Earnings coming up Tuesday April 25-06

i hope that with the slower growth and a/c returns it dosen't mean that furloughs will be the outcome. i work for airways and we have been through our fare share. don't want to see no one lose thier job.

Its alright, If jetblue goes down usairways will profit and call us back to work. If jetblue manages to survive all the naysayers, we will still have our job here. Its a win win situation :)

...how many 320's are being used by the EWR operation? That could be the 2-5 they get rid of if the statement above is correct. If they lose in Q2, then what's the next step...
Pay and benefit cuts and layoffs.DOWN SIZES

Adding more than the previously announced 10 cities (DN CC call today)

based on the short/medium haul comment (DN CC call today) sounds like one could expect east of mississippi cities with high density markets (dtw,ord,msp,ind,stl,mci,dfw,hou,dca,bna,mem) just to guess a few. with increasing frequency on short/medium haul flights could be set up for more direct competition for SWA.

Selling 2-5 A320s (reduce debt increase cash)deferring A320s in 2007 and 08 while accepting e190s is this the "replacment jet" RJ syndrome? why spend 40mill on one a320 when you can get 3 e190s hence generate 300 RSs (revenue seats) vs 156 this would increase ROI i would think.

no intention of layoffs (DN CC call today)
some fuel hedges
profit forecast for q2
probable loss for 06 but not as much as thought at end of q4 (05)

Temp gates (7) entry timeline early June

room to almost double daily JFK departures without Terminal 5 being open

Adding more than the previously announced 10 cities (DN CC call today)

based on the short/medium haul comment (DN CC call today) sounds like one could expect east of mississippi cities with high density markets (dtw,ord,msp,ind,stl,mci,dfw,hou,dca,bna,mem) just to guess a few. with increasing frequency on short/medium haul flights could be set up for more direct competition for SWA.

Selling 2-5 A320s (reduce debt increase cash)deferring A320s in 2007 and 08 while accepting e190s is this the "replacment jet" RJ syndrome? why spend 40mill on one a320 when you can get 3 e190s hence generate 300 RSs (revenue seats) vs 156 this would increase ROI i would think.

no intention of layoffs (DN CC call today)
some fuel hedges
profit forecast for q2
probable loss for 06 but not as much as thought at end of q4 (05)

Temp gates (7) entry timeline early June

room to almost double daily JFK departures without Terminal 5 being open

Does this last point hint at the possibility they may abandon, or temporarily halt, their plans to take over T5?

Just a question.

Does this last point hint at the possibility they may abandon, or temporarily halt, their plans to take over T5?

Just a question.

no from the gist of the CC it was in reference to Growth Rates and JFKs abillity to sustain any growth due to limited space. thus the Temp Gates allow for addtional gates as well as shifting some fligts to T4 freeing up a gate at T6 or if you will the answer was yes JFK has enough gate space to accomodate JBLU growth until T5 is open. which they can not wait to get to according to DN on CC.

B)