Elections

NWAfr8dog

Aug 21, 2002
Any guesses how yesterday''s election results may affect the airline vs. employee relationships, especially in light of the now again highly visible McCain-Lott bill (age 63 retirement / virtual elimination of collective bargaining through baseball-arbitration (which, interestingly, was never mentioned during last summers almost-baseball-strike...))?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/6/2002 2:22:05 PM NWAfr8dog wrote:

Any guesses how yesterday's election results may affect the airline vs. employee relationships, especially in light of the now again highly visible McCain-Lott bill (age 63 retirement / virtual elimination of collective bargaining through "baseball-arbitration" (which, interestingly, was never mentioned during last summers almost-baseball-strike...))?
----------------
[/blockquote]

I don't expect either to move forward. Frank murkowski is now out of the Senate, so I don't see any instigators on that issue (other than Dem Dianne Feinstein). as for the Baseball thing, again, I don't see much traction especially since most Airline labor groups are currently playing nice. Times have changed. even if the dems took over in two years, don't expect ANY support if your plan includes any damage to the economy (strike, slowdown, ect.) Max Cleland proved that point.

Latest posts