'Duck Dynasty' Dad Suspended Following Anti-Gay Remarks

He wasnt fired, he was suspended, and it speaking out about gays isnt protected speech under the law.

"As a high-school athlete, Phil earned All-State rankings in football, baseball, and track, which afforded him the opportunity to attend Louisiana Tech University on a football scholarship. There, Phil played first-string quarterback – ahead of Terry Bradshaw, who later went on to lead the Pittsburgh Steelers team to 4 Super Bowl championships. Phil said, "Terry went for the bucks, and I chased after the ducks." After receiving his Bachelor's degree in Physical Education and a Master's in Education, Phil spent several years teaching in Louisiana schools. Acclaimed as an excellent teacher by his students, Phil came to the conclusion that his time and talents would be better spent in the woods."

Phil is not a stupid man. A Masters in Education.

http://duckcommander.com/meet-the-family/phil-robertson

Reactions: 1 person
Ms Tree said:
I have told you numerous times I voted against Romney not for Obama. Put a sticky note on your PC to remind your self.
So... let me get this right... it's OK for you to vote against someone according to their belief system, but bad for others to vote according to their belief system?.

Reactions: 4 people
Jeez tree, 

You cannot possibly be dense enough to not see we are talking about the same thing.    The difference is I am not complaining about something that someone said in support of the gay lifestyle, but you cannot stand that the Duck guy spoke his mind about the other side of the coin.

IF one person has the unfettered right to fully support and promote a gay lifestyle then ANOTHER person has the equal right to support a heterosexual lifestyle.    That's what EQUALITY is!   It is not your twisted view of "I can say whatever I want,  but you need to keep your mouth shut" 

You are the worst kind of person out there.   You DEMAND that everyone conform to YOUR view, no matter what their religion, upbringing, and beliefs are, and you want to have "consequences" for anybody that mutters even the slightest peep against anything you support.    

The worst part is It does not appear that you even have the ability to recognize the double standard that you are pushing here. 

You cannot have it both ways.       

Reactions: 4 people
ABOUT US

We’ve been in the business of reinventing storytelling since 1984. We took HISTORY® out of the history books, and we brought Biography® to life. For our viewers, we’ve invented new genres, told untold stories and broken barriers. For our partners, we’ve offered new networks, new audiences, and new ways for brands to talk to customers.

A+E Networks is an award-winning global media content company offering consumers a diverse communications environment ranging from television networks to websites, to home videos/DVDs, to gaming and educational software. A+E Networks is comprised of the A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, LMN®, bio.®, H2™, HISTORY en Español®, Crime & Investigation Network®, Military HISTORY®, and LRW® networks, as well as A&E IndieFilms®, A+E Films™, A+E Studios™, A+E Networks International®, A+E Networks Digital® and A+E Networks Consumer Products®. Our networks and branded programming reach more than 300 million households in over 150 countries. A+E Networks is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.

OUR MISSION

At A+E Networks, we are passionate about bringing human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our employees, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe.

Life is what you make it. We make it entertaining.

http://www.aenetworks.com/about

Ms Tree said:
Not sure why your small mind cannot see that if you vote for someone because you agree with a specific thing that they endorse that you are having them do your bidding.
I think his views on homosexuals getting married are quite obvious and he more than likely votes for folks who support his pov. I am not saying that he agrees with all the pov of the person he votes for. Even your small brain should be able to grasp this.
You are wrong on this one Tree. Step back and take a breath and read what all are saying here with an open mind.

Obamacare promoters perpetuate stereotypes of gay men as horndogs.

Standing by for the manufactured outrage from GLAAD and the LBGT Railroad Commission.

Last edited by a moderator:
Duck Dynasty will soon be parting ways with A&E, no doubt about it other networks are salivating at the opportunity to pick up the show.  In this case Duck Dynasty has the upper hand.  Too bad A&E..you choose to please the turd burglars.

Reactions: 3 people
eolesen said:
So... let me get this right... it's OK for you to vote against someone according to their belief system, but bad for others to vote according to their belief system?.

Stick to airline stuff.  That's not what I said.

Keroseneuser said:
Jeez tree, 

You cannot possibly be dense enough to not see we are talking about the same thing.    The difference is I am not complaining about something that someone said in support of the gay lifestyle, but you cannot stand that the Duck guy spoke his mind about the other side of the coin.

IF one person has the unfettered right to fully support and promote a gay lifestyle then ANOTHER person has the equal right to support a heterosexual lifestyle.    That's what EQUALITY is!   It is not your twisted view of "I can say whatever I want,  but you need to keep your mouth shut" 

You are the worst kind of person out there.   You DEMAND that everyone conform to YOUR view, no matter what their religion, upbringing, and beliefs are, and you want to have "consequences" for anybody that mutters even the slightest peep against anything you support.    

The worst part is It does not appear that you even have the ability to recognize the double standard that you are pushing here. 

You cannot have it both ways.       

Geez.  Where are you reading this crap?  Certainly not in my posts. 

I could care less what Phil said.  I don't watch the program and for all I care he can wrap him self in the American flag or the Nazi flag. 

All I have said is that he spoke out against gays and blacks in the article and there are rtepercussions for it.  If A&E brings him back great for him, if not... great for him. 

As far as his constitutional rights are concerned he can say what ever the hell he wants.  As far as his A&E rights are concerned, those are dicated by his contract.

I do not demand that anyone conform to my way of thinking.  All I expect is for people to abide by the COTUS.  Out side of that they can do what ever the heck they want to.

Glenn Quagmire said:
You are wrong on this one Tree. Step back and take a breath and read what all are saying here with an open mind.
You'll have to better than that.  What am I wrong about?

[SIZE=10.5pt]I initially came here to watch Ms Tree make a fool of himself. He did not disappoint.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Ms Tree, on 19 Dec 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]He had a contract.  If he violated the contract by saying things that A&E found inappropriate then he pays the consequences.  American Airlines had similar wording in their employee guide book.  If there is enough out cry against A&E then they will probably let it drop.  If there is no or minimal out cry then he will not return.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]What do you have against private business?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]First amendment?  This has nothing to do with his constitutional rights.  The government did not step in and say he could not say anything, it was A&E.  None if his rights were violated in any way shape or form.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Ms Tree, on 19 Dec 2013 - 2:43 PM, said:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Source?  BTW, that means a source verifying that A&E suspended him due to GLAAD.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Were any other groups/individuals upset at the comments?  A&E is a business.  I bet they make decisions based on what will make them the most money.  If GLAAD is in the minority then it is doubtful that their POV carried much weight.  If it's in the majority then .....  What do you have against business? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]We have come a long way since the Scopes Monkey trial.  Not that your theory about the war on Christians has much validity but how's it feel to be on the receiving end for a change?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]I boycot quite a few places that operate contrary to my views.  It is your right to do so.  Should enough people agree with you then A&E will revisit their decison if finances out weigh their contractual obligations.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Ms Tree, on 19 Dec 2013 - 2:50 PM, said:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]I love how he says he 'loves all of humanity' yet is willing to deprive people he loves of equal rights guaranteed by the COTUS.  Reminds me of people from the south who say 'bless their heart' right before they rip someone a new one.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Ms Tree, on 19 Dec 2013 - 3:13 PM, said:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]You think he votes for people who support equal rights for gays?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]I would be surprised if there were not some sort of morality clause in his contract.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]No idea what you are ranting about.  How am I being hypocritical?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Ms Tree, on 19 Dec 2013 - 3:51 PM, said:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]I seriously doubt he votes for liberals. So if he votes for conservatives who support depriving people of their constitutuional rights then yes he supports depriving them of rights. Just because he votes for someone else to do his dirty work does not relieve him of guilt.

Where did I say that only people who I agreed with could voice their opinon or vote?
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Ms Tree, on 19 Dec 2013 - 5:48 PM, said:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Not sure why your small mind cannot see that if you vote for someone because you agree with a specific thing that they endorse that you are having them do your bidding.

I think his views on homosexuals getting married are quite obvious and he more than likely votes for folks who support his pov. I am not saying that he agrees with all the pov of the person he votes for. Even your small brain should be able to grasp this.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Ms Tree, on 19 Dec 2013 - 5:59 PM, said:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]If the contract was violated Im sufe we will see a court case. I doubt A&E did not check with legal before taking action.

I wonder what would have happened in the 1960's had someone come out as gay or advicated same sex marriage. Im sure thry would hwve been welcomed with open arms. The opinions in 2013 have changed. Homosexuality is accepted today so speaking out agauist it has consequences.

Im all for taking marriage out of goverment hands. I think that will happen right after pigs learn to fly.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Ms Tree, on 19 Dec 2013 - 6:01 PM, said:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]I have told you numerous times I voted against Romney not for Obama. Put a sticky note on your PC to remind your self.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Ms Tree, on 19 Dec 2013 - 9:14 PM, said:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Stick to airline stuff.  That's not what I said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Ms Tree, on 19 Dec 2013 - 9:19 PM, said:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Geez.  Where are you reading this crap?  Certainly not in my posts. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]I could care less what Phil said.  I don't watch the program and for all I care he can wrap him self in the American flag or the Nazi flag. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]All I have said is that he spoke out against gays and blacks in the article and there are rtepercussions for it.  If A&E brings him back great for him, if not... great for him. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]As far as his constitutional rights are concerned he can say what ever the hell he wants.  As far as his A&E rights are concerned, those are dicated by his contract.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]I do not demand that anyone conform to my way of thinking.  All I expect is for people to abide by the COTUS.  Out side of that they can do what ever the heck they want to.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Ms Tree, on 19 Dec 2013 - 9:21 PM, said:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]You'll have to better than that.  What am I wrong about?[/SIZE]

Ramblings of a fool.

Reactions: 2 people
GLAAD is a prime example of a libtard terrorist group.

They function under the guise of equal rights, yet try to use "political correctness" to "police" any opinions that go against their agenda.

You should ask yourself how such a small section of the population has so much influence over our government and media.

I think people are finally starting to see these "civil rights" groups for what they really are.

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts