Employee Kudos

Barbell

Senior
Nov 16, 2005
From this week's aboutUS:

Dear US Airways,

I would like to commend the San Francisco station customer service representative team, and specifically an agent
by the name of ####, for excellent service provided to me under difficult circumstances earlier this month.

On Jan. 4, I was booked on US Airways Flight 136 from San Francisco to Philadelphia, connecting onward to Orlando, Florida, with confirmed upgrades on both flights. That morning, I arrived at the check-in counter to find that Flight 136 was cancelled due to aircraft mechanical issues.

When I checked in, #### worked quickly to examine my flight options and determined that virtually everything was booked up all day long. He found one possibility and pounced. Phoning United Airlines operations, he got a United supervisor to release a seat on the only non-stop SFO-MCO flight that afternoon. Not just “aâ€￾ seat, but the “very last seat availableâ€￾ on the aircraft – a seat in First Class.

I guess I disappointed some United 1K looking for an upgrade, but I got to my destination on time and on schedule, despite the maintenance difficulties. I deeply appreciate ####’s tenacity in tracking down the one thing I needed that morning – a flight to get to work.

In my short time as an America West/US Airways frequent flyer, I have never gotten less than friendly and excellent service from the ticket, gate, inflight, club and telephone representatives I have come in contact with, and that’s something that keeps bringing me back to fly on the new US Airways.

Sincerely,
####

Emphasis added. Way to go, everybody!

Actually forum member FCYTravis wrote this, I believe. I recognized the circumstances from a past post he made both here and on FT during the first week of January.

Yes, that was my letter... I saw the "Making US Fly" section in an earlier edition of About US and thought my story would be a perfect fit. Thanks to US CorpComm for running it, and giving the agent the recognition he deserves. :)
Seriously? THANK YOU! There are many times when it seems like efforts like this mean NOTHING to our customers. It's good to see that someone appreciates it! :up:

Yes thank you.

America West is known to publish all nice letters from passengers. The nice letters is sometimes publish for display in the hallway near the Flight Attendant crew rooms, so if you have received wonderful experience from the crew. Please write, we totally appreciate them!
The letters go in the flight attendant files and frequent flyers get "Above & Beyond" cards that they can pass out to crews. (Kinda like a Tip!) This cards can be exchanged for Positive Space Passes for us.

I just hope the new US Airways keep this benefit.

I've often wondered if the old US informed employees when they receive compliments and it actually went to their immediate management. I always make it a point to take names of those who go above and beyond and show excellent customer service skills, and as soon as I can get to the internet, I'm on the website writing before I forget. About 75% of the time I get emails back thanking me for my comments, and I always hoped it didn't end there. Nice to hear what West did and if it is not already, it should be done company wide.

Yes thank you.

America West is known to publish all nice letters from passengers. The nice letters is sometimes publish for display in the hallway near the Flight Attendant crew rooms, so if you have received wonderful experience from the crew. Please write, we totally appreciate them!
The letters go in the flight attendant files and frequent flyers get "Above & Beyond" cards that they can pass out to crews. (Kinda like a Tip!) This cards can be exchanged for Positive Space Passes for us.

Just to pass on a quick note. Elite members can send Above and Beyonds to ANY employee who goes above and beyond. I have seen many employess not recognized for outsanding customer service. For example, a rez agent met a pax at the ato and drove her to the Mayo Clinic. Her husband had a heart attack and was not expected to live. He was in town on business. The agent went right after work, met her at the tkt counter and drove this poor shocked woman to the hospital and stayed with her until her family could fly in. This is one example of why I still (used to work-forgot the ethics part)work for this company. Good customer service is part of the job but its nice to be recognized. Personally, its just knowing you did the best you could-personal satisfaction.

Yes. All compliments (and complaints) from East are sent via e-mail to the applicable manager. No "file 13" here.

SKY high states: Oh really? When a FREQUENT FLYER sends in a comment card, the reply would be a JERRY CLASS "canned letter", saying, blah, blah, blah, someone wrote the(EAST)company, and thank you. NO ONE from management would receive such acknowledgment.

SKY high states: Oh really? When a FREQUENT FLYER sends in a comment card, the reply would be a JERRY CLASS "canned letter", saying, blah, blah, blah, someone wrote the(EAST)company, and thank you. NO ONE from management would receive such acknowledgment.

If you didn't get word a compliment or complaint was received, other than the canned letter from Glass, that was a failing on the part of individual managers at the local level. EVERY complaint or compliment received at East gets counted, classified and distributed to local managers and department heads real-time.

You are 1000% Correct! I've seen them handed out by individual Managers in PHL when I was "behind the curtain" and there was some individual praise and the "atta Guy/girl" was presented in front of co-workers. Now it could have been for show but I doubt it.

Sky high states: That's incorrect. "Comment cards" are essentially a good letter from the passenger)comes with a canned letter from Jerry Glass, which is MAILED TO YOUR HOME. While, complimentary LETTERS are processed through the channels and end up in your mailbox or as Piney observed, handed to the employee.
The comment card COMMENTS are never seen by the employee or their perspective managers and/or supervisors. I know several employees who photocopied their canned letters so they could be placed in the files for (good) credit.

Latest posts