Facts

Ken MacTiernan said:
Without you laughing at me like you did outside the base when I was last out there and introduced myself.

Ken, I dont know where you come up with me laughing at you? I never met you at the base, althought I have met you, sat in a room and listned to you, but never ever laughed at you, I dont do that, to anyone Ken

Sure call me Steve, Ken, When the time is right I will introduce myself, maybe it will be at Tulsa?
Ken, 1 question, I noticed you saidf you went to the whitehouse to speak out for your profession? While there Ken, Did you see and hear Jim Little?
The question I would like to ask Ken, is, your profession, my profession, has needed all of us for support of some kind monthly it seems, Ken, Would it not be better to stay within the elements of your present union and help those who work alongside you? Ken, I speak of, RTW? DId you go state to state to help defeat RTW? Will you go to the whitehouse to defeat the NATIONAL RTW? Will you or have you gone to any AFL-CIO functions to aid workers? Will you or have you backed any politician who backed the worker? HAve you or will you campaign to advance the safety inthe workplace? help to establish workers guidelines? flight safety? benfits?

You wrote you have attended AMFA informational meetings talked with AMFA represented AMTS, saw first hand how AMFA picketed the white house? Have you backed the TWU during these same issues?

How rude, I couldn't imagine anyone laughing at you Ken, especially at their initial meeting. You know they say the first impression is usually the best. ;)

I have been fighting your UNPROFESSIONAL type for almost 20 years. Ever since I've been in this God foresaken industry ,I've seen your type vote yes to concessions,lousy contracts and never once fight for anything!

PRINCESS............May I ask for details? What fighting have you done for me? Did you help your state, local, federal govenrment? Did you help defeat RTW? What ahve yopu done for my UNPROFESSIONAL type? What have you done to help your PROFESSIONAL type? Have you joined in any TWU rallys? AFL-CIO support groups? Have you went to your local with ideas on how to show your support for your brothers and sisters?
Thanks for fightingfor us Princess and please keep up the good work

Bob, Think as you may, but I did not twist words said by Dave Stewart at Kansas City, He was explaining to a question asked about the TWA senority, Dave said, the NAtional will send a survey to each local asking membership what there main goals in negotiations hoped to establish, he said Kc might want to re establish senority, then Dave said, the National would go to the next local, say Tulsa, and ask what they hope to establish, he said, Tulsa might want more vacation time, because the membership at Tulsa outnumbers MCI, AMFA will do for Tulsa, that Bob is not a twist, that is fact

What are you talking about? AMT is the new title for A&P.[/color]

Bob, please explain? AMT is new title for A&P, what does that make the title for non A&P? OSM?

Quit playing semantics. Are you saying that a Stores or Fleet guy should be paid exactly the same as a mechanic? I feel that the skills I offer command a higher salary. Interpret that as you may

Bob I did not say stores or fleet should be paid exactly the same as a mechanic, and I have yet to hear any one working stores or fleet service to voice that, What I said and what the stores and fleet worker wantt is to fairly represented and to be treated fairly, equally. By ignoring their needs, such as AMFA does, is not fair, to argue that stores and fleet are well taken care of by the TWU, just goes to show, that TWU isnt that bad...............

MCI AFL-CIO said:
Bob, Think as you may, but I did not twist words said by Dave Stewart at Kansas City,
You were one of the more credible TWU supporters here but your credibility is sinking. Here is what you said that drew my response about twisting Daves words:
"Bob I didnt claim I dont care about others, I do care and I do agree we all face problems, yes others have it worse than I, I agree, It is a problem to be in New York with higher cost of living, but as Dave Stewart said last saturday in Kansas City, that "AMFA IS NOT THE ANSWER""

Bob, please explain? AMT is new title for A&P, what does that make the title for non A&P? OSM?

I dont know.

Bob I did not say stores or fleet should be paid exactly the same as a mechanic, and I have yet to hear any one working stores or fleet service to voice that,

Your statement was that they had the same value. What did you mean by value?

What I said and what the stores and fleet worker wantt is to fairly represented and to be treated fairly, equally.

If they want that they should be filling out AGW cards. This union has not done well by them either. The only way those guys will ever do better is to structure themselves like the Longshoremen. One wage across the entire airport.

By ignoring their needs, such as AMFA does, is not fair, to argue that stores and fleet are well taken care of by the TWU, just goes to show, that TWU isnt that bad...............

Its not a question of ignoring their needs, its a question of what is the mission of the union. We need a focused union that will be committed to preserving and enhancing the value of our Liscences. The TWU has lost its focus. The Constitution provides a guideline but the International ignores it in favor of trying to maximize dues revenue. If the TWU isnt that bad then how come Fleet and stores workers are filling out thousands of AGW cards?

Bob Owens said:
You were one of the more credible TWU supporters here but your credibility is sinking. Here is what you said that drew my response about twisting Daves words:[/color]

Bob, Thank You, I did not twist what Dave Stewart said, He did say AMFA IS NOT THE ANSWER, when asked about the senority issues pertaining to TWA employees. Dave stated this after Don Rodgers told the members "to get over it, your never going to get back your senority"

Your statement was that they had the same value. What did you mean by value?

Bob What I meant was that all employees are valuable to the success of the airline, and should be treated the same

Its not a question of ignoring their needs, its a question of what is the mission of the union. We need a focused union that will be committed to preserving and enhancing the value of our Liscences. The TWU has lost its focus. The Constitution provides a guideline but the International ignores it in favor of trying to maximize dues revenue

Bob, once again, you state We NEED A FOCUSED UNION THAT WILL BE COMMITTED TO PRESERVING AND ENHANCING THE VALUE OF OUR LISCENSES. I see this as the same boat with the ramp, that AMFA does not wnat to represent, where does this leave the non liscensed amt? how much of a pay enhancement are you asking? $5.00 isnt enough? I agree Bob liscensed mechanic should be compensated over the non A&P, I also beleive the line mechanic should receive more than hanger mechanic,

Decision 2004 said:
MCI AFL-CIO is a blantant LIAR!
MCI AFL-CIO is a blantant LIAR!

Dave, explain? what is it you claim I lied about? Oh, your good at correcting others, Dave its BLATANT

Name: Taylor
Employer: Former NWA
Date: Monday, March 15, 2004
Time: 01:37 PM

Comments
Joey, I feel the same way. Most of my family works at NWA. I use to walk the hangars on B-side when I was little and being a mechanic I wanna to be when I grew up. My childhood dream turned into a royal nightmare. This so called union that we voted for turned into a sham. I voted no for this lousy contract because these idiots gave up good language in exchange to show the rest of the industry they got us good wages, well they didn't! I wanted full retro, not some signing bonus that wasn't even a forth of what I would have gotten if we would of received full retro. This union can take there so called industry leading contract and PACK IT! How will these idiots survive now that almost three fourths of there membership has been let go and probably and most likely never come back. Thank you AMFA for destroying my dream and the dreams of everyone else you stiffed.

Name: Joey
Employer: Laid off from NWA
Email: To "Still IAM at Heart"
Time: 08:20 PM

Comments
Gamble? How dare you insinuate that what I did was gamble! I've never gambled in my life and I didn't gamble when I decided not to move after I was ILLEGALLY laid off. That's right Brother! AMFA told me that NWA laying me off was illegal and that the company would lose this in arbitration. John Roby and Steve MacFarlane and Jim Atkinson personally told me that I would be back to work as soon AMFA got my grievance arbitrated. So I didn't gamble! AMFA LIED to me!!!! Is it ok for AMFA to lie to me? Mathews actually told me that I might as well suck up the severance and unemployment while staying home, because he and the Seehams would certainly win my grievance and have me back at work before that ran out. Hello, it RAN OUT! I was mislead. That's not my fault.

local 12 proud said:
mci afl-cio have you just once bothered to read AMFA'S constitution? you dont need to be apart of an organization to identify with its ideaology. unlike the communist twu the AMFA stands for democracy where every member has a voice. when is the last time you set in on contract negotiations between the company and union? never unless your one of those who sell the membership for own personal gain, this AMFA revolution is not going to go away. it is now "8" airlines strong and the mechanics at A.A. will make "9". how many card drives do you see from the all mighty afl-cio union's i.b.t., t.w.u., i.a.m., at the air carriers? none because thier track record speaks volumes. make the intelligent choice for once in your life.......GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMFA
Where do you get off stating that the TWU is communistic? Where do you think AMFA's constitution is so much better? I see maybe three differences between all constitutions of all unions or associations. When was the last time over three AMFAites sat in at contract negotiations at the same time?

And has anyone else noted that Dave has been refraining from his usual banter and name calling since he rented the building. Did the hobbit direct you to be more professional? Ahhh..I see , the name change thing brings out a better you. I mean as presidente of TUL ya can't be the foul mouth welder you portray. Maybe as president you can further your support of Right to Work issues, and allow TUL to have a massive furlough to get the numbers down to where you can rewrite Ken Neal and let him know the numbers are where they should be, thanks to a welder

And how about these AMFAites that post they are ruined for life due to AMFA, are they all liars? Are you the self appointed judge to determine their true state of life? Communistic, sounds like you are!

johnny" a loaf of bread cost the same for everyone brother" ring any bells? the problem you have with losing the twu is you may just have to work for a living and that scares the hell outta you huh? the only ones ruined for life are the morons who can't or won't try to better thier lives and wish to freeload off the backs of others, maybe your one of those huh johnny peanut butter boy, and as for as the "bat'' thing, careful you might just have it placed somewhere undesirable.

James T. Kirk said:
Name: Joey
Employer: Laid off from NWA
Email: To "Still IAM at Heart"
Time: 08:20 PM

Comments
Gamble? How dare you insinuate that what I did was gamble! I've never gambled in my life and I didn't gamble when I decided not to move after I was ILLEGALLY laid off. That's right Brother! AMFA told me that NWA laying me off was illegal and that the company would lose this in arbitration. John Roby and Steve MacFarlane and Jim Atkinson personally told me that I would be back to work as soon AMFA got my grievance arbitrated. So I didn't gamble! AMFA LIED to me!!!! Is it ok for AMFA to lie to me? Mathews actually told me that I might as well suck up the severance and unemployment while staying home, because he and the Seehams would certainly win my grievance and have me back at work before that ran out. Hello, it RAN OUT! I was mislead. That's not my fault.
"cry me a river'' get on with your life man, layoffs are apart of this industry its called economics. ive been in aviation since "83" and have been laid off at two major's the first was continental and the second was american. at no time was my life ruined, i picked up and started over again my kids were small but are now grown and in college. i did'nt set around bitching and complaining about the unjustice of the world collecting welfare and unemployment, wallowing in self pity has no rewards. no union can prevent layoff's not even the concession giving twu, all we can hope for is getting the best representation available and hope the economy flourishes. now amt-mci, johnny peanut boy, cio, et al go ahead an slam away all you wish, ive been on both sides looking in and i can handle it all including starting over, and im looking forward to starting over with A.M.F.A :up:

MCI AFL-CIO said:
Without you laughing at me like you did outside the base when I was last out there and introduced myself.

Ken, I dont know where you come up with me laughing at you? I never met you at the base, althought I have met you, sat in a room and listned to you, but never ever laughed at you, I dont do that, to anyone Ken

Sure call me Steve, Ken, When the time is right I will introduce myself, maybe it will be at Tulsa?
Ken, 1 question, I noticed you saidf you went to the whitehouse to speak out for your profession? While there Ken, Did you see and hear Jim Little?
The question I would like to ask Ken, is, your profession, my profession, has needed all of us for support of some kind monthly it seems, Ken, Would it not be better to stay within the elements of your present union and help those who work alongside you? Ken, I speak of, RTW? DId you go state to state to help defeat RTW? Will you go to the whitehouse to defeat the NATIONAL RTW? Will you or have you gone to any AFL-CIO functions to aid workers? Will you or have you backed any politician who backed the worker? HAve you or will you campaign to advance the safety inthe workplace? help to establish workers guidelines? flight safety? benfits?

You wrote you have attended AMFA informational meetings talked with AMFA represented AMTS, saw first hand how AMFA picketed the white house? Have you backed the TWU during these same issues?
mci,

If you were not the person standing behind kirk wells in Tulsa on Jan. 16 I appologize for assuming you were that person.

Why should I wait for you to meet me to tell me your name? Why don't you simply state your name? It is nice to know whom a person is when you speak with them, is it not?

No, I did not see little or even hear him. I did however listen to him on the phone tell me that the NWA AMTs fight was not our fight. He was wrong.

The question I would like to ask Ken, is, your profession, my profession, has needed all of us for support of some kind monthly it seems, Ken, Would it not be better to stay within the elements of your present union and help those who work alongside you?

I want to stay within the elements of a CRAFT union mci. NOT a union that is only concerned in my dues and allows our work to be performed by other work groups. By being in AMFA I will be helping those individuals who work alongside me. These people will be in my craft and class.

I have backed politicians that backed the workers. Congressman Bob Filner fron Chula Visat CA came and walked an informational picket I helped organize here in San Diego.
I have campaigned for safety in the work place. As a Crew Chief I never assign AMTs to work unsafe and will back the AMT with any questions they have about work place saftey with equipment, work procedures, etc.
I am also only one man. The question of campaigning for work place safety, worker guidlines, flight safety and benefits are the responsibility of our union. It seems as if the twu has dropped the ball on benefits BIG TIME!

Lastly, you ask if I have backed the twu during the these same issues. I was a Shop Steward but resigned after little told me that the NWA AMT fight was not our fight. The twu does not back me so why should I back them? I am on Hand Pay too. Why should I pay union dues for a service I do not receive?

I will do my best to attend any future Tulsa AMFA meeting. I hope you can attend and introduce yourself. After AMFA removes the twu it will be up to ALL of us to move forward to protect and further our profession. It would be nice to know who is walking forward with me. :)

If you were not the person standing behind kirk wells in Tulsa on Jan. 16 I appologize for assuming you were that person

Ken I have yet to be in Tulsa, I have never met Kirk Wells,

Why should I wait for you to meet me to tell me your name? Why don't you simply state your name? It is nice to know whom a person is when you speak with them, is it not?

Ken, we have met, and shook hands, I listened while you spoke.My name is not important, Im not important, When or if we should meet again, I will shake your hand again and listen to you, just as I did Dave

want to stay within the elements of a CRAFT union mci. NOT a union that is only concerned in my dues and allows our work to be performed by other work groups. By being in AMFA I will be helping those individuals who work alongside me. These people will be in my craft and class

Ken, with all due respect...................this is where you and I differ. Honestly where would we, the worker, be, if all members think like that? Where would we be if the AFL-CIO wouldnt have taken the fight to represent all of us, giving all workers mandatory breaks, benfits, 40 hour workweek? OSHA? workers comp to protect the worker? minimum pay? overtime pay? unemployment insurance? a voice on capitol hill?
AFL- CIO, TWU, IBT, UAW, etc, could have said the same Ken, I for one am glad they didnt, if it were not for these unions speaking for the working class, where wouldwe be today?
I worked as a hod carrier earlier in life, I was represented by the bricklayers union. When we traveled out of town, because of the unions influence, for every bricklayer we brought we had to hire 1 from the local, and for every hod carrier we brought we had to hire 1

I dont agree with only representing 1 craft and class, to me thats nota union

Latest posts