early-out / 65-point plan

imisthebac111

Aug 24, 2002
Is everyone aware that the Passenger Service employees who took the early-out package - and have release dates after the US Airways/AmericaWest merger date of September 27, 2005, whose age and years of service total 65, are getting the 65 point-plan benefit? Those who left before the merger date are not getting those benefits.

Even though everyone signed the same contract in March 2005 - and no one had control of their release date - some were granted this extra benefit.

Will they be classified with the status "terminated" as the early-out people have just learned they will be - or will they get another benefit being classified as a "retiree"??

All the Passenger Service early-out employees should be getting the same things - regardless of their release date.

Is everyone aware that the Passenger Service employees who took the early-out package - and have release dates after the US Airways/AmericaWest merger date of September 27, 2005, whose age and years of service total 65, are getting the 65 point-plan benefit? Those who left before the merger date are not getting those benefits.

Even though everyone signed the same contract in March 2005 - and no one had control of their release date - some were granted this extra benefit.

Will they be classified with the status "terminated" as the early-out people have just learned they will be - or will they get another benefit being classified as a "retiree"??

All the Passenger Service early-out employees should be getting the same things - regardless of their release date.
Could you explain what 65 point plan benefit includes? The EO participants may want to contact the CWA if there is a substantial difference in what was offered. Just a thought.

We have an employee here that took the early out and had over 65 years combined age & seniority. The problem is he officially left Sept 17 and the merger took effect Sept 27, so the company is claiming he left before that policy was officially in effect and will not grandfather that person in.

We have an employee here that took the early out and had over 65 years combined age & seniority. The problem is he officially left Sept 17 and the merger took effect Sept 27, so the company is claiming he left before that policy was officially in effect and will not grandfather that person in.

Is this plan for all emp groups ie: flight attendants?

with the 65 pt plan status there are no flt taxes you can fly id 90 on other airlines you also get 4 buddy passes per year and your flt pass id is us instead of mi.not sure about other groups other than psgr svc

Is this plan for all emp groups ie: flight attendants?

This plan is for ALL employees. The plan is for all employees with a combined age and seniority the adsds up to 65 years or more. The signifigance is the interline travel privleges and the no fair value taxing on tickets.

Has CWA been contacted and what was there answer? I would say this is very unfair and everyone that took the early out package should receive the same package. How hard would it be for the company to grandfather them in. Of course the company is going to reply why should we?

This plan is for ALL employees. The plan is for all employees with a combined age and seniority the adsds up to 65 years or more. The signifigance is the interline travel privleges and the no fair value taxing on tickets.

Where is AFA MEC President on this new policy, and WHY has he not sent it out on the MEC E-line for those folks who have left the company and have met this criteria?????

Time for all to figure out that those have left the company do not matter any longer. :down:

Has CWA been contacted and what was there answer? I would say this is very unfair and everyone that took the early out package should receive the same package. How hard would it be for the company to grandfather them in. Of course the company is going to reply why should we?

Yes, CWA has been contacted - they claim they are working on it - but it would be a heck of a lot better if more early-out people, who had their release date before Septmeber 27, contact them. I think a lot of early-out people did not even know it. It is very unfair - as we all signed for the same thing, at the same time. There is power in numbers.

Yes, CWA has been contacted - they claim they are working on it - but it would be a heck of a lot better if more early-out people, who had their release date before Septmeber 27, contact them. I think a lot of early-out people did not even know it. It is very unfair - as we all signed for the same thing, at the same time. There is power in numbers.
I remember seeing this in writing somewhere. Does anyone know where? Also, am I understanding this correctly...If you take retirement and use your passes you are taxed on full value vs If you take the 65-point plan you are not taxed on the full value?

with the 65 pt plan status there are no flt taxes you can fly id 90 on other airlines you also get 4 buddy passes per year and your flt pass id is us instead of mi.not sure about other groups other than psgr svc
Is there a limit to passes per retiree on us?

Okay guys here I go again.
When I retired from US I was 50 years old and had 15 years service. That added up to 65. They did stop my retirement check and are saying I won't get my seniority back--guess you know I'm going to greive that one--and I now have 2 years--3 in May--with Hp and I'm now 59--now do I have to work 3 more years to get full retirement passes?
What about a registered guest? Do I get one of those too ?

Hey guys, I'm not sure how to quote a previous thread but the original wording of the "65-point plan" stated that anyone who was furloughed OR severed after 9/27 would receive retiree flight benefits as long as they had 10 years of service and WHEN their age + service added up to 65. The explanation clearly stated that even AFTER you left with at least 10 years of service the clock continued to click even if you were'nt old enough.

Example, I had 11 years of service, but will not be 55 for five more years. According to the explanation they gave, once I reach 55 my lifetime flight benefits would change to retiree benefits......only if my last date was past 9/27!

My last day was 8/21....I had requested to leave later, and my original release date was 7/24....the company needed us to stay another month...but I had originally wanted to stay later, like Oct.

The date they are choosing 9/27, is the date the merger was APPROVED. The merger was ANNOUNCED only two weeks after we had to have our early-out papers in!

NOT FAIR! There are some people who are able to take advantage of this benefit and others who are not, yet we all took the early out.

I sent an email to middleseat...whatever, and have had no response.