ED20

Itestwell

Veteran
Oct 11, 2006
Oh my. I was just on the phone with rez trying to book an ED20 (employee space positive, which, before merger, you could just book online (!)) ticket on both East and West metal. Turns out, after I make the reservation, receive a confirmation number, and call back to pay for it, I am told that I cannot purchase this because AWA flights are codeshare flights, and the flights are not valid for the ED20 program.

US just lost over $1000 in revenue because of this. Just wanted to make people aware that the rez agents in Mexico City will book an itinerary on mixed metal like this for you, will price it for you, and it will not be valid when you show up to travel. Incidentally, on theHub, the Travel section is so outdated it still has all CCY numbers and ED20 rules on there, so don't look there for answers. Just a heads up, East employees....

:wacko:

Do you live near an ATO?
I think most with experience should be able to ticket,
if not PM me with confirmation# and I'll see if I can get the discount for you

Do you live near an ATO?
I think most with experience should be able to ticket,
if not PM me with confirmation# and I'll see if I can get the discount for you
No no, I called Tempe Emp Pass Travel to check, and they say you CANNOT book ED20s on west metal because we codeshare with AWA only. Just wanted to make people aware that some of the rez agents might not know this, and when I finally got through to a rez agent in INT (read: spoke great English), she told me this has been happening and the ticket would NOT be valid when I showed up at the airport to start travel. :up:

Again, theHub travel section has not been updated in YEARS, so the ED20 rules say nothing about this. I tried to call the CCY number listed on theHub for clarification, but it was not working.... :lol: :lol:

Don't feel bad. I actually spent over $800 last year, and was told the same thing....it was an AWA flight, no ED20. Wife and kids show up at the gate in PIT, and guess what....East flight with people I knew as the crew. Dealt with some really nice people in the company on trying to get a refund...but no luck.

Bottom line is they want to make it as hard as possible for you to use the benefit...kind of like the new medical program.

Best, Greeter.

To book ED20s call RES. And all this goes away on March 3 after which the HP/US codeshare goes away after that we can book across the entire network.

To book ED20s call RES. And all this goes away on March 3 after which the HP/US codeshare goes away after that we can book across the entire network.
Right, but it does not say that you cannot book AWA flights, something that they might want to tell me before I show up at the airport. Obviously, some of the outsourced rez centers don't know this, either. Simply bringing it to peoples attention before they find their planned tripped destroyed, that's all.

March 3rd? Thanks. I'll bid it off. :lol:

Its post like this that continue to make it clear that this company is so anti employee. Im sick and tired of hearing and seeing all the problems there are with res and useing benifits that I thought we all earned.
Delta be glad you didnt get caught up in this mess.

Latest posts