?

Personally, I want the person I voted for, to represent my views for America and do my bidding!
I have told you numerous times I voted against Romney not for Obama. Put a sticky note on your PC to remind your self.

Oh the drama. Filming is already over for the latest segments. Doubt they would photoshop him out. I can't believe the locals are giving him a pass on being in GQ.

Latest posts