Employee Survey

The Gopher

Advanced
Jun 28, 2004
Anyone else get an employee survey email? Those in my group who have gotten it all fit a certain demographic, and I would be interested to find out if others in the company fit that same demographic.

They seem to be targeting those under 40 or those with less than 10 years seniority or so. No one in the group with 10+ years got an invitation to take the survey.

Hi- I have 9years with UAL as f/a. My age is 40. I received it in the mail myself. I already did the survey on-line. One of the questions asked do you think you are compensated enough for the type of work that you do for United Airlines. My answer was a BIG NO. It also had places where you can write thoughts on how United could be a better carrier for it's employees and passengers. My thoughts were treat us equal
and pay us with respect and good pay and our customer will always come back to fly UAL. They will also
tell another friend how good they were treated at UAL like CO employees get treated.

I thought everyone got this survey. i don't know why i was selected.

I told the truth.

LJ
DCASW

I received an invitation to fill out the survey. I must be an anomaly though, since I am 59 and will have 40 years with the company in April 2007.

Keep in mind that those surveys DO NOT go out to all employees. They are targeted towards a VERY specific part of the employee population. The marketing folks are also very skilled at designing these things. The last thing Tilton and his wannabe-VP's want is to read survey after survey slamming their leadership. That's why few of the questions are worded to solicit that kind of feedback. I remember taking one shortly before leaving the company. I was hoping to be able to provide true feedback on my view of the culture of UA and the leadership of the company. But the questions were not worded in such a way as to give that kind of feedback. It was disappointing.

If you ask me, these surveys are just a way for them to placate the employee population into thinking they are serious about making real changes. The fact remains that the culture at UA is still as bad as it was 10 years ago. It's still weighed down with numerous ineffectual and morale-killing upper and middle management. Tilton has changed many of the VP deck chairs since he took over. But I'd like to see numbers on just how much of the manager (meaning management employees who directly supervise others) ranks has been purged due to job performance since Tilton took over. I think those numbers would be telling. But to be fair, it takes a strong executive to have the stomach to change the poisoned culture of a company built up over decades. Many have talked the talk, but failed in execution. Bethune and Brenneman were successful in doing it at Continental. But I honestly don't think Tilton has any desire to change the culture at UA. He's not in this for the long haul. Mark my words. He will deal off UA to whoever ponies up the cash and then he'll walk out the door laughing all the way to the bank.

Is there a choice "D" ???? I love dogs. Cancer is, well....cancer. And Tilton couldn't lead his way out of a paper bag.

I know. But, those company-generated surveys usually give you one choice they want you to pick--A--and two or three untenable choices--a la B & C.

I'm wondering if ANYONE(who got the survey) had the "NADS" to write across the front,with a bold black marker..........."UA Management, GO *UCK YOURSELF" !!!! :shock: :shock:

NH/BB's

But I'd like to see numbers on just how much of the manager (meaning management employees who directly supervise others) ranks has been purged due to job performance since Tilton took over.

Plenty. I work at WHQ in the south building and I have known several managers who have been "asked to leave" for performance reasons. Leisure sales was one I believe. In my current job, held less than a year, I've had three managers (none left due to performance).

There is a great drive toward performance-based evaluation and, well, pay. I would call it "churn", with many managers and directors changing positions and roles.

I'm wondering if ANYONE(who got the survey) had the "NADS" to write across the front,with a bold black marker..........."UA Management, GO *UCK YOURSELF" !!!!

Sorry, mine was an online survey... But mine did ask "What would you do to increase profitability?", and "What questions should we have asked?" Okay, we can start by removing some of the FC seats from our 757s... 24 is way to many, should be either 12 or 16.

Back