dapoes

Veteran
May 17, 2008
Egyptian Voters
Overwhelmingly Approve
Constitutional Changes
That Favor
The Muslim Brotherhood

Virtually ensures the Muslim Brotherhood will clean up during the upcoming elections.​

CAIRO — Egyptian voters overwhelmingly approved a referendum on constitutional changes on Sunday that will usher in rapid elections, with the results underscoring the strength of established political organizations, particularly the Muslim Brotherhood, and the weakness of emerging liberal groups.

“It is very, very disappointing,” said Hani Shukrallah, who is active in a new liberal political party and is the editor of Ahram Online, a news Web site.

Mohamed ElBaradei, a former top United Nations nuclear official and a Nobel Prize winner planning to run for president, opposed the amendments, as did Amr Moussa, the secretary general of the Arab League, another potential presidential candidate.

In a vote remarkably free of problems, Mr. Baradei was attacked by a mob when he went to cast his ballot, fleeing a shower of rocks and bottles. His supporters said the mob was paid.

The results called into question how much the expected front-runners were really in tune with Egyptian voters.

NPR: The Brotherhood, which has strongly campaigned for the adoption of the changes, advocates the installment of an Islamic government in Egypt. The ambivalence of its position on what role women and minority Christians play under their hoped-for Islamic government — like whether they could run for president or be judges — worry large segments of society.

Opponents argued that the time frame was too quick for political parties to organize. Egypt's best organized political forces, the Muslim Brotherhood and members of the former ruling party, campaigned for passage.

Unexpected? Not so much. People didn't want to believe that Egypt will got the way of Iran. This event pretty much guarantees that. The MB took control from day one.

From the NYT Article:

It was the first time the Muslim Brotherhood had campaigned openly since the party was banned in 1954, and the group flexed its full organizational muscle — printing up countless fliers and posters, sending workers out to convince the undecided and driving voters to the polls.

Essam el-Erian, the spokesman for the Muslim Brotherhood, hailed the results, saying that most Egyptians wanted to move forward toward rapid change, though he noted that the 23 percent opposed should not go unnoticed.
Yeah I bet they wont go unnoticed...with a knock at the door.

And what of Mohamed ElBaradei who was supposed to be the leader of the supposed revolution and favored as replacement?

Mohamed ElBaradei stoned by Jihadists in Cairo

Islamists hurled stones and shoes at Mohamed ElBaradei, Nobel Peace laureate and a secular contender for Egypt’s presidency, as he tried to vote Saturday in a referendum on constitutional amendments.

ElBaradei was hit in the back by a stone thrown from the crowd of hundreds but managed to escape unhurt and slammed as “irresponsible” the holding of a referendum without adequate law and order.

“We don’t want you,” the mob shouted, throwing stones, shoes and water at the former UN nuclear watchdog chief as he turned up at a Cairo polling station, five weeks after president Hosni Mubarak was ousted by mass protests.

“He lives in the United States and wants to rule us. It’s out of the question,” one of them said.

“We don’t want an American agent,” said another.

Members of the crowd interviewed by AFP before the assault identified themselves as Islamists without elaborating on their precise allegiance.

Egyptian Voters
Overwhelmingly Approve
Constitutional Changes
That Favor
The Muslim Brotherhood

Virtually ensures the Muslim Brotherhood will clean up during the upcoming elections.​

Unexpected? Not so much. People didn't want to believe that Egypt will got the way of Iran. This event pretty much guarantees that. The MB took control from day one.

SO WHAT?

It's their country and it's called Freedom & Liberty for the citizens of Egypt.

The United States self proclaims itself as Pro-Democracy when what we really mean is:

"We're all for Democracy, Freedom & Liberty just so long as you pick our guy"

Doesn't work that way as rights such as Freedom & Liberty are conferred upon man by God and the Founding Fathers made no distinction regarding whether it was Jesus, Moses, Allah, Buddha, Ish Kabibble or the Tooth Fairy or all/none of the above.

Perhaps if we stop bombing Arabs into the stone age in the name of Freedom and Liberty perhaps they in turn will cease trying to blow us to bits. Just a thought.

SO WHAT?

The United States self proclaims itself as Pro-Democracy when what we really mean is:

Doesn't work that way as rights such as Freedom & Liberty are conferred upon man by God and the Founding Fathers made no distinction regarding whether it was Jesus, Moses, Allah, Buddha, Ish Kabibble or the Tooth Fairy or all/none of the above.

Perhaps if we stop bombing Arabs into the stone age in the name of Freedom and Liberty perhaps they in turn will cease trying to blow us to bits. Just a thought.

Either way, whether we interfere or not, they going to go caliphate and ain't no amount of democracy laced bullcrap going change that. Islam to spread the teachings of Allah to the whole world, and you don't want it or agree?

OFF WITH YOUR HEAD.....NO EXCEPTIONS.

But maybe we should talk to these heathens............ :lol: :lol: :lol:

SO WHAT?

There is no such thing as freedom and liberty nor democracy under strict Islamic law with the MB. They do not seek a peaceful coexistence either. They never have. So even if we never laid a hand on them they would still seek out to change our our way of life to theirs. Just look a majority of the euro countries. They are having immense problems with Muslims not looking to integrate into their society, but forcing their Muslims ideology onto them, one way or another.

Perfect example in the UK: Four men slashed teacher's face and left him with fractured skull 'for teaching other religions to Muslim girls'

And don't think its not creeping into the USA. Its been happening for a while. Even the seperation of church and state is unable to stop it.

Another recent example:

A judge in Tampa, Florida is creating a buzz with a ruling some say shows that shariah law is creeping into the U.S. One look at the alleged ruling shows it is suspicious. But is it really an example of shariah “comin’ to America?”

According to a document on the website Jihad Watch, Circuit Court Judge Richard A. Nielsen ordered earlier this month that a civil dispute between current and former leaders of a local mosque over who controls funds awarded during a 2008 eminent domain proceeding be decided under “Ecclesiastical Islamic Law.”

Below is a copy of the relevant section:

HillsboroughFLCase1.jpg

HillsboroughFLCase2.jpg

Now it’s not unusual for a dispute to arise within a religious institution and for a court to order a mediation or arbitration, in order to resolve this without the court having to render its own judgment.

But what makes this case unusual, and highly troubling, is that a group of Muslim leaders—the CURRENT mosque leaders—who do NOT want to be subject to sharia law, are being compelled to do so by an American judge!

SO WHAT?

I think I agree for the most part.

I think the last sentence is dead on but I would add that we need to stop propping up despots that screw over the population. Just a thought.

I think I agree for the most part.

I think the last sentence is dead on but I would add that we need to stop propping up despots that screw over the population. Just a thought.

Said that long ago.

Prop up Batistta and you get Castro
Prop up Somoza you Sananista's
Kill Allende and end up with Pinochet.

And on it goes as we ignore the lessons that history teaches.

Said that long ago.

Prop up Batistta and you get Castro
Prop up Somoza you Sananista's
Kill Allende and end up with Pinochet.

And on it goes as we ignore the lessons that history teaches.

Ummm....don't think anyone can say that we "propped up" anyone in egypt. Hosni Mubarak was in power for 30 years outside any influence of the USA. Was he an allie who was also a tyrant to his own people? Perhaps. But one that kept relative peace and had influence within the ME. That is now over. And with the MB on the precipice of taking power of the largest ME country, the outlook looks much worse then it was for the past thirty years.

Yea. You would have thought we would have learned. We sold the Shah billions of dollars in arms and then he vets his butt tossednout and tbe Ayatola ends up with our arms. Now we have been selling billions in arms to Egypt and. ..... Same scenario different players. Oops

Ummm....don't think anyone can say that we "propped up" anyone in egypt. Hosni Mubarak was in power for 30 years outside any influence of the USA. Was he an allie who was also a tyrant to his own people? Perhaps. But one that kept relative peace and had influence within the ME. That is now over. And with the MB on the precipice of taking power of the largest ME country, the outlook looks much worse then it was for the past thirty years.

Perhaps you'd like to "Revise and extend your remarks" after reviewing the following quote and link,

"One-third of ALL US AID goes to Israel and Egypt." So I guess the real question is did we get our money's worth?

Aid to others

Perhaps you'd like to "Revise and extend your remarks" after reviewing the following quote and link,

"One-third of ALL US AID goes to Israel and Egypt." So I guess the real question is did we get our money's worth?

Aid to others

So what you saying the reason egypt is in such turmoil now is because of aid given by the USA? And what would be the outcome if no aid where given? Your link show no correlation of "propping up" in the face of ????

I know what you are trying to say. But im not so sure there is a direct cause and effect or that cause and effect your stating is valid.

Back